If you guys are facing the error message “Your Windows License Will Expire Soon” then just don’t worry. In this article, you guys will find a few ways to fix this Activation error. The problem actually seems to be occurring randomly on users who really have successfully activated their Windows actually. But, after a few months of use, they are faced with this error message as well. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error. Let’s begin!
You can check the error message in Settings, tap on Windows Key + I to open Settings. Then click on the Update & Security icon and now under Activate Windows you guys will see the following error message:
Your Windows License Will Expire on Monday, (date). Contact your system administrator in order to get a product key. Error code: 0xC004F074
Now under the above error message, you guys will see an Activate button. However, nothing happens when you tap on it. It seems just like the traditional way of activating Windows doesn’t seem to work, so just don’t worry; we will still activate Windows via alternative methods.
How to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error
There can be a lot of causes because of which the above error message occurs. Still, a few of them are corrupted Windows system files, outdated drivers, incompatible software as well as hardware, incorrect configuration of registry, or also group policy editor as well.
Before continuing, just make sure you guys have your Windows product key written somewhere safe. Since you guys will need it later on. If you don’t then either follow this guide in order to retrieve your product key or open cmd. And then just use the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
As soon as you hit Enter, you guys will see the license key displayed below OA3xOriginalProductKey. Copy and paste this license key in a notepad file then move this file to a USB drive and write it down somewhere safe to easily access it later.
- You have to open Command Prompt. The user can also perform this step via searching for ‘cmd’ and click on Enter.
- Then type the following command into cmd and then click on Enter:
- As soon as you hit Enter, then this will reset the licensing status on your Windows.
- Now reboot your PC in order to save changes.
If you guys are still facing the Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error on Windows 10, just don’t worry, continue along with the next method.
Disable Windows License Manager Service
- Click on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and click on Enter.
- You have to search for Windows License Manager Service and then double-click on it in order to open its Properties.
- Tap on Stop then from Startup type drop-down, just choose Disabled.
- Now just reboot your PC in order to save changes as well.
- You have to see if you guys are able to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error. If not then make sure to choose “Automatic” from the Startup type drop-down in the Windows License Manager Service Properties window as well.
Rebuild the Tokens.dat file in Windows 10
Well, the Activation tokens file for Windows 10 is generally located at:
For Windows 7: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WSLicense
May time this activation tokens file get corrupted due to which you are facing the above error message. In order to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error, you have to rebuild this token file.
- First of all, just open Command Prompt. The user can perform this step-through by searching for ‘cmd’ and then clicking on Enter.
- Now type the following command into cmd and then click Enter after each one:
net stop sppsvc cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WSLicense ren tokens.dat tokens.bar net start sppsvc cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /rilc
- When finished, then just reboot your PC in order to save changes.
- Now after the PC restarts, you guys will have to re-enter the product key and reactivate your Windows copy.
Change Product Key
- You have to tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then click on the Update & Security icon.
- Then from the left-hand menu, choose Activation, and then tap on the Change product key.
- Now type the Product key you saved via the command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- When you guys typed the product key, then tap on Next to continue.
- This should help you guys activate your Windows, if not then continue along with the next method.
Restart Windows Explorer process
- First of all, you have to tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together in order to launch the Task Manager.
- Now just find explorer.exe in the list then right-click on it and then select End Task.
- Then, this will basically close the Explorer and in order to rerun it, click File > Run new task.
- Now just type explorer.exe and click on OK in order to restart the Explorer.
- When Windows Explorer restart, just search for ‘cmd’ in the Window searching bar and then click on Enter.
- Now just type the following command and click on Enter:
- You have to reboot your PC in order to save changes and then see if you’re able to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error on Windows 10.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Change the IMEI Number on iPhone