Windows 10 is undoubtedly one of the best operating systems ever created via Microsoft. But, like all previous versions, it also has its own faults and errors. One of the most common issues that users experience is getting stuck on the Windows welcome screen whenever starting the device. This is really an annoying situation since you cannot start working on your devices until Windows operating system is properly loaded. You guys might have started pondering upon the factors causing this problem. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen. Let’s start!
- 1 How to Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen
- 1.1 Disconnect from the Internet
- 1.2 Check your hardware
- 1.3 Disconnect your USB devices | Windows 10 Stuck
- 1.4 Use a debugging software
- 1.5 Perform Automatic System Repair
- 1.6 Turn off Fast Startup | Windows 10 Stuck
- 1.7 Run System Checks using Command Prompt
- 1.8 Use System Restore
- 1.9 Reset Windows 10 | Windows 10 Stuck
- 1.10 Conclusion
How to Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen
Disconnect from the Internet
According to users, Windows 10 gets stuck on the login screen since it’s trying to connect to your wireless connection. To fix this issue, make sure to temporarily disable your Wi-Fi and check if that solves the problem. If you’re not a network administrator, then you can unplug your Wi-Fi dongle and check if that solves the problem.
If you guys don’t use a Wi-Fi connection at all, just disconnect your Ethernet cable and check if the problem still appears. Few users also suggest using an Ethernet connection rather than Wi-Fi. According to them. Turning off the Wi-Fi and connecting the PC directly to a router fixed the problem, so you might have to try that as well.
Check your hardware
According to users, sometimes this issue can occur because of faulty hardware such as a faulty internal SD card. To fix it, users also had to disconnect the problematic device from the motherboard. This solution might need you to open your computer case. So if your PC is still under warranty or if you guys don’t know how you can properly remove hardware, you guys should try a different solution.
Disconnect your USB devices | Windows 10 Stuck
Many users also reported that USB devices actually cause Windows 10 to stuck on the welcome screen. Hence, you can try disconnecting all the USB devices like Keyboards, mouse, Printers, as well. Now just boot your system and check if the problem is solved or not as well.
Use a debugging software
One of the easiest ways to instantly troubleshoot the problem. Even if you guys don’t know the cause, is to use a system restoring and optimization software like Restoro. The tool will thoroughly scan your PC and find corrupted files as well as faulty registry entries that might also have led to your device freezing onto the log-in screen.
- Restart your PC when it boots. Repeat this step many times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair message.
- Whenever that happens, just tap on Advanced options.
- Now just select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Press the Restart button.
- When your PC restarts, then you’ll see a list of options. Choose any version of Safe Mode via pressing the appropriate key.
Using Restoro is really intuitive and no further action will be important on your part. Besides, when you have the software, you will be able to use it for further monitoring your device performance parameters and also take the appropriate actions.
Perform Automatic System Repair
Running Automatic Repair on Windows 10 has solved the Windows Welcome Screen Stuck issue for a lot of users. However, before you can run Automatic repair you need to access the Advanced Recovery Options on your device.
- From the login screen tap on Shift & choose Restart. This will then directly take you to the Advanced Recovery Options.
- From Choose an options screen, then tap on Troubleshoot.
- On Troubleshoot screen, just tap the Advanced option.
- On the Advanced options screen, press the Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
- Now, wait till the Windows Automatic/Startup Repairs are complete.
- Restart and you guys have successfully Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen issue, if not, then continue.
Turn off Fast Startup | Windows 10 Stuck
The fast startup actually combines features of both Cold as well as full shutdown and Hibernates. Whenever you shut down your PC with a fast startup feature enabled. It then closes all the programs and applications running on your PC and also logged out all the users too. It acts like a freshly booted Windows. However, the Windows kernel is loaded and a system session is running that basically alerts device drivers to prepare for hibernation actually. That saves all current applications and programs running on your PC before closing them.
So now you guys know that Fast Startup is an important feature of Windows as it saves the data whenever you shut down your PC and start Windows faster. However, this could be also one of the reasons that why your PC is stuck on the Welcome screen. Many users reported that disabling the Fast Startup feature also has solved their problem.
Run System Checks using Command Prompt
You guys may be facing the Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen issue due to corrupted files or folders on your PC. Thus, running the system check will also help you identify the root cause of the problem and then would fix the issue.
- Just put in the Windows installation media or Recovery Drive/System Repair Disc then choose your language preferences and click Next.
- Tap on Repair your PC at the bottom.
- Now select Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options.
- Choose Command Prompt (With networking) from the list of options.
- Just enter the following commands in the Command Prompt and click on Enter after each one:
Note: It is important to note that this may also be a time-consuming task so you guys have to be patient. Now wait till the commands are executed.
sfc /scannow chkdsk c: /f /r bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /scanos bootrec /rebuildbcd
- When the commands are executed, just exit the command prompt and reboot your PC.
Use System Restore
It is one of the helpful features that enable you in order to restore your PC to the previous working configuration.
- Just restart your PC a few times during the boot until the Automatic Repair message appears.
- Now head to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.
- Choose your username and enter your password.
- Tap on Next, select the desired restore point and then follow the instructions on the screen to restore your PC.
- After your PC is restored, then just check if the problem still appears.
Reset Windows 10 | Windows 10 Stuck
If the problem still persists, then you might want to try resetting Windows 10 as a final solution. Before we start, we need to warn you that a Windows 10 reset will remove all your files from the C drive. So you guys should back them up. To back up your files, you’ll have to use the Safe Mode. In addition, you guys might need a Windows 10 installation media, so you might also have to use a Media Creation Tool to create it.
After backing up your files, you can also reset Windows 10 via following these steps:
- Just restart your PC a few times until you start Automatic Repair.
- Select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC and then Remove everything.
- For the next step you guys might be asked to insert Windows 10 installation media, so make sure to have it ready.
- Now just choose your version of Windows and tap on Only the drive where Windows is installed > Just remove my files.
- You guys should now see a list of changes that reset will perform. If you’re ready to start, tap on the Reset button.
- Now just follow the instructions on the screen in order to complete the reset.
When the reset is complete, you’ll have a fresh installation of Windows and also the problem should be permanently fixed.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!