UMPlayer is actually a free media player for Mac OS X, that supports a really huge range of audio and video formats. The application also has a lot of advanced features and it has built-in codecs. Along with these codecs, the application is able to handle a really wide range of audio and video formats. Just read this article, we are going to talk about How to Install UMPlayer for Mac – Free Download. Let’s begin!
- 1 UMPlayer For Introduction
- 1.1 Unique Features
- 1.2 How to Install UMPlayer for Mac – Free Download
- 1.3 How to Install UMPlayer on Mac via Mac App store
- 1.4 FAQs
- 1.5 Conclusion
UMPlayer For Introduction
There are a lot of video player and editor apps that you guys can use. Then why should you guys pick the UM Player? Well, if you love to play or stream different multimedia files or content, and then UM Player is all you want. Here we also will show you some key reasons why you should select the UM Player.
UMPlayer can play all major audio and video file formats due to its 270 audio and video codecs. It also supports all known formats and codecs, including avi, mp4, Mkv, MPEG, MOV, DivX, XVID, Audio CDs, DVDs as well.
UM Player is actually a built-in subtitles search option and permits you search for subtitles and stream any content with it. Along with a subtitle supporting system, you can also customize it as your preference. Also including font, size, color, forward, and backward as well.
You can also search, stream, record, and even download youtube videos via UM Player. It will also permit you to set the default playback quality and download any video content via the “preferences” menu as well. You can also use this app through using your own language as it supports multiple languages. UM Player supports a lot of languages, including English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Chinese as well.
UM Player is packed with a lot of skins and icon themes. Due to its skin’s supporting system, you can also customize the interface. Since it contains a simple modern interface with a lot of skins and selects it as your preference.
- The application also has a huge list of in-built codecs; to be exact its 270 video and audio codecs. Some of the common formats that this free media player for Mac supports is such as MOV, WAV, H.263, WMV, OB, ASF, MP3, FLV, AVI, OGG, QT, XVID, Vorbis, MP4, RealMedia, MPEG, AC, Matroska, DIVX, WMA, AC3, etc. Along with this player, you can almost play any media format out there as well.
- This free media player for Mac can also be skinned, so you guys can change the look and feel of the application according to your needs. In order to start with skinning, just navigate to Options –> Skins and choose any skin according to your needs. Here in the screenshot below whenever I changed the skin to the one called Mac Skin. That makes the application feel more native to Mac OS X as well.
- This free media player for Mac supports the ability in order to stream Youtube videos and record them. So that you guys can watch them at a later time according to your convince as well. This is what the player’s website said it does as well. Whenever I tried to test it out, the application was able to bring up a list of videos from Youtube. However, was not able to play them. Hopefully, this is a temporary bug, and the dev teams manage in order to fix this problem.
- The application has the ability to rip files of a DVD and also this application provides you the ability in order to create DVDs. In this manner, this application decreases the need for two applications: a DVD burner and a DVD ripper as well.
- The other generic features of this application are the ability in order to play and search Shoutcast radio as well. Also, remember played media position, supports 35 languages, subtitle delay adjustment, also audio delay adjustment, configurable subtitles, audio equalizer, also audio track switching, customizable hotkey, video equalizer, screenshots, command-line interface, as well.
UMPlayer download and installation on Mac can actually be done either via the Mac app store or the web. It solely relies on which option you guys find more suitable. Although the easier and faster process of installing this app is via the Mac app store.
How to Install UMPlayer for Mac – Free Download
In order to start along with the installation, you guys have to first download the installer. After you have downloaded the installer. Now you have to open it up via double-clicking on it, when you do that you guys will notice a window pop up along with a package file. Double tap on the file to start the installation process. The application works along with Mac OS X 10.5 and above than that.
- First of all, you have to download UMPlayer.
- If the file comes in a zip.extension, and then double-tap the file in order to decompress it
- But, if it is a disk image, then mount the image on your device
- Choose the finder tab at the lower left side of the screen actually
- On the left side of the screen, head to the Downloads
- Right-tap on the UMPlayer disk image and select the option, open
- When this is done, you would find the app under devices. After successful mounting and installation, then you can uninstall the disk image and open UMPlayer for use on your Mac as well
How to Install UMPlayer on Mac via Mac App store
- On the Mac app store, on your Mac device, then you have to enter ‘UMPlayer’ in the search icon
- Because UMPlayer is a free app, then you will see the option, ‘Get’
- Tap on the option, Install UMPlayer, and then you have to enter your Apple ID if requested
- After successful download and installation, then UMPlayer would appear on the launchpad.
- Open and open UMPlayer on your Mac device, and enjoy its awesomeness as well
Can I Use the Um Player on My Mac for Free?
Yes. Each and every user can install UM Player for Mac for free. Also, you can enjoy all the features of it including advanced features as well.
Can I Stream Video Content along With Subtitles in UM Player?
Yes, you guys can stream video content via subtitles in UM Player. You guys can simply download the subtitles from the internet and also enjoy streaming video content via UM Player.
Can I Use the UM Player on Macbook Pro?
Yes, you guys can also use the UM Player for Macbook pro actually. You guys just have to use any android emulator and use this super useful player on your Macbook pro as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!