Instagram has billions of active users and surely, there are also hundreds of issues faced via many of them. Instagram can’t really solve these problems personally and thus, we come in to save the day. These days, Instagram users are facing a ‘Try Again Later’ error that starts to happen after a major update in the app. Are you guys encountering a “Try again later” error on Instagram again and again as well? Well, we’ll show you how you can fix it. We will cover everything you have to know: why it happens, methods to fix this repetitive error, and also its prevention. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Try Again Later Error on Instagram. Let’s begin!
Instagram is always concerned about the safety of its users and then tries to avoid any anarchy in the platform. However, a large number of users have reported the ‘Try Again Later’ error that is really frustrating for them to deal along with. And that is why we have compiled all the possible ways in order to fix it. For users, the main problem is that it takes a lot of valuable time as well.
- 1 What does Try again later Error mean and why does it appear?
- 1.1 How long does the restriction last
- 1.2 How to Fix Try Again Later Error on Instagram
- 1.2.1 Restart your device
- 1.2.2 Log out and log in
- 1.2.3 Link your facebook account
- 1.2.4 Unlink apps that are linked to your Instagram account
- 1.2.5 Clear Instagram cache
- 1.2.6 Log in from a different device
- 1.2.7 Change your password
- 1.2.8 Tell Instagram about the issue
- 1.2.9 Try not to spam
- 1.2.10 Remove the link from your bio
- 1.3 Prevent Try again later Error in the future
- 1.4 Conclusion
What does Try again later Error mean and why does it appear?
The ‘Try Again Later’ error is triggered whenever your actions are deemed inappropriate to the Instagram police. In spite not clearing the air, Instagram does provide you a hint of what you may have done wrong in order to get the message. Such as following or unfollowing too many people in a really short period of time. You could also be flagged for commenting the same thing over and over or also for posting links that are also considered spam. At last, your profile could also come under the microscope for being reported via a lot of other Instagrammers.
If none of the issues seems to be applicable to you, then you could simply be a victim of the notorious action block bug on Instagram. Instagram has not really addressed the bug yet. That means it’s up to the users to figure out a solution.
How long does the restriction last
Instagram bans are most of the time not permanent. But, their duration is neither known to the public nor written in stone. So, even if two users are slapped along with the same type of ban, one might get out of jail a lot sooner than the other right. A ‘Try again later’ ban may last anywhere between a minute and many weeks. So, if it’s not resolving soon enough, then you should probably take the matter into your own hands.
How to Fix Try Again Later Error on Instagram
Restart your device
Yes, let’s now get this inevitable one off the list first. Access your smartphone’s power options and tap on the restart button.
Whenever it powers back up, head to Instagram and then try to post/comment or whatever you guys were doing whenever you first saw that ‘Try again later message.
Log out and log in
Something just as simple as logging out and logging back into your Instagram account might prompt the Insta police to back off. In order to log out of your account, first, head to your profile page and press the ‘Hamburger’ button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on ‘Settings.’
- At last, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on ‘Log out.’
- To log in, open the Instagram app and put down your username and password, and then press ‘Login.’ You could also use your Facebook account in order to log in to your Instagram profile.
Whenever Instagram notices unusually high activity from your end, and then it doesn’t think of you as a human gone rogue. It simply thinks of you as a bot — something that also has the potential of compromising the quality of life of many other Instagram users. In order to prove your humanity and make Instagram realize that you are indeed an authentic user. It’s just best if you link your personal Facebook account to Instagram.
- In order to link your Facebook account, first, head to your profile page and click on the hamburger menu at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, head to ‘Settings.’
- Then, go to ‘Account.’
- Then, click on ‘Sharing to other apps.’
- Click on ‘Facebook’ and authorize Instagram in order to use your Facebook credentials.
- Your Facebook profile would be linked successfully as well.
As you guys may have noticed, many applications accept logins through Google, Facebook, and Instagram. If you have guys ever logged into a third-party application or service via your Instagram account. Then the service/application would probably still be using it for many purposes. In order to stop that and revoke access, first, head to your profile and then tap on the ‘Hamburger’ menu button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, head to ‘Settings.’
- Now, click on ‘Security.’
- Then, head to ‘Apps and Websites.’
- If you have any extensions currently linked to your Instagram profile actually, then it will show up under the ‘Active’ tab.
- Click on ‘Active’ and remove them.
Clear Instagram cache
Well, clearing the cache of the Instagram solution will not only log you out of the application. However, also make sure you are not dragging a bunch of problematic files along with you.
- In order to clear the cache of the Instagram application, first, you have to locate the app on your home page of the app drawer and tap and hold the app icon. Now, click on the ‘info’ button at the top-right corner of the screen as well.
- Now, head to the ‘Storage’ option.
- At last, click on ‘Clear cache’ and ‘Clear data’ respectively.
- Relaunch Instagram, log in, and then see if the problem disappears.
Log in from a different device
Mostly Instagram might block the IP address or the device ID of a specific device. If that’s what has happened to you, a restart won’t really solve the problem. You guys have to use a different device — your PC, Such as — to access Instagram. Head to instagram.com in order to access Instagram from your web browser and log in along with your username and password in order to see if the issue has been resolved.
Also, you should also switch your network connection or also use a VPN to connect to delete the IP address block.
Change your password
Changing your Instagram password may also get rid of this issue, although we’re not exactly sure why. In order to change your Instagram password, first, then sign in to your Instagram account from a browser as well. After you guys have logged in successfully, head to your profile page via tapping on the icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen. Next, click on the gear icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now, head to ‘Change password.’
- Enter your old Instagram password, followed via your new Instagram password, twice. Click on ‘Change Password’ in order to request the change.
- With any luck, your password would change immediately as well. Now, just head back to the Instagram app and start via your Instagram profile as you normally do.
Tell Instagram about the issue
Although it might not feel just like a viable solution, we assure you that it is worth a shot. Whenever you get the ‘Try again later’ error message, then you’ll see two options: ‘Tell us’ and ‘Ok.’ Click on ‘Tell us’ in order to let Instagram know that a mistake has been committed from their end.
Just like that, you could go report an issue manually. Before you guys get to the reporting part, you must take a screenshot of the issue and then also attach the screenshot along with the report you’re sending.
- Whenever you’ve taken care of that, head to your profile page and tap on the hamburger menu at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on ‘Settings.’
- Head to ‘Help.’
- Next, click on ‘Report a problem.’
- Then, tap on ‘Report a problem’ again.
- Now explain the issue on the next page and click on ‘Gallery’ to upload the screenshot you had taken earlier.
- When you are satisfied with the report, tap on ‘Submit.’
- Instagram would hopefully reply to you along with a solution.
Try not to spam
Well, we are not only talking about posting spammy stuff here. You could be flagged via Instagram for simply liking too many things, following a lot of pages, unfollowing a bunch of pages consecutively, or for also posting the same comment on different pages or posts. Decreasing these things might do your reputation a lot of good and stop Instagram from showing those messages as well.
Instagram now permits you to add your website link to your profile bio. And while that may be excellent for your brand exposure, then Instagram might not be too kind towards unverified links. In order to remove the link from your bio, first, head to your profile page and click on ‘Edit profile.’
Now, remove the link that you had posted under ‘Website’ and click on the tick button.
Prevent Try again later Error in the future
Over the course of the article, we’ve also talked about potential solutions. Now, let’s take a look at keeping them from happening in the first place actually.
Do not be overactive
Yes, Instagram can also be an engaging place. However, it won’t help your cause if you like a bunch of posts or follow/unfollow random accounts in instant succession. However, you’re at it, refrain from commenting the same thing on different posts. That is classic spammy behavior in Instagram’s books as well.
At last, do not post spammy links — torrent, betting sites, and much more — on Instagram. Keep these things in mind and also those ‘Try again later’ messages would be a thing of the past as well. Avoid using third-party add-ons as well.
Avoid automation apps like Auto-liker
Seeing the ‘Followers’ number shoot up is each and every Instagrammer’s dream. Unfortunately, many shady developers are capitalizing on the desire of millions in order to maximize their gain. These websites or applications ask you in order to put down your Instagram login credentials. That allows increasing your followers count “for free.”
Surrendering your account details is also a strict no-no because it would give the developers complete access to your private profile. And if that wasn’t enough. Then Instagram might just flag account for unnatural activity and put it on hold.
Many services permit you to sign up using Instagram. And while that is a convenient solution, and it does put your original Instagram account at risk. So, unless the service that you’re logging in with is completely trusted, just do not use Instagram to sign up.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!