How To Filter Notification: Today’s Notifications often end up becoming obstruction besides convenience. This is mainly due to they can end up being persistent distractions. iOS and Android have tried to combat this using Digital Wellbeing and Screen Time respectively. In this guide, I’ll tell you another way to manage your notifications.
Meet Filterbox, a comprehensive notification manager, that can drop, backup and filter your notifications simultaneously. However, you can filter your notifications based on a particular phrase or a word. It makes it quite easier to hide notifications having OTP and other confidential data using your device’s notification shade. Also, you can filter them based on contact names or app names, As it can make it easier for you to stay away from distractions and focus more on your work.
Come let’s take a look at how to achieve this using Filterbox.
How to Block Notifications Using a Word Filter
Follow the steps to block notification using a word filter:
Firstly, begin downloading Filterbox app from the Play Store. Also, open the app once it has been installed on your device.
Click on ‘Filter’ located at the bottom of your screen.
Click on the ‘+’ under the right corner of your screen.
Now you can fill in the various details depending on the type of filter that you like to create. Also, take a look at the various fields that you can use to your benefit.
- Rule name: Input your name for this specific rule to make it easily identifiable.
- App selection menu: Assign a specific category of apps that this filter will be implemented on. You can also choose from 3rd party apps, system apps or system services.
- Search apps menu: Using this field you can search and choose particular apps to create app-specific rules using your notifications. However, the way you can dismiss notifications for particular apps or snooze them periodically depending on your preference.
- Text drop-down menu: Using this menu you can assign text phrases and words that can be used to filter out your notifications. You will also use this field to filter out messages using the word OTP in them. However, use Regex fields to filter out your messages in case you like to refine the protocol further.
- Action drop-down menu: This drop-down menu plans what happens to your filtered notifications. You can also decide for them to get dismissed or mute them.
- Force mute while dismissing: This is an extreme choice that can be used in case the Dismiss setting fails to mute notifications for you. Rarely, you still keep listening to notification sounds rather than being dismissed, you can use this choice.
To create a rule to disable notifications having a given word (OTP in our example here), choose ‘From any apps’ in the drop-down menu.
Now choose ‘Contain text’ in the next drop-down menu.
Now choose ‘Dismiss’ as your choice and click on ‘Save’ in the bottom right-hand corner.
However, your notifications containing the word ‘OTP’ will now be dismissed automatically.
Note: To keep Filterbox running in the background, you will have to allow notification access and autostart permissions.
Filterbox will now begin filtering your messages using the word OTP in them. Also, it should provide you better security and privacy just by revoking OTP access from the notifications in the notification shade.
What words to use to dismiss notifications automatically
You can select any other word like a bank account number, contact name, bank’s name, etc that is very common in any notifications you like not to display in the notifications shade.
Here’s all about “How To Filter Notification”. What are your views about Filterbox? Feel free to share your thought, suggestions, and opinions with us in the comments section below.
Till then! Keep Smiling 🙂
Leave a Comment