Galaxy A30 is a mid-range latest phone. In this year, the Samsung company has rolled out Galaxy S10 series, Galaxy M series as well as the Galaxy A series in a very short span of time. The company is aggressively expanding its series of smartphones just to provide users with enough alternatives. These phones are designed with a reasonable price tag. Samsung Galaxy A30 is a mid-range device with decent specifications. In this guide, we’ll root Galaxy A30, unlock bootloader and install TWRP recovery.
This device is launched to give tough competition to its rivals like Redmi Note 7 Pro, Realme 3 Pro, and Vivo Z1 Pro.
- 1 Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A30:
- 1.0.1 Method 1: ADB & fastboot
- 126.96.36.199.1 Step 1: Download ADB drivers.
- 188.8.131.52.2 Step 3: Next download TWRP.img.
- 184.108.40.206.3 Step 5: Connect your Galaxy A30 to PC via USB cable.
- 220.127.116.11.4 Step 6: Go to C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder, hold the Shift button and right mouse click on an empty space. You’ll see many options from which select Open command window here option. This will launch the command prompt window.
- 18.104.22.168.5 Step 7: Type command in the cmd window and press enter:
- 22.214.171.124.6 Note: Re-install USB drivers from the Pre-requisites section if such a thing doesn’t happen,
- 126.96.36.199.7 Step 8: After that type the following command to boot your Galaxy A30 into fastboot mode.
- 188.8.131.52.8 Step 9: Type the following command to check whether fastboot is functional or not,
- 184.108.40.206.9 Note: Some random numbers along with the ‘List of devices attached’ message will verify that fast boot is functional.
- 220.127.116.11.10 Step 10: Let’s install TWRP recovery on Galaxy A30 now. For doing that, type the following command and press the enter key:
- 1.0.1 Method 1: ADB & fastboot
- 1.1 Method 2: Odin Tool
- 18.104.22.168.1 Step 1: At first Download Odin tool.
- 22.214.171.124.2 Step 3: Power off your Galaxy A30 completely until it vibrates.
- 126.96.36.199.3 Step 4: Now boot it into download mode (press and hold Power button+ Volume down key simultaneously) until the download mode appears.
- 188.8.131.52.4 Step 5: Keeping the phone in download mode, connect it to PC using a USB cable.
- 184.108.40.206.5 Step 6: And then Launch the downloaded Odin tool on your PC.
- 220.127.116.11.6 Note: Change USB cable or the USB port if you find any connection problems.
- 18.104.22.168.7 Note: Do not tick Nand Erase options.or Re-partition
- 22.214.171.124.8 Step 8: Click on the AP button and select the downloaded TWRP recovery.tar.md5 file.
- 126.96.36.199.9 Step 9: To start the TWRP installation process, simply click on the Start button present on the Odin tool.
- 1.2 Steps to Boot Galaxy A30 into TWRP recovery mode:
- 1.3 CONCLUSION:
Galaxy A30 specification:
Galaxy A30 has the following specification
- It includes 6.4 inches of Super AMOLED Infinity-U display with 1080 x 2340 pixels of resolution.
- It is powered by Exynos 7904 chipset. The GPU accompanying it is a Mali-G71 MP2.
- It is released in two variant:
- Galaxy A30 4GB RAM 64GB storage
- Galaxy A30 6GB RAM 128GB storage
- Galaxy A30 camera sports a dual-camera setup of 16 + 5 megapixel on the rear.
- It features a 16 megapixel of selfie shooter.
- If we talk about its battery backup, it sports a non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with fast charging support.
- It comes with the latest Android 9.0 Pie operating system.
Most importantly, there are definite chances of the Galaxy A30 Android Q update in the coming days.
Well, Do you want to Root Galaxy A30 or want to install custom ROM on Galaxy A30? If yes, then you must install a custom recovery first. In this guide, we’ll discuss two methods to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy A30. The first method requires ADB drivers whereas the second one requires the Odin flash tool. On the other hand, you can also use Android apps like Flashify or TWRP manager in order to flash TWRP recovery on your phone. However, these apps will not guarantee a successful installation. Are you ready to flash the latest official TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy A30 SM-A305F smartphone? Let’s come and proceed ahead?
We will not be held liable for any damage caused to your phone after following this guide. It is strongly recommended to proceed at your own risk.
- Kindly charge your device to at least 50% to avoid any interruption.
- In order to recognize your mobile when connected to PC, just install the latest Samsung USB drivers,
Download Samsung Galaxy A30 USB Drivers.
- Make sure Enable USB debugging in your mobile settings.
- Also, enable OEM to unlock from the Developer options.
- Backup your messages, call logs, notes, contacts, apps, etc for safety.
Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A30:
Method 1: ADB & fastboot
Step 1: Download ADB drivers.
Step 2: Install it on your PC.
Step 3: Next download TWRP.img.
Step 4: Transfer this twrp.img file to the location C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder
So you’ll have these files in the ADB and Fastboot folder:
Step 5: Connect your Galaxy A30 to PC via USB cable.
Step 7: Type command in the cmd window and press enter:
When you press enter, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with some random numbers. The message confirms that your Galaxy A30 is successfully connected to PC.
Note: Re-install USB drivers from the Pre-requisites section if such a thing doesn’t happen,
Step 8: After that type the following command to boot your Galaxy A30 into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 9: Type the following command to check whether fastboot is functional or not,
Note: Some random numbers along with the ‘List of devices attached’ message will verify that fast boot is functional.
Step 10: Let’s install TWRP recovery on Galaxy A30 now. For doing that, type the following command and press the enter key:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
This will start the TWRP recovery flashing process. You just need to calm down and wait until it finishes. Finally! This is how you can install TWRP recovery on the Galaxy A30 smartphone using ADB and fastboot commands.
Method 2: Odin Tool
Step 1: At first Download Odin tool.
Step 2: Then download TWRP recovery.
Step 3: Power off your Galaxy A30 completely until it vibrates.
Step 5: Keeping the phone in download mode, connect it to PC using a USB cable.
Step 6: And then Launch the downloaded Odin tool on your PC.
In Odin, the ID: COM section will turn blue. Also, an Added message will appear which confirms that your Galaxy A30 is successfully connected to PC.
Note: Change USB cable or the USB port if you find any connection problems.
Step 7: Tick the Auto Reboot and Factory Reset Time options
Note: Do not tick Nand Erase options.or Re-partition
Wait until the flashing completes. As soon as it finishes, the ID: COM section will turn green with a Pass message.
Note: If Odin fails, then close it, again boot your phone into download mode and repeat the complete procedure again.
Finally! You’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy A30 using Odin flash tool.
Steps to Boot Galaxy A30 into TWRP recovery mode:
Step 1: Simply Power off your Galaxy A30.
Note: If you are not able to reboot the phone into recovery, use the TWRP Manager app from Google Play Store.
I hope this tutorial helps you to download and install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy A30 SM-A305F smartphone. If you have any suggestions, query or issues related to this guide, then do inform us through the comments section below.
Till then Spread Love and Keep Smiling.