Windows Hello is basically a feature in Windows 10 that permits you to sign in via fingerprint, face recognition, or iris scan via Windows Hello. Now Windows Hello is actually a biometrics-based technology that enables users in order to authenticate their identity. In order to access their devices, apps, networks, as well using any one of the above methods. Just read this article to know all about Windows Hello Isn’t Available On This Device. Let’s begin!
Windows Hello is also a great way to protect your system from hackers who use brute force attacks. In order to gain system access and thus you guys must enable Windows Hello in Windows 10 Settings. To do that you have to navigate to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and then turn on the toggle under Windows Hello. In order to enable this feature.
However, what if you guys are seeing the error message “Windows Hello isn’t available on this device”? Well, to actually access Windows Hello you guys must need the proper hardware for biometrics-based sign-in as well. However, if you already have the proper hardware and still seeing the above error message and then the problem must be related to drivers or Windows 10 configuration as well. Anyway, without even wasting any time let’s see How you can Fix Windows Hello isn’t available on this device on Windows 10 along with the help of the below-listed tutorial as well.
- 1 Windows Hello Isn’t Available On This Device
- 1.1 Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- 1.2 Update the Biometric Drivers from Device Manager
- 1.3 Reset Facial/Fingerprint Recognition
- 1.4 Update Your PC To the Latest Version Available | windows hello isn’t available
- 1.5 Disable Fast Startup | windows hello isn’t available
- 1.6 Enable Use of Biometrics from Group Policy Editor
- 1.7 Conclusion
Windows Hello Isn’t Available On This Device
Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then tap on Update & Security icon.
- From the left-hand menu make sure in order to choose Troubleshoot.
- Now under the “Find and fix other problems” section, and then tap on “Hardware and Devices“.
- Next, tap on Run the troubleshooter and then follow on-screen instructions in order to fix Windows Hello isn’t available on this device on Windows 10 error as well.
Update the Biometric Drivers from Device Manager
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now tap on Action from the Menu and then choose “Scan for hardware changes“.
- Then, you have to expand Biometrics and then right-click on the Fingerprint Sensor Device or “Validity Sensor” and choose Uninstall device.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes. When the system restarts, Windows will automatically install the latest drivers from Biometric Devices as well.
See if you guys are able to Fix Windows Hello isn’t available on this device error, and if not then continue along with the next method.
Reset Facial/Fingerprint Recognition
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then tap on Accounts.
- Now from the left-hand menu choose Sign-in options.
- Then under Windows Hello, just locate Fingerprint or Facial Recognition and then click on the Remove button.
- Then again click on the “Get Started” button and follow on-screen instructions in order to Reset Facial or Fingerprint Recognition.
- When finished, then close Settings and reboot your PC.
Update Your PC To the Latest Version Available | windows hello isn’t available
First of all, you guys should check if your device is running the latest version of Windows 10. In order to start working on the issue. Mostly, the latest update released via Microsoft fixes these issues and it’s not really difficult in order to get it working again after you guys install the latest Windows 10 build.
The updating process is just really simple on Windows 10 since the updates are installed automatically via default. However, you can check for updates manually by following the steps below:
- You can use the Windows Key + I key combination in order to open Settings on your Windows PC. Just like that, you can search for “Settings” by using the search bar located at the taskbar as well.
- Then locate and then open the “Update & security” section in the Settings app.
- Just stay in the Windows Update tab and tap on the Check for updates button under the Update status in order in order to check. If there is a new version of Windows available as well.
- If there is one, Windows should proceed along with the download process automatically.
Just like that, if your updating process is experiencing difficulties. Microsoft has also enabled its users to download the updates manually from their Update Catalog site as well. Now just find out more below as well.
- Just visit this site in order to find out just what the latest update is. It should also be located at the top of the list at the left part of the site along with the current Windows 10 version at the top.
- Then copy the KB (Knowledge Base) number along with “KB” letters as well (e.g. KB4040724) as well.
- Then open Microsoft Update Catalog and then search for the number you just copied.
- Tap on the Download button to the left, select the version of your OS (32bit or 64bit) and then download the file as well.
- Run the file you just downloaded and follow the instructions on the screen in order to complete the updating process.
- Just after the update has finished, restart your PC and then check to see if your PC is also running the latest version available.
Disable Fast Startup | windows hello isn’t available
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type control and click on Enter in order to open Control Panel.
- Tap on Hardware and Sound and then click on Power Options.
- Then from the left window pane choose “Choose what the power buttons do.“
- Now tap on “Change settings that are currently unavailable.“
- Now uncheck “Turn on fast startup” and tap on Save changes.
Enable Use of Biometrics from Group Policy Editor
Note: This method will not work for Windows 10 Home Edition Users, this method is only for Windows 10 Pro, Education, and Enterprise Edition Users.
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type gpedit.msc and hit Enter in order to open Group Policy Editor.
- Now navigate to the following Registry key:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics
- Just Make sure to choose Biometrics then in the right window pane double-tap on “Allow the use of biometrics“.
- Checkmark “Enabled” under the policy properties and tap on Apply followed via OK.
- Then reboot your PC in order to save changes.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!