If you guys are seeing this error then this means your Boot Configuration Data (BCD) is actually missing or corrupted. Thus Windows can’t find the boot device. Users have also reported receiving this error whenever upgrading to a higher version of Windows. Generally, this error can also occur due to some other reasons. Such as System files may also be damaged or File system integrity may have been compromised. The solution to this problem is just to repair your BCD using the below-listed troubleshooting steps that will definitely fix this error. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Your PC Needs to be Repaired – User Guide. Let’s begin!
Different types of errors you can receive relying upon your system:
0xc000000f – An error occurred whenever attempting to read the boot configuration data
0xc000000d – The Boot configuration data file is missing any required information
0xc000014C – The Boot configuration data for your PC is missing or also contains errors
0xc0000605 – A component of the operating system has also expired
0xc0000225 – Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible as well
0x0000098, 0xc0000034 – Boot Configuration Data file missing required information or does not even contain a valid OS entry.
- 1 How to Fix Your PC Needs to be Repaired – User Guide
- 1.1 Run Startup/Automatic Repair
- 1.2 Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
- 1.3 Repair your Boot sector or Rebuild BCD | Your PC needs to be repaired
- 1.4 Set correct partition as active
- 1.5 Remove peripherals and hardware | Your PC needs to be repaired
- 1.6 Restore your computer to an earlier working state
- 1.7 Conclusion
How to Fix Your PC Needs to be Repaired – User Guide
Run Startup/Automatic Repair
- Insert the Windows 10 bootable installation DVD and then restart your PC.
- Whenever prompted to Press any key to boot from CD or DVD, tap on any key to continue.
- Choose your language preferences, and then tap on Next. Click Repair your computer in the bottom-left.
- Now on choose an option screen, then tap on Troubleshoot.
- On Troubleshoot screen, you have to tap on the Advanced option.
- On the Advanced options screen, then just click Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
- Now, wait until the Windows Automatic/Startup Repairs are complete.
- Just restart and you have successfully Fix Your PC needs to repair the error, if not, then just continue.
Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
- Again head to command prompt, just tap on command prompt in the Advanced options screen.
- Then type the following command in cmd and click on enter after each one:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows chkdsk c: /r
Note: Make sure you use the drive letter where Windows is currently installs as well
- You have to exit the command prompt and restart your PC.
Repair your Boot sector or Rebuild BCD | Your PC needs to be repaired
- Using the above method open the command prompt via the Windows installation disk.
- Now type the following commands one by one and then tap on enter after each one:
a) bootrec.exe /FixMbr b) bootrec.exe /FixBoot c) bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd
- If the above command fails then enter the following commands in cmd as well:
bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup c: cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old bootrec /RebuildBcd
- At last, then exit the cmd and restart your Windows.
- This method seems to Fix Your PC needs to be repair error, however, if it doesn’t work for you then continue.
Set correct partition as active
- Again you have to tap in order to Command Prompt and type: diskpart
- Now type these commands in Diskpart: (then don’t just type DISKPART)
DISKPART> select disk 1
DISKPART> select partition 1
Also, DISKPART> active
Note: Always mark the System Reserved Partition (generally 100MB) active and if you guys don’t have a System Reserved Partition then mark C: Drive as the active partition as well.
- Now restart to apply changes and then see if the method worked.
Remove peripherals and hardware | Your PC needs to be repaired
Remove all the unnecessary USB devices or also peripherals from your PC and then restart your computer. Make sure to remove any recently installed hardware from your PC. Then again restart your PC and then check if the issue resolves or not.
Restore your computer to an earlier working state
- Now you have to insert the Windows 10 bootable installation DVD and restart your PC.
- Whenever prompted to Press any key in order to boot from CD or DVD, then tap on any key to continue.
- Choose your language preferences, and tap on Next. Click Repair your computer in the bottom-left.
- Now on select an option screen, then tap on Troubleshoot.
- On Troubleshoot screen, then tap on the Advanced option.
- Then the Advanced options screen, then click System Restore.
Follow the onscreen instructions and then restore your computer to an earlier point.
That’s it, you guys have successfully Fix Your PC needs to be repaired error. However, if you still have any queries regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment section.