In addition to a record amount of RAM, the smartphone received a customizable RGB backlight and a new AMOLED screen. The company Xiaomi held a presentation of the second generation of the Black Shark gaming smartphone, developed in collaboration with the startup of the same name. The novelty called Black Shark Helo, like its predecessor, offers the most powerful technical characteristics, an unusual and bright design, as well as many interesting features at a competitive price.
The main difference between the two generations is the screen. In Black Shark Helo, instead of the classic IPS matrix, an AMOLED panel is installed with a slightly larger diagonal (previously 5.99 inches) and the same resolution of 2160×1080 pixels (Full HD +). The refresh rate of the image remained at 60 Hz, so ASUS ROG Phone and Razer Phone 2 still remain ahead of the gameplay smoothness.
The Black Shark Helo hardware platform is virtually identical to the original Black Shark: an eight-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with a clock frequency of 2.8 GHz, 6 GB or 8 GB of RAM, and 128 GB of permanent memory. However, Xiaomi additionally introduced a configuration with 10 GB of RAM and 256 GB of ROM. The latest LPDDR4X and UFS 2.1 standards are used, there is no talk of expanding storage with MicroSD memory cards. The battery capacity has not changed – 4000 mAh with support for Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging technology.
Black Shark Helo models with 6 GB or 8 GB of RAM received one wireless Bluetooth push-button controller. The version with 10 GB of RAM comes already with two such gamepads – one for each side of the smartphone. Another air-cooled accessory will be released with a 3.5 mm audio jack for headphones. On the left side is the physical switch Shark, activating a special game mode. The integrated liquid cooling system uses two tubes to distribute heat from the processor evenly.
The rear panel and the side faces were transformed and got an RGB backlight. In addition, functions such as Shark Time (automatic creation of 10-second video game moments using artificial intelligence), Gamer Studio (control settings of the processor, display sensor, sound effects, network, etc., the creation of various game profiles appeared in Black Shark Helo for each game) and compatibility with HDR10. Pixelworks’ special mobile chip helps to convert SDR content to HDR in real time. Frontal stereo speakers are preserved.
Technical characteristics of Xiaomi Black Shark Helo:
- Display: 6.01 inches, AMOLED, resolution 2160×1080 pixels (Full HD +), 18: 9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 and sRGB color space, compatibility with HDR10.
- Processor: eight-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with a clock frequency of 2.8 GHz.
- RAM: 6/8/10 GB (LPDDR4X).
- Internal memory: 128/256 GB (UFS 2.1).
- Main camera : dual, 12 megapixels (f / 1.75 aperture) + 20 megapixels (f / 1.75 aperture, dual optical zoom), 6-lens lenses, phase autofocus, artificial intelligence, dual LED flash.
- Front camera : 20 megapixels, f / 2.2 aperture.
- Battery : 4,000 mAh, quick charge Quick Charge 3.0.
- Operating system: Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 10 interface.
- Connectivity : 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- Other: fingerprint scanner, RGB backlight, stereo speakers, Gamer Studio app, USB Type-C 2.0, Dual SIM.
- Dimensions : 160×75.2×8.7 mm, weight – 190 g
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo will go on sale on October 30 and will initially be available for purchase only in China. It is expected that in other countries, the smartphone will be released as Black Shark 2. The official cost in the Chinese market:
- 6 GB of RAM + 128 GB of ROM – $460.
- 8 GB of RAM + 128 GB of ROM – $505.
- 10 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM – unknown.
For more stuff visit our site techverses.com and discover what you want.