If you guys are facing the error message “This Plugin is Not Supported” in Google Chrome. Then this means the website, as well as the page you’re trying to load, also has some media content. Such as videos and the media fails to load which leads to the above error message. Many times this error can occur if the media on the webpage has a video format that is not supported via Chrome actually. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix This Plugin is Not Supported in Chrome. Let’s begin!
Google Chrome, Firefox, & also many other browsers no longer support NPAPI plug-ins. So if the website that you’re trying to visit uses the NPAPI plugins in order to show the video, the video will not load and you guys will see the error message “This Plugin is Not Supported”. From 2015, Google has also embraced HTML5 for Chrome browser and this is actually the reason why Chrome doesn’t support Active-X plugins, Java, or Silverlight as well.
So as a publisher I am pretty sure that there are a lot of websites that still don’t use HTML5. And there are a lot of of websites with media content that will need some kind of plugins in order to access the content. Anyway, without even wasting any time let’s see How to Fix This Plugin is Not Supported error in Chrome along with the help of the below-listed tutorial.
- 1 How to Fix This Plugin is Not Supported in Chrome
How to Fix This Plugin is Not Supported in Chrome
Enable and Update Flash Player in Chrome
- First of all, open Google Chrome than in the address bar navigate to the following:
- Then from the list find and tap on Flash.
- Now under Flash, make sure to turn on the toggle for Flash. Whenever the Flash is enabled, you will see the settings change to Ask first (recommended) as well.
- Close Google Chrome, then again open it and then visit the website which earlier gave the above error message.
- This time the webpage will probably load without even any issues but if you’re still stuck then you have to update the Flash Player to the latest version available.
- In Chrome, just navigate to the Adobe Flash Player website.
- Download the latest version of Flash Player and then install it to successfully fix the issue.
Update Google Chrome
In order to check if any update is available, just follow the below steps:
Note: It is advised to save all the important tabs before updating Chrome as well.
- First of all, open Google Chrome by searching for it using the search bar or via clicking at the chrome icon available at the taskbar or at the desktop.
- Tap on the three dots icon available at the top right corner.
- Now tap on the Help button from the menu that opens up.
- Then under the Help option, tap on About Google Chrome.
- If there are any updates available, then Chrome will start updating automatically.
- When the Updates are downloaded, you have to tap on the Relaunch button in order to finish updating Chrome.
- After you guys tap on Relaunch, Chrome will automatically close and will also install the updates.
When updates are installed, Chrome will again launch and you can try to open the website. That was earlier showing the “This Plugin is Not Supported” error in Chrome. However, this time you will be able to successfully open the website without even any errors.
Clear Browsing Data in Chrome | This Plugin is Not Supported
- You have to open Google Chrome and tap on Ctrl + H to open history.
- Next, just tap on Clear browsing data from the left panel.
- Now you have to decide the period for which you are deleting the history date. If you guys want to delete from the beginning you have to choose the option to delete browsing history from the beginning.
Note: You can also choose several other options such as Last hour, Last 24 hours, Last 7 days, as well.
- Also, just checkmark the following:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Then click Clear data to start deleting the browsing history and wait for it to finish.
- Close your browser and then restart your PC.
Add NoPlugin extension in Chrome
The NoPlugin extension permits you to play media content without even the plugins (Flash, Java, and ActiveX).
- Open Google Chrome then tap on this link to navigate in order to NoPlugin page.
- Tap on the “Add to Chrome” button next to the NoPlugin extension.
- When the plugin is successfully installed, and restart your browser.
- Again try to load the page which earlier was providing the error “This Plugin is Not Supported“.
Add the IE Tab Extension to Chrome
If the webpage you’re trying to access, loads without even any issues in Internet Explorer then this means that the media content is in the format that Chrome doesn’t really support (Java, ActiveX, Silverlight, etc). With the IE Tab Extension, you can also stimulate the IE environment in the Chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome then tap on this link in order to navigate to the IE Tab Extension page.
- Tap on the “Add to Chrome” button next to the IE Tab Extension.
- When the plugin is successfully installed, then restart your browser.
- Open the webpage which earlier wasn’t not even loading, then tap on the IE Tab icon from the toolbar.
- If you guys want to set the IE tab to always load the particular website, just right-tap on the IE Tab icon then choose Options.
- Scroll down to the bottom till you guys find the Auto URLs section, here just type the address of the website. That you guys want Chrome to automatically load whenever you visit it. Tap on Add and restart chrome in order to save changes.
FAQs | This Plugin is Not Supported
To fix This plug-in that is not supported error in Chrome, then try enabling Flash in Chrome or use the NoPlugin extension.
This plug-in is not supported error appears whenever you try to play multimedia content that needs Adobe Flash in Google Chrome.
Flash is replaced via HTML5 and many web browsers block Flash content via default. If you guys want to stop that, here’s what you have to do if Chrome replaces Flash along with HTML5.
To turn on Adobe Flash Player in Chrome, head to chrome://settings/content. Click on Flash and turn off Block sites from running Flash option.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!