If you guys are looking for a way in order to update Realtek HD audio drivers then just don’t look any further as today. In this article, we are going to see how you can update them easily using as few steps as possible. Realtek HD Audio Drivers are actually the most commonly used sound drivers in Windows 10 as well. If you guys will you open Device Manager and expand Sound, video, and game controllers then you guys will find the Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) or Realtek HD device. Just read this article to know all about How to Update RealTek Drivers in Windows. Let’s start!
You guys may also have to update Realtek HD audio drivers if you are facing no sound issues. The sound not working, or the headphones not working as well. So without even wasting any time let’s now see How you can Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10 along with the help of the below-listed guide as well.
How to Update Realtek Drivers in Windows
Download and then Install the Realtek Audio Driver from OEM Manufacturers
The chances are Windows is not able in order to find the latest update via the above method due to an improper internet network connection. As well as for any other reason, so just to sure head to the Realtek website.
- First, open your favorite web browser and then navigate to this website.
- You will be directed towards the download page, also now under “PC Audio Codecs” choose the latest driver available.
Note: Just make sure to download the proper driver according to your system architecture as well.
- If you guys are unable to find then either you guys need the driver for AC’97 Audio Codecs Software or High Definition Audio Codecs Software.
Note: For most of the users, you guys have to download the High Definition Audio Codecs. However, if you guys are on an old system then only you have to download AC’97 Audio Codecs.
- When the file is downloaded, double-tap on the setup file and then follow the on-screen instructions in order to install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio drivers.
Add a Legacy hardware
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” (without even quotes) and click on enter to open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, just choose Sound, video and game controllers and then tap on Action > Add legacy hardware.
- Tap Next, and choose ‘Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended).’
- Just manually install the drivers and then just reboot your system in order to save changes.
Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers using Device Manager
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter in order to open Device Manager.
- Now expand “Sound, video and game controllers” and then right-tap on Realtek High Definition Audio and choose Update Driver.
- Then, on the next screen, tap on “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
- Now, you have to wait for the process in order to finish finding the latest available update for your sound drivers. If found, then just make sure to tap on Install in order to complete the process. When finished, then click Close and reboot your PC in order to save changes.
- However, if your driver is already up-to-date and then you will get a message saying “The best driver software for your device is already installed“ as well.
- Tap on Close and you guys don’t need to do anything as the drivers are already up-to-date.
- When finished, reboot your PC in order to save changes.
If you guys are still facing the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue. Then you have to manually update the drivers, then just follow this guide.
- Again open Device Manager and then right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio & choose Update driver.
- Now this time click on ” Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Now, choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.“
- Choose the appropriate driver from the list and tap on Next.
- Now let, the driver installation complete and then restart your PC as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment