Keyboard Shortcuts for Notes: Some people love shortcuts, especially keyboard shortcuts. These provide us quicker ways to fulfill tasks and then navigate apps and webpages. Also, if you use the Notes app on your Mac, there’s no good place to use them. When you’re taking down a note, you want a quick way to do it and move on.
For all note-takers, we’ve made a list of keyboard shortcuts for the Notes app on your Mac.
The Notes Window:
You can also use the following shortcuts to work with the Notes app and window itself.
- Show the window: Command + 0 (zero)
- Display notes in list view: Command + 1
- Show notes in gallery view: Command + 2
- Move between window areas: Tab
- New note: Command + N
- Also, New folder: Shift + Command + N
- Search notes: Option + Command + F
Note Editing and Formatting Shortcuts
You can also format your notes and add things to them with instant keyboard shortcuts.
- Title formatting: Shift + Command + T
- Heading formatting: Shift + Command + H
- Subheading formatting: Shift + Command + J
- Body formatting: Shift + Command + B
- Enhance the text size: Command + Plus Sign (+)
- Decrease/Reduce the text size: Command + Hyphen (-)
- Create a link: Command + K
- Attach a file: Shift + Command + A
- Zoom in on a note: Shift + Command + Greater Than Sign (>)
- Zoom out of note: Shift + Command + Less Than Sign (<)
- Print a note: Command + P
If you want to use lists in Notes, whether bulleted, numbered, or checked, then remember these shortcuts in mind.
- Use Checklist formatting: Shift + Command + L
- Enhance a list level: Command + Right Bracket or Tab
- Reduce a list level: Command + Left Bracket or Shift + Tab
- Move a list item up: Control + Command + Up Arrow
- Move down a list item: Control + Command + Down Arrow
- Add a line break in a list: Control + Return
- Tick or untick a checklist item: Shift + Command + U
Also, if you work with tables in your notes, these keyboard shortcuts are handy.
- Insert a table: Option + Command + T
- Add a:
- Row below: Option + Command + Down Arrow
- Row above: Option + Command + Up Arrow
- Column to the right: Option + Command + Right Arrow
- Column to the left: Option + Command + Left Arrow
- Break within a cell: Option + Return
- Move one cell to the right: Tab
- Move one cell to the left: Shift + Tab
- Select a row: Shift + Left Arrow or Right Arrow
- Choose a column: Shift + Up Arrow or Down Arrow
- Select a table: Command + A while your cursor is in the table
Here’s all about “Keyboard Shortcuts for Notes”. As you can view, there are lots of keyboard shortcuts for Notes on Mac. Those you plan to use most often will become such a habit you can’t even think about it. While others make be difficult to remember. So bookmark this page and revisit it for the latest shortcuts you haven’t tried.
Do you have any tricks or other shortcuts for Notes on Mac? If so, please share in the comment section below so we can all give them a try!