Before you begin to configure VPN, you need to decide what it is and what it’s all about: VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a private virtual network through which you can merge several different devices assigned to different local networks into one common one. In simple terms, an additional network is created on top of the usual Internet we use. Why do I need a VPN?
- First, such a connection is distinguished by a high level of protection and allows you to protect the user from malicious programs and hacker attacks.
- Secondly, many companies use VPN to preserve the confidentiality of their data. In general, if you are a fan of conspiracy, then VPN is the best choice.
Here are a few simple examples of the use of VPN.
For example, we can access a blocked site, a service, or even an application. Let’s say that some game on Google Play is not available in our country. Using VPN, we can make Google “think” that we use the Internet from the US, Australia, Japan, etc., thus avoiding the restrictions that prevent us.
For business, VPN is a necessary valuable tool that allows uniting remote workers from different points of the world into a single network while at the same time reliably protecting their data.
Using public networks, for example, free Wi-Fi at public catering points or entertainment centers, we run the risk that disgruntled users, having some skill, easily steal our passwords and other confidential information stored on our smartphone. And the use of VPN reduces to “no”, such “unhealthy” encroachments.
In addition, by installing a secure VPN connection, we can hide our real IP address for the sake of anonymity. Suppose we want to distribute any material or leave a “hard” comment on some Internet resource: VPN will allow us to do this while remaining unpunished.
VPN has few cons, but still, they are
The speed of connection and loading of pages will noticeably drop
VPN does not give 100% protection: you remain vulnerable to attack and tracking through plugins and extensions and Cookie. We advise you to clear history and not save cookies or use Orfox (tor browser).
How to set up a VPN on Android
Using the built-in tools This method does not need to install any additional applications, but it will take a lot of picking in the settings, so if you want all “in one click” – go to the next method. Important! Before you can connect to a private VPN, you must obtain all necessary credentials from the administrator of this network for access. Instructions:
Step 1: Go to the Settings > Connections of your smartphone and click the “More Connection Settings” tab.
Step 2: Here we are interested in the item VPN, click on it.
Step 3: A window appears in which you need to click “Add VPN”
Step 4: Enter the name, for example, Legat. The type is left by default PPTP.
Step 5: Enter the address of the server (we need to take it from the network administrator).
Step 6: Enter the username and password and click “Save”.
Step 7: Now a new network has appeared on the VPN list. We click on it, enter the username and the password, which we received from the network administrator. We put a tick in front of the field “Save credentials”, so you do not have to enter them again, and click the “connect” button.
Step 8: Now in the status of the network appeared the inscription “connected”, and in the command line on top of the key icon.
That’s all. Our real IP address and location are hidden from the “curious” eyes. The rest of the methods are much easier to implement, but they will have to download additional applications.
The second method is the simplest.
At this time we will use the Opera VPN application, it allows you to connect to a virtual private network in one click: using both mobile and Wi-Fi Internet. The application has already become the best tool for circumventing locks and access to locked applications. The application is completely in Russian and there is training in it, so problems should not arise.
The third way is full encryption
Want to completely get rid of shadowing and be sure that ALL traffic will be encrypted via VPN, and also it will be additionally encrypted via TOR networks? This will help Orbot! is a VPN + Tor client that provides full encryption for Root rights owners. This is probably the most reliable and safe of all methods, the price of which is not great at all – you need to get Root rights.
This time we will use a third-party application, which is much easier to configure and will save us from unnecessary “dances with a tambourine.” This application is called “SuperVPN Free VPN Client“, and you can download it from our website by clicking on the link. We only note that the program gives us a 10-day free period of use, and then we will be able to use the application with some limitations.
- Download, install and run this
- Then press the “Connect” button and confirm the action by pressing the “ok”
- That’s all. Now we are connected to the VPN.
The next application that we will be using is called Cloud VPN Pro. You can download it from the link
- Download, install and run Cloud VPN (Free & Unlimited).
- After starting, click the Continue button.
- Then click on the big green round button labeled “Tap to connect”.
- Confirm the action by clicking “ok” and now we are already connected!
Another popular good program that will help us stay on the network with an anonymous name is Turbo VPN – Unlimited Free VPN. You can download it by clicking on the link
- Download, install and run this application.
- After starting, we click on the orange button with the carrot image and confirm the action by pressing “ok”.
- Watch the funny animation of the jumping bunny and now we have already joined the VPN.
The next popular application that we will use is called Free VPN-Hotspot Shield Basic.
- Download, install and run the Free VPN-Hotspot Shield Basic.
- After starting, press the “next” button.
- Then click the round white button with the inscription “protect” and confirm the action by pressing the “ok” button.
- Everything. We connected to the VPN.
Another effective and popular means for accessing the Internet through a VPN is called “Free VPN proxy (proxy)“. You can download it by clicking on the link. Note that the “chip” of this application is the ability to select the country from which we are supposed to go to the worldwide network.
- Download, install and run “Free VPN-proxy (proxy)”.
- After launch, scroll through the screenshots to the right until we see the “Thank you” button. We press
- After that press the big round button with the word “enable”, confirm the action by pressing the “ok” button and wait for “
- All of us connected to the VPN.
VPN clients for Android very much And all have their pros and cons, we tried to choose the most reliable and stable of them, moreover – completely free 🙂 Now you know how to stay in the net anonymously and reliably protect your confidential information. For all emerging issues, write in the comments to the article, and we will help you!
For more stuff visit our site techverses.com and discover what you want.