Among Us recently released an update that introduces new features as well as bug fixes as well. If you guys are facing issues along with the game on your device then the latest update might help fix these issues. Fans of the game need to have the latest changes and also improvements available. So just updating Among Us on PC and Mobile is crucial for the best experience as well. In the new updates, you guys will see some balance changes, bug fixes, and also possibly some new content that will greatly enhance your gameplay. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Update Among Us on PC, Android and Mac. Let’s begin!
- 1 How to Update Among Us on PC, Android, and Mac
- 1.1 How to Update Among Us on PC
- 1.2 Among Us On Android
- 1.3 Update Among Us On iPhone and iPad
- 1.4 Install or Update Among Us on a Mac
- 1.5 Update to Among Us Public Beta
- 1.6 Conclusion
How to Update Among Us on PC, Android, and Mac
If you’re not sure how you can update Among Us, you’re in the right place. We’ll direct you through our step-by-step guides for a lot of platforms. We’ll also answer some of your burning questions as well.
How to Update Among Us on PC
If you guys have disabled automatic updates, then you will have to manually tap on update to update Among Us to the latest version as well. If you guys are looking to update to a more recent version that was just release then you can just follow the guide below in order to update your game.
In case the ‘Update’ option in the below guide is unavailable to you then you guys can follow the lengthier way of updating Among Us after this guide. Let’s now take a look at how you can update Among Us in Steam the easy way as well.
- Just open Steam and click on ‘Library’ at the top.
- Now tap on ‘Among Us’ in the sidebar.
- Rather than the ‘Play’ button, you should see a blue ‘Update’ button. Tap on it in order to initiate the update.
- And that’s just it! Among Us will now be updated to the latest version released on Steam as well.
Update all files of the game (still easy)
Among Us is currently available for PC users via Steam. If you want to update the game to its latest version then you will have to use the Steam client on your Windows desktop. Ideally, Steam automatically updates all the games in your library to their latest version as well. If for some reason, your game hasn’t updated automatically or you guys have turned off automatic updates. Then here is an easy way in order to manually update your games in Steam.
- Just open the Steam app on your PC and tap on the ‘Library’ at the top.
- Now find and right-tap on ‘Among Us’ in the left sidebar where you will see a list of all your games.
- Choose ‘Properties.
- Now tap on ‘Local Files’ at the top of the window.
- At last, click on ‘Verify Integrity of game files’ as well.
Steam will also now check all the local installation files on your system. During this process, and the client will be able to identify the outdated version of the game. That will be automatically completes when the integrity of the game files has verified.
Note: This process can take some time relying on your local storage transfer speeds, network connectivity, and steam server response time. Ideally, this should take around 10 mins maximum as well.
Among Us On Android
Android users can easily update their games from the Play Store as well. If you guys are having trouble updating Among Us from the Play Store. Then you can use the second guide below in order to help you install the latest . Apk file on your device as well. Let’s now take a look at each of these procedures.
Update from the Play Store
- Unlock your Android device and open the Play Store. Now just click on the ‘Menu’ icon in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on ‘My apps & games.
- You guys will now see a list of all the apps currently installed on your device along with available updates right at the top. Scroll and find Among Us in the list as well.
- Now just click on ‘Update’ beside it.
- Play Store should now automatically start updating Among Us for you guys. When the update is completes, then you can launch and play the latest version of the game.
Update manually via APK
- In order to update Among Us manually, then you will have the latest .Apk file for the game. You can use this link to navigate to Apkmirror that is a actually trusted source of verified .apk files for most apps as well.
- Scroll down and then you will see a list of all the available updates for Among Us. The latest update should be right at the top that is the file you need to download. A really good way to find the latest update would be to look at their corresponding release dates in the date column. As of writing this article, and the latest update to Among Us was release on the 11th of September as well.
- Click on the ‘Download’ icon beside the file you wish to download.
- Now click on ‘Download APK’ at the bottom.
- You guys will now be redirected to a new page where the download should automatically start on your system. When the download completes, tap on ‘Open file at the bottom of your screen. Just like that, you can also open the downloaded file from your download folder as well.
- Click on ‘Install’.
- The app will now start installing on your Android device. Now, wait for the process to finish and tap on ‘Done’ when it is finished.
Note: If this is your first time installing apps from third-party sources on your Android device then you guys will have to permit your browser in order to install such apps. When you’ve granted these permissions, then you can install the app as mentioned above.
Update Among Us On iPhone and iPad
iOS users can also simply use the App Store to update Among Us on their devices. Apple devices are configured in order to update apps automatically out of the box. This means that updates are automatically performed whenever your device is not in use as well. If you have turned off automatic updates, and then you can use the guide below in order to update Among Us on your iOS device.
- First, open the App Store and tap on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down to the ‘Available Updates’ section as well.
- Just find Among Us in this list and click on ‘Update’ beside it.
The app will now automatically start updating itself and when the process is finished. Then you will be able to use the latest version of Among Us on your iOS device as well.
Install or Update Among Us on a Mac
With the release of the new generation 2020 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, Apple is offering users the ability to install iPhone and iPad apps, all courtesy of the Apple M1 chips which power the two laptops.
This means that you can play Among Us on the new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro running on the new M1 chip via directly downloading the game from App Store as well. The availability of the Among Us game on the Mac is evident from the product pages of the new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. That includes Among Us alongside a list of iOS apps that can be readily installed on the new MacBooks.
You guys can install Among Us’ iOS app on your new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro via opening the Mac App Store. And then search for “Among Us” on the search bar at the left top corner of the app as well.
On the next screen that is the search results, tap on the “iPhone & iPad Apps” tab in order to see the Among Us app. That was originally made for iOS devices as well. This is where you guys will find the game because it won’t pop up in the search results if the ‘Mac Apps’ tab is selected as well. You can also get straight to the game’s listing on the Mac App Store via tapping on the link below:
When you find the Among Us game via Innersloth, click on the ‘Get’ button in order to download and install the game on your new Mac. You can also install future updates for Among Us via simply going to the ‘Updates’ tab on the left sidebar inside the Mac App Store and then tapping on the ‘Update’ button.
Update to Among Us Public Beta
A public beta for Among Us was just release that allows you to anonymize your votes. This ensures that nobody can see who you or anyone else voted for which will make the game a tad bit more interesting. If you are looking to get this latest public beta version then follow the guide below.
- First, open Steam and click on ‘Library’ at the top.
- Now right-tap on ‘Among Us’ in the left sidebar.
- Click and choose ‘Properties’.
- Now tap on the ‘Betas’ tab at the top.
- Then tap on the drop-down list.
- Choose ‘public-beta-’.
- Then tap on ‘Close’.
- Now if you guys have automatic updates enabled, then the game will automatically update itself to the public beta as well.
- The time it takes to update the game will rely on your network speed. If you guys do not have automatic updates enabled, and then simply click on the ‘Update’ icon as shown below.
- Among Us should now be updated to the latest public beta version on your system as well. You can now enjoy the latest bug fixes and also performance improvements alongside the ability to anonymize your votes as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!