WudfRd driver failed to load is basically caused due to incompatible drivers which most of the time occurs when you upgrade to Windows 10. This is because whenever you update to Windows 10 your drivers are overwritten via Microsoft drivers which causes a conflict and hence the error. Many times this error is also cause due to Windows Driver Foundation. The user-mode Driver Framework service is actually not started and is disabled. Just simply start the service and settings its startup type in order to Automatic seems to fix the problem. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix WUDFRd failed to load in Windows. Let’s start!
Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Event ID: 219 Task Category: (212) Level: Warning User: SYSTEM Description: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_HUAWEI&PROD_SD_STORAGE&REV_2.31#8&5853DF2&0#.
This error is mostly related to USB drivers and generally, that have an Event ID 219. This event actually happens whenever a plug and play device driver (Such as USB drivers) on your system is failing because of a device driver or device malfunction. There is a lot of fixes related to this error which we are now going to discuss today. So without even wasting any time let’s see how you can Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load error message along with the below-troubleshooting steps.
How to Fix WUDFRd failed to load in Windows
What is WUDFRd?
WUDFRd is basically a system process that is really important for the Windows PC. You guys can find the system file WUDFRd.sys in the /C>Windows>System32>drivers as well. The Windows process is actually a part of the Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework Reflector. As well as Windows Driver Foundation – Reflektor für Benutzer Modus-Treiber Framework and also belongs to the software via Microsoft. The system file can also show as an error message that is “The driver WUDFRd failed to load the device.” after an update. It is possible for a lot of reasons, and it will also show as the misbehaving device drivers.
As the device drivers are actually the important cue in between the hardware and software communication on the system. If it shows an error message, the computer can’t operate smoothly as well. There are a lot of issues that may occur after you guys see this WUDFRd driver error. The USB port might stop working, the PC may fail in order to recognize the graphics card. As well as it may stop the functioning of one or also the other device installed on your PC. The error message can also be seen on the startup time on your PC. Either the blue screen and it actually says – The driver WUDFRd failed to load the device as well.
Start Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework Service
- Just tap on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and click on Enter.
- You have to find Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service and then right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Just set its startup type to Automatic and make sure the service is running, if not then just click on Start.
- Tap on Apply followed via OK.
- You have to reboot your PC in order to save changes.
This should actually help you to Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load error but if not, then just continue to the next method.
Reinstall USB Controllers | WUDFRd failed to load
- You need to tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Then expand USB Controllers and then right-click on each of them and choose Uninstall.
- If asks for confirmation, just choose Yes.
- After all the controllers are uninstalling reboot your PC in order to save changes.
- This would automatically install the drivers and then would fix the issues well.
Make sure Windows is up to date
- Tap on Windows Key + I and then choose Update & Security.
- Next, tap on Check for updates and then make sure in order to install any pending updates.
- After the updates are installed reboot your PC in order to Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load error.
Disabling Hard Disk Hibernation | WUDFRd failed to load
- You have to right-click on the Power icon on the system tray and choose Power Options.
- Tap on Change plan settings next to your chosen Power plan as well.
- Now tap on Change advanced power settings.
- Just expand the Hard disk and then expand Turn off the hard disk after.
- Now edit the setting for On battery as well as plugged in.
- You have to type Never and hit Enter for both of the above settings.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment