Windows basically comes pre-installed along with a troubleshooting feature that permits you to detect and fix connectivity issues and many other technical problems on your Windows systems. Whenever you guys use the troubleshooter in order to scan for errors, it automatically detects and resolves them. Mostly, the troubleshooter detects the problem, however, doesn’t recommend any solutions for it. In such cases, you guys will see a yellow warning sign next to your Wi-Fi icon. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Windows could not automatically detect this Network’s Proxy settings. Let’s begin!
Now, whenever you guys run the network troubleshooter, you might encounter an error message. That says Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings. Fortunately, there are many ways that you guys can utilize to fix this network error on your system. Through this guide, we also have explained the many reasons for this error and how you guys can fix Windows. That could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings issue.
- 1 How to Fix Windows could not automatically detect this Network’s Proxy settings
- 1.1 Change Adapter IP settings
- 1.2 Restart the Network Adapter
- 1.3 Reset Network Settings | Windows could not automatically detect
- 1.4 Update Network Drivers
- 1.5 Turn off Proxy Server | Windows could not automatically detect
- 1.6 Rollback Network Adapter
- 1.7 Use Winsock Reset Commands | Windows could not automatically detect
- 1.8 Perform System Restore
- 1.9 Conclusion
How to Fix Windows could not automatically detect this Network’s Proxy settings
The really common reason for this error to occur is because of changes in the proxy settings of your operating system. These settings may also get altered due to
- Virus or malware on your computer or
- Also, changes in Windows operating system files.
Below are a few simple methods in order to fix the proxy settings error on your Windows system.
Change Adapter IP settings
If you guys are unable to access the Internet, then you can also try to disable the manual IP address as well as the DNS configuration on your system. Many users were also able to fix Windows that could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error. Through enabling Windows to automatically acquire the IP address and DNS server address. Just follow the steps for the same now:
- Open Windows Settings and head to Network and Internet section as you did in the previous method.
- Choose Change adapter options under the Status tab.
- Choose your internet network (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and right-click in order to select Properties.
- Just locate Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the given list. Tap on Properties.
- That is under the General tab, turn on the options titled Obtain an IP address automatically and also Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- At last, click on OK in order to save the changes.
Restart the Network Adapter
Restarting your Network Adapter can actually help you fix pesky connection issues on your Windows computers. Just follow the steps to do this:
- Tap on Windows + I keys on your keyboard in order to launch Windows settings.
- Then tap on Network and Internet.
- Now under the Status tab, tap on Change adapter options.
- Now, choose either a Wi-Fi network or Ethernet for LAN connection. Just tap on Disable this network device from the toolbar.
- Just wait for about 10-15 seconds.
- At last, select your network connection again and then tap on Enable this network device from the toolbar as before.
Reset Network Settings | Windows could not automatically detect
If you guys are still unable to access your Internet connection, then try to reset your network settings. Whenever you reset the network settings, it will reset the VPN as well as proxy servers. It will also roll back the network configurations to their default state as well. Follow the steps in order to reset your network settings to fix Windows that could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings as well.
Note: Just make sure you close all the background running programs or applications before you guys proceed with Network reset.
- Open the Windows Settings and tap on Network and Internet.
- Then scroll down and tap on Network reset.
- Now tap on YES in the confirmation window that pops up.
- Finally, your system will then automatically reset the Network settings and also restart your computer.
Also, Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error should be rectified by now. If not, then try the succeeding methods.
Update Network Drivers
If you guys are encountering issues with your Internet connection and are unable to run the network troubleshooter. Then you guys may be using outdated network drivers on your system. If the network drivers are corrupt or obsolete, then you are bound to experience connectivity issues on your system as well.
In order to update network drivers, you have to f follow these steps:
- Head to the Windows search bar and type Device Manager. Just open it from the search results.
- You have to locate and expand Network adapters through double-clicking on them.
- You will also see a list of network drivers installed on your PC. Just make a right-click on your Network driver and click on Update driver from the given menu. Refer to pic below.
- A new window will then appear on your screen. Here, just choose Search automatically for drivers.
Windows will now automatically update your network driver to its latest version as well.
Note: If you guys don’t remember your network driver, then you can navigate to Settings > Network and Internet > Status > Change adapter options. You guys will be able to see the name of the network driver under your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection as well. You have to check the screenshot for reference.
Turn off Proxy Server | Windows could not automatically detect
Disabling the proxy server option was able to fix this issue for a lot of Windows users. Here is how you can disable the proxy server option on your Windows system:
- Open Run via pressing the Windows + R keys together on your Keyboard.
- When the Run dialog box appears on your screen, then type inetcpl.cpl and click on Enter.
- The Internet Properties window will now appear on your screen. Just switch to the Connections tab.
- Tap on LAN settings.
- Now, you need to make sure you uncheck the box next to the option titled Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).
- At last, click on OK in order to save these changes.
Now, just check whether you are able to access your Internet connection. If not, then there might be an issue with Network Drivers installed on your system. We shall also fix these problems in the following methods.
Rollback Network Adapter
Many times, after you update your Windows operating system or also your network driver. It is also possible that certain driver updates are incompatible along with the version of Windows OS. And might lead to Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error as well.
In these situations, the solution is to roll back the network driver to its previous version as instructed below:
- Just open Device Manager as earlier. Then navigate to Network adapters > Network driver.
- Just right-click on your Network driver in order to open the Properties window. You have to switch to the Driver tab from the panel on the top.
- Tap on the Rollback driver option.
Note: If the rollback option is in grey, then it means you did not update the driver, and hence, you need not roll back anything.
- Just simply follow the on-screen instructions in order to roll back the network driver to the previous version.
- Just restart your computer to check if the Internet connectivity error is resolved as well.
If these methods haven’t worked for you, we shall now discuss a few commands that you can run to fix Windows. That could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error actually. So, keep on reading.
Use Winsock Reset Commands | Windows could not automatically detect
By using the Winsock Reset commands, you guys can reset the Winsock settings back to default as well as factory settings. If some undesired changes are actually causing Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error on your system. Also, using the Winsock reset commands will actually resolve this problem.
Here are the steps in order to run Winsock reset commands:
- Open Command Prompt with administrative rights.
- Then type the following commands one by one and click on the Enter key after every command.
netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns
- When the commands have run, restart your computer and then check if you were able to fix Windows that could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error.
Perform System Restore
When you guys restore your PC, all recent driver updates and program files are deleted from your system as well. It will basically restore your system to the state whenever your Network connection was actually working smoothly. And will also fix Windows that could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error. Further, you guys don’t have to worry about your personal data since it would remain unaffected during system restore.
Well, system Restore always works in resolving the error; therefore System Restore can definitely help you guys in fixing this error. So without wasting any further time running the system restore to Fix Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!