If you guys have a genuine copy of Windows, then you guys may be well aware of how important are the updates provided via Microsoft for your Operating System. Along with the help of these updates, your system is actually made more secure via patching a lot of security vulnerabilities. However, what happens whenever you guys are stuck downloading Windows Update? Well, this is the case here, where Windows Update is Stuck at 0%, and no matter how much you guys wait or what you do, it will then remain stuck. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Windows Update Stuck at 0. Let’s begin!
Windows update is an essential feature that makes sure Windows receives critical security updates in order to protect your Computer from security breaches. Such as recent WannaCrypt, Ransomware as well. However, if you guys are not able to download the latest updates, then this might a problem that needs to fix as well. As soon as possible. So without even wasting any time let’s see How you guys Fix Windows Update Stuck at 0% along with the help of the below troubleshooting guide as well.
- 1 How to Fix Windows Update Stuck at 0
- 1.1 Rename SoftwareDistribution Folder
- 1.2 Disable all Non-Microsoft services (Clean boot) | Windows Update Stuck
- 1.3 Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes | Windows Update Stuck
- 1.4 Delete SoftwareDistribution Folder | Windows Update Stuck
- 1.5 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter | Windows Update Stuck
- 1.6 Conclusion
How to Fix Windows Update Stuck at 0
Many time, the Windows update not downloading issue easily solve with just waiting for a moment or restarting the PC. This way has helped many Windows users got rid of the Windows update not downloading issue as well. One possible reason for this method is that this issue is via a slow internet and there is actually no error in your computer. If so, you guys can this method.
If you guys have already tried waiting for a few hours then without even hesitating to follow the below methods. Now your Windows updates are definitely stuck as well.
Rename SoftwareDistribution Folder
- You have to open Command Prompt. The user can perform this step via searching for ‘cmd’ and then click on Enter.
- Now type the following commands in order to stop Windows Update Services and then click on Enter after each one:
1. net stop wuauserv
2. net stop cryptSvc
3. net stop bits
4. net stop msiserver
- Next, type the following command in order to rename SoftwareDistribution Folder and then click on Enter:
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- At last, type the following command in order to start Windows Update Services and then click on Enter after each one:
1. net start wuauserv
2. net start cryptSvc
3. net start bits
4. net start msiserver
- Now reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Disable all Non-Microsoft services (Clean boot) | Windows Update Stuck
- Tap on the Windows Key + R button, and then type MSConfig and tap on OK.
- Now under the General tab, just make sure Selective startup, you have to check.
- Then uncheck Load startup items that are under selective startup.
- Just switch to the Service tab and then just checkmark Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now click Disable all button to turn off all the unnecessary services that might cause conflict.
- Then on the Startup tab, just tap on Open Task Manager.
- Now, in the Startup tab (Inside Task Manager) and then disable all the startup items which enables it.
- Tap on OK and then Restart. Now again try to Update Windows and then this time you will be able to update your Windows successfully.
- Now again press the Windows key + R button and then just type MSConfig and click on Enter.
- On the General tab, just choose the Normal Startup option and then tap on OK.
- Whenever you guys are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart. This would definitely help you guys Fix Windows Update Stuck at 0%.
Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes | Windows Update Stuck
- You hav to download and install CCleaner & Malwarebytes.
- Just Run Malwarebytes and then let it scan your system for harmful files. If malware is found, then it will automatically remove them.
- Now you need to run CCleaner and choose Custom Clean.
- Then under Custom Clean, choose the Windows tab and checkmark defaults, and tap on Analyze.
- When Analyze is complete, then just make sure you’re certain to remove the files to be deleted.
- At last, click on the Run Cleaner button and now let CCleaner run its course.
- To further clean your system, then just select the Registry tab, and make sure the following you hav to check:
- Now tap on the Scan for Issues button and permit CCleaner to scan, and then just tap on the Fix Selected Issues button.
- So, when CCleaner asks “Do you want backup changes to the registry?” choose Yes.
- When your backup has completed, tap on the Fix All Selected Issues button.
- Now restart your PC in order to save changes.
Delete SoftwareDistribution Folder | Windows Update Stuck
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and click on Enter.
- Just right-click on the Windows Update service and choose Stop.
- Then just open File Explorer and then navigate to the following location:
- Now delete all the files and folders that are under SoftwareDistribution.
- Then Again right-click on the Windows Update service and then select Start.
- Now in order to try to download the updates which were stuck earlier as well.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter | Windows Update Stuck
- You have to search for the control panel from the Start Menu search bar and then tap on it to open the Control Panel.
- Just type troubleshooting in the search bar and then tap on Troubleshooting.
- Next, from the left window, pan, choose View all.
- Then from the Troubleshoot computer problems list, just choose Windows Update.
- You have to follow on-screen instructions and let the Windows Update Troubleshoot run.
- Now just restart your PC and again try to install Updates that were stuck actually.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!