Do you want to downgrade Galaxy S6 edge to Marshmallow? are not happy with Nougat’s update on your Samsung Galaxy S6? Do you think like move back to Marshmallow that you were already familiar with? Or might be there are lots of errors for your taste and you like to move back to sanity. Or might be the Nougat firmware not enough and interfering with your work.
However, Downgrading your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge Nougat update to Marshmallow is quite similar to flashing firmware via Odin. After downgrading, you can install or download the Nougat update any time you like.
How To Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow using Mobile 7.0 Nougat
Take the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Marshmallow firmware from the link mentioned below to install the update on your device manually via Odin software on your computer.
- Galaxy S6 Marshmallow firmware (G920FXXS4DPI4, only for SM-G920F model, not for SM-G920I)
- Galaxy S6 Edge Marshmallow firmware (G925FXXS3DPF1, only for SM-G925F model, not for SM-G925I)
How to Install Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Marshmallow firmware
Initially, install or download Odin 3.12.3 .zip file and execute/open Odin3 v3.12.3.exe file from the unzip files on your computer.
Install the Marshmallow firmware for your mobile using the downloads section above, and extract the .zip file to get the .TAR.MD5 file.
Turn off OEM unlock on your phone:
- Head over to Settings » About phone » and click Build number 7 times to turn on Developer options.
- Return back to the main Settings page, move to the bottom and choose Developer options from there.
- At the bottom of Developer options, view for Enable OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and turn it on.
Then boot your device into Download Mode:
- Turn off your device.
- Hit and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for 10 seconds until you view a warning screen.
- Hit Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
When your device is enter in the download mode, attach it to the PC via USB cable. The Odin window on the computer should monitor the device and display an “Added!!” message.
Now tap on the AP tab on Odin window and choose the firmware file that we got in step 2 above.
└ Note: DON’T plays with any other choices on the Odin screen. Then you connect your mobile and choose the firmware file as mentioned above.
Tap the Start button on Odin and wait a while to complete the process. Once it has completed successfully, you’ll then view a pass message on the Odin screen.
However, your device will reboot automatically once Odin has done flashing. You can then disconnect your mobile devices.
└ It probably takes some time for the first boot after flashing the stock firmware.
That’s all. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware should be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
Here’s all about “Downgrade Galaxy S6 Edge To Marshmallow”. If you think that it is helpful then do let us know your suggestions in the comment section below. Do you know any other method that you think we can’t mention in this article? Comment us below and stay tuned with us!