UC Browser has now proved to be a viable alternative for users who don’t really get along with Google Chrome. That comes pre-installed on your device also. UC browser has also become immensely famous over the past few years and gives certain exceptional features. Those are actually unavailable on Google Chrome as well as any other mainstream browsers. Apart from that, the browsing, as well as downloading speeds in UC Browser, is really fast whenever compared to the pre-installed browser. just read this article to know all about How to Fix UC Browser Common Problems. Let’s now start!
Well, the above facts do not mean that the UC browser is perfect, i.e. It comes along with its own set of flaws and problems also. Users have also been facing issues regarding downloads, random freezes, and crashes as well. Also, the UC Browser running out of space, not being able to connect to the internet, also among other issues. However, just don’t worry in this article we will discuss a lot of UC browser issues and how you can fix them.
- 1 How to Fix UC Browser Common Problems
- 1.1 Random freezes and crashes
- 1.2 UC Browser not being able to connect to the internet
- 1.3 Error whenever downloading files and documents | UC Browser Common Problems
- 1.4 Out of Space error | UC Browser Common Problems
- 1.5 Conclusion
How to Fix UC Browser Common Problems
Random freezes and crashes
A common problem is the abrupt closing of the UC Browser application on Android devices. There also have been a lot of issues reported regarding sudden crashes. Especially for the users who haven’t really updated the app to the latest version. This basically keeps happening from time to time, and even though this issue has also been fixed in the current version, so it is better to resolve it once and for all.
Solution 1: Clear app cache and data
- First of all, open Settings on your device and head to Apps or Application Manager.
- Now navigate to UC Browser under all apps.
- Click on Storage under app details.
- Click on Clear Cache.
- Now open the app and if the problem persists, choose Clear all data/Clear storage.
Solution 2: Make sure to enable all important permissions
- You have to open Settings and go to apps/application manager.
- Just scroll down to “UC Browser” and then open it.
- Choose App Permissions.
- Next, enable permissions for the camera, location, and also storage if it’s not already enabled.
UC Browser not being able to connect to the internet
Well, the features of a web browser are only recognized as long as it is connected to a stable internet connection. A web browser is actually useless if there is no internet connection. Obviously, cause there is absolutely no access to anything that the Browser ceases to provide actually. UC Browser may also run into some network-related issues from time to time as well. Here’s how you can resolve those once and for all.
Solution 1: Restart the device
One of the most basic and preferable solutions, in order to put everything back in place regarding any issues in the device, is actually restarting or rebooting the phone. You guys can do this via pressing and holding the “power” button and choosing “restart”. This will actually take a minute or two to rely on the phone and often fix quite a few of the problems.
Solution 2: Reset Network Settings
Well, resetting the Network Settings completely resets all the Wireless Settings to default. And also deletes paired Bluetooth devices and SSID’s.
- Head to the Settings of your phone.
- Now, tap on the System tab.
- Then tap on the Reset button.
- Now, choose Reset Network Settings.
- You guys will now receive a warning as to what are the things that are going to get reset. Tap on the “Reset Network Settings” option.
- Then, connect to the Wi-Fi network and now try to use Messenger and also see if it still shows the same error message or not.
Solution 3: Turn on Airplane mode and turn it off
The Airplane mode on smartphones turns off all wireless and cellular connections. Basically, you guys cannot perform any functions that need an internet connection. Also, you guys will not be able to make as well as receive calls and messages.
- You have to pull down the notification panel and then toggle the Airplane mode on (flight symbol).
- Then please wait for a couple of minutes and now turn off the Airplane mode.
Error whenever downloading files and documents | UC Browser Common Problems
Well, one of the most common issues that have been reported via many UC Browser users is regarding downloads. The downloads stop suddenly even though they can also be resumed whenever that happens. There are actually a few instances where the download has also to restart from the beginning. This basically causes frustration among users because of the loss of data.
Solution: Turn off Battery Optimization
- You have to pen settings and go to Application Manager or Apps.
- Now scroll down to “UC Browser” and click on it.
- Navigate to “Battery Saver” and choose No Restrictions.
For the devices running stock android:
- Just go to Application Manager under settings.
- Select Special app access that is under “Advanced”.
- Just open Battery Optimization and choose UC Browser.
- Choose Don’t optimize.
Out of Space error | UC Browser Common Problems
Browser apps on Android are actually used for downloading different multimedia files. But, none of these files can be downloaded if there is actually no space left. The default download location for UC Browser is the external SD card because of which there is a possibility that the “out of space” error pops up. In order to resolve this issue, the download location must also change back to internal memory.
- You have to open UC Browser.
- Click on the navigation bar located at the bottom and then just open “Settings”.
- Next, click on the Download Settings option.
- You have to click on the Default Path that is under Download Settings and then just change the download location.
You have to keep in mind that to save the files to the internal memory. We actually recommend you to create a folder named “UCDownloads” first as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Open Outlook in Safe Mode