Most of the Google Chrome users must also have faced the ‘This site can’t be reached error‘. However, didn’t have any clue how you can fix it? Then do not worry we are at your disposal in order to fix this issue easily. The cause of this error is actually that the DNS lookup failed so the webpage is not really available. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix This Site can’t be Reached Chrome Issue. let’s start!
Whenever you guys try to open any website as well as a web page, you guys received the error and it says Error code:
This site can’t be reached www.quora.com’s server DNS address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
How to Fix This Site can’t be Reached Chrome Issue
Well, the server at any website can’t be found as the DNS lookup failed. DNS is actually the network service that translates a website’s name to its Internet address as well. This error is most of the time cause via having no connection to the Internet as well as a misconfigure network. It can also cause via an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall avoiding Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Whenever a DNS server can’t really convert a domain name to an IP address in a TCP/IP network. Then there is actually a DNS failure error. A DNS failure occurs due to the misconfiguration of the DNS address or due to the Windows DNS client is not working.
Change IPv4 DNS Address
- You have to right-click on the WiFi icon on the system tray and then tap on “Open Network and Sharing Center.”
- Now just tap on “Network and Sharing Center“.
- Next, click on your current connection in order to open Settings and then tap on Properties.
- Then just choose “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP)” and then tap on Properties.
- Just checkmark “Use the following DNS server addresses” as well
- Then type the following address in the Preferred DNS server and then Alternate DNS server:
Note: Rather than the Google DNS you can also use other Public DNS Servers.
- You have to checkmark “Validate settings upon exit” and then click OK and click Close.
- Now, this step must Fix This site can’t be reached error in Google Chrome.
Run Network Troubleshooter
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type ncpa.cpl and click on Enter in order to open Network Connections
- Now just right-click on your current active Wifi connection and choose Diagnose.
- Just let the Network Troubleshooter run and it will provide you the following error message: DHCP is not enabled for “Wireless Network Connection” as well.
- You need to tap on “Try these Repairs as an Administrator“ as well.
- Now on the next prompt, then tap on Apply this Fix.
Restart DNS client | This Site can’t be Reached
- Click on Windows Key + R and then type “services.msc” and click on enter to open the Services window.
- Now scroll down till you guys find “Network Store Interface Service” (tap on N to easily find it).
- Then right-click on Network Store Interface Service and then choose Restart.
- You have to follow the same step for the DNS client as well as the DHCP client in the services list.
- Then the DNS client will restart, head, and then check if you’re able to resolve the error or not.
- You need to right-click on Windows Button and choose “Command Prompt(Admin).”
- Then type the following command one by one and then click on Enter after each one:
1. ipconfig /release
2. ipconfig /all
3. ipconfig /flushdns
4. ipconfig /renew
- Just reboot to save changes.
Reset Chrome Browser
Note: You have to make sure you backup your Chrome data before proceeding.
- You need to open Chrome Settings then scroll down to the bottom and tap on Advanced.
- From the left-hand side tap on “Reset and clean up“.
- Now under the Reset and clean up the tab, tap on Restore settings to their original defaults. The below dialog box will then open up, when you guys are sure that you want to restore Chrome to its original settings, then tap on the Reset settings button.
Reinstall Chrome | This Site can’t be Reached
Note: Reinstalling Chrome will basically delete all your data so just make sure you backup your data such as Bookmarks, passwords, settings, as well.
- You need to click on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then click on Apps.
- Now from the left-hand menu, just choose Apps & features.
- Then you need to scroll down and find Google Chrome.
- Tap on Google Chrome and then tap on the Uninstall button.
- Now again click on the Uninstall button in order to confirm Chrome uninstallation.
- So when Chrome uninstallation completes, you need to reboot your PC in order to save changes.
- Then again download and then install the latest version of Google Chrome.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!