It is straightforward actually. Just assume that Discord is just like Instagram, and it gives its users with a block feature. If you found someone harassing or annoying you, you guys can just block them. With doing this, you are preventing them from chatting or contacting you as well. They also can’t even see your activities. That is what blocking actually does in Discord. Just read this article to know all about What Happens When You Block Someone on Discord.
The Internet also lets one person get in touch with billions of people across the globe. However, there is one downside to this. That is, you guys will find some folks are jerks. Those who are playing games along with an open chat know how annoying some folks can be. There can be some folks who can also create problems in the group.
If someone is sending an abusive message and is annoying you, on a voice server it may get really old. But, if you are on Discord and use this for chatting, and there is are some features. Through which you guys can effectively deal with people who are also creating problems and who are annoying. Discord comes along with options such as a ban, block, deafen, kick, or mute.
What Happens When You Block Someone on Discord
- That person will not be able to send messages via the platform.
- They will be permanently removed from your friend list as well. But, in the future, you guys can add them back.
- The messages that they are sending in the mutual servers will not be displayed on your chatbox as well. But, if you guys want to check the message they have sent, then you can use the button with the number of blocked messages.
Block, Kick, Mute, Ban, Deafen on Discord
- Whenever you guys block a user on Discard, you can avoid users from communicating via direct messages. However, your messages will be still visible to them. Besides, they can also see your current status, i.e., online or offline.
- Talking about muting, it is quite similar to blocking as well. This feature is only of the Discord voice channel actually. The muted users won’t be able to speak in that specific channel, however, can hear what you are saying.
- Deafen feature also works on the Discord voice channel too. It also prevents deaf users from listening to what other members are saying on that channel as well.
- Coming to the kicking feature, it also means booted off someone from the channel. But, if re-invited, the user can re-join the channel too.
If you are the administrator of the sever, then it’s up to you to choose whether to mute, kick, block, deafen or ban someone from the channel as well.
Process of blocking a user in Discord
You want to block someone from your channel in Discord? Here is the process for you:
- First of all, open the Discord Direct Message app.
- Now select the user’s profile that you guys want to block.
- Now, you will also see the three-dot menu icon located on the right corner of the user’s profile. Just tap on it.
- Then simply tap on Block.
- Tap on the Discord app to open the program.
- Now, select the server of your messaging channel.
- Then choose the chat channel located under the voice channel tab actually.
- Now, tap on the user’s name you wish to block.
- Tap on Block. You guys will get a confirmation message.
- Click on Block in order to confirm
There is also something that you should keep in your mind. Even though you also have blocked the person, that person can also see your messages. Besides, your status will be visible to that person as well. They really can’t send any messages or contact you on Discord as well. If you know, then you will find it a quite effective method in order to eliminate unwanted noise from your communication channel.
How can you mute a user in Discord?
The process is really easy. Muting will make the users unable to talk via your Discord voice channel. In order to mute someone:
- YOu ae to locate the user’s profile that you want to mute.
- Then right-tap on the profile. That will bring a context menu.
- There you have to select the Mute option. That’s just it. You won’t find the person annoying you anymore.
Kicking someone from the channel in Discord
If you guys think muting or blocking is not enough, then you can go for the Kick option. Just follow the steps in order to kick that person.
- You have to locate the profile of the users in the list whom you want to Kick from the channel.
- Now right tap on the user profile and choose Kick from the context menu.
- You guys may put your reason why you are kicking that person. So that the person can also know why he/she got kicked out from the channel. If you guys want, you can leave it blank. This is really easy.
With these features, you guys can now keep your Discord channel running smoothly.