One of the most common uses of Android tablets in for reading ebooks actually. There are many different formats for ebooks some, are proprietary such as Amazon kindle, Nook, and many others are more open. And standard lsuch as ike pdfs (portable document format) ebooks. The two most common are ebook formats are Kindle and pdf.The Android Kindle reader App can read both formats as well. Just read this article to know all about Where are Kindle Books Stored on Android. Let’s begin!
Reading Kindle Books
You guys don’t need an Amazon kindle in order to read these kindle ebooks. Because there are Apps available for Android, and IOS as well as for windows PCs. But you will need a free Amazon account in order to purchase and download the books. Amazon ebooks are stor on Amazon servers on the Internet. And are also available for you in order to read on any device that is register to your account actually.
This basically means that you can read an ebook on your PC. And later open the same ebook on your android tablet or phone as well. It even knows where you guys stopped reading. And will prompt you in order to go to the bookmark whenever you open the book again as well. You will actually need an Internet connection to download the book. However, you can also read the book when offline. Wheneve you guys open a book on your tablet it is downloaded and saved on your device, and will then be available if you later go off line actually.
You guys can also download and store books to your tablet without even opening them (see later). However, remember, just because the book is visible in the carousel whenever you open your kindle App. It doesn’t mean that you save it on your device. If you guys are looking for your books on your device they appear to be saved in:
\Internal storage\Android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files\ or \sdvard\Android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files\
But it is difficult to tell what books are save there as Kindle uses obscure names for the Book names.
Where are Kindle Books Stored on Android
Whenever you open the Kindle App your books will be display in a carousel actually. These are basically the books that are in your library, however, not necessarily those that are saved on your device.
- Long Press on the book cover and you guys will be able in order to manage the book properties.
- If you guys click the icon (three horizontal lines)
- In the top left next to the kindle icon you guys can:
- Download the Book in order to store on the device
- Remove the book from the device as well.
- Synchronize the Library between android and your Amazon account too.
- The library section is really useful because if you tap on the link ON DEVICE. Then you will see a list of all books that have also downloaded and stored on this device.
- Notice the tick that also indicates it has downloaded.
- You guys can remove a book from the device through long pressing on the book cover. A menu appears at the top along with a trash can icon as well.
- Tap on the trash can to remove the book from the device.
It is not deleted from your Amazon account as well.
- In order to download a book go to the library and see all items.
- Books that have not downloaded will not have a tick.
- Long tap on the book cover and a menu bar appears at the top. Tap on the download icon to download the book to your device.
- In order to open a book just click on the cover.
- When you open a book the book appears in full screen actually.
- If you want to move between pages swipe left or right or press the screen on the left or right.
- If you click in the middle of the screen you guys will see menu options in the top left and right, and a location bar at the bottom of the screen as well.
- Your current location is shown via a white circle.
- You guys can move position in the book via the location bar through dragging the pointer (white circle.)
- Also, drag this pointer to a new position on the location bar.
- The two smaller gray icons are actually your last two positions. Tap on any one of them to move instantly to that locations.
- If you click on the book cover icon (three horizontal lines)
- In the top left you can navigates via the book with the table of contents and return to the library in order to choose another book.
- In the top right hand corner you guys will see the display icon Aa.
- Click and you guys can change the screen display properties. You can also change the text size via two fingers in order to pinch in or out.
- Next to the display icon you see the menu option click here. And you can access your bookmarks, kindle store, and also share parts of the book along with others.
- You can also add bookmarks via clicking in the top of screen when you are in full screen mode.
- Whenever you do that a blue bookmark appears at the top of the screen as well.
Reading PDF Books on Kindle- Manually Adding Books
You guys can manually add books to the kindle reader via placing them in either books or kindle folders. These folders are directly under the sdcard directory actually.
Note: The sdcard directory is basically called primary in the AStro file manager.
Kindle will then open pdf Books without even being converted to KIndle format. If you guys place these books in the books or kindle folders. Then they appear on the carousel, in the Library (all Items), and in Docs as well.
Note: Kindle does not see files in sub folders so the pdfs in the wordtracker folder don’t appear in the Kindle library as well.
Note 1: I use the books folder whenever adding files manually.
Note2: Books that you guys manually add to an android tablet or phone aren’t available to many other devices.
Personal Document Storage -Sending Books by Email
You guys can send word andmany other documents to your Kindle through using email. Kindle also supports a number of document formats as shown below: Your kindle App has an email address and you guys can send documents and books to it through attaching them to an email.
- In order to find your email address head to Settings and you should see the email address:
- If you guys use the subject line convert then Amazon will also convert the files to Kindle format.
- They basically appear in the carousel and in the docs folder of the Kindle App. They are automatically downloaded and saved on the device in the kindle folder.
- You guys can find you device email address via going to the main menu and settings.
Manage Kindle Devices | where are kindle books stored on android
In order to manage all of your Kindle devices and content you have to go to the Manage Your Content and Devices Web Page. The opening page actually has three main tabs.
This is used to manage your ebooks. You can also add books to collections, and create new collections etc
Kindle creates generic device names such as My Android Device. My 2nd Android Device etc that make it difficult to know which device you are trying to manage actually. You can also change the device name,email address etc via choosing the device and tapping on the appropriate links.. You guys can also change the device name via going to the device itself and choosing settings.
Also, change you billing options and many other Kindle account settings
Well, That all from my side. If you want to know more about this “where are kindle books stored on android” article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!