Windows 10 is basically an advanced Operating System loaded along with a lot of features. But, many times you may also encounter some flaws and errors on your device. Well, one of such notorious problems that most of the users reported is ‘This app can’t run on your PC’. This error can also affect a wide range of Windows apps on your device. It occurred whenever Windows does not permit applications on your device to run. Just run this article to know all about How to Fix This app can’t run on your PC in Windows. Let’s start!
- 1 How to Fix This app can’t run on your PC in Windows
- 1.1 Activate App Sideloading feature
- 1.2 Create a New Administrator Account | This app can’t run
- 1.3 Create a copy of the .exe file of the apps that you are trying to open
- 1.4 Turn off SmartScreen
- 1.5 Update Windows Store
- 1.6 Turn off the Shell Integration of Daemon Tools | This app can’t run
- 1.7 Make sure that you have downloaded the right version of the app
- 1.8 Conclusion
How to Fix This app can’t run on your PC in Windows
Activate App Sideloading feature
Most of the time, this feature is enabled when we want to download Windows apps from other sources except for Windows Store. But, many users reported that their problem along with launching apps was solved with this method.
- You have to click on Windows Key + I to open the Settings app and tap on the Update & Security icon.
- Then from the left-hand menu, just tap on “For developers”.
- Now choose “Sideload apps” which is under the Use Developer Features section.
- If you guys selected Sideload apps or Developer mode then tap on Yes to continue.
- Then see if you’re able to Fix This app can’t run on your PC error, if not then just continue.
- Next, under the Use Developer Features section, you have to select “Developer mode“.
Now you guys may try opening apps and accessing your apps on your device. If the problem still persists, then you can go ahead and adopt the other method as well.
Create a New Administrator Account | This app can’t run
Some users also reported that they encounter this error more frequently on their devices. They encounter this error even whenever they try to open any Windows 10 applications. If this issue persists most of the time, then it could be a problem along with the user account. We have to create a fresh Administrator account.
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then click on Accounts.
- Now navigate to Accounts > Family & Other Users.
- Tap on Add someone else to this PC under the Other people section.
- Now here you have to choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information option.
- Just choose to Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Then type the name and password for the newly created admin account.
- You guys will notice your newly created account in the Other user’s section. Here you guys have to select the new account and tap on the Change account type button
- There you have to choose Administrator from the drop-down.
When you will switch the newly created account into an administrator account, hopefully, the ‘This app can’t run on your PC‘ error will be solved on your device as well. If with this admin account your problem is actually solved, then you just have to move all your personal files and folders to this account and use this account rather than the older one.
Create a copy of the .exe file of the apps that you are trying to open
If you guys are encountering a ‘This app can’t run on your PC‘ error frequently whenever opening a specific app on your device. Another workaround is now to create a copy of the .exe file of the specific app you want to open.
Choose the .exe file of the app that you want to launch and then copy that file and create a copy version. Now you guys can tap on the copy .exe file in order to open that app. You guys may be able to access that Windows App. If you still experience the problem, then you can opt for another solution.
Turn off SmartScreen
SmartScreen is basically a cloud-based anti-phishing and anti-malware component, that also helps protect users against attacks. In order to provide this feature, Microsoft basically collects information about your downloaded and installed programs. Whenever this is a recommended feature, in order to fix This app can’t run on your PC error as well. You will have to disable or turn off Windows SmartScreen filter in Windows 10 as well.
Update Windows Store
Another probable cause of this error is that your Windows Store is not updated. Many users reported that due to not updating their Windows Store, they encounter a ‘This app can’t run on your PC‘ error whenever launching a specific app on their device.
- Open the Windows Store app.
- Then, on the right side tap on the 3-dot menu & choose Download and updates.
- Now here you have to tap on the getting Updates button.
Hopefully, you will be able to solve this error along with this method.
Turn off the Shell Integration of Daemon Tools | This app can’t run
- You have to download Shell Extension Manager and launch the .exe file (ShellExView).
- Then here you have to search and find choose “DaemonShellExtDrive Class”, “DaemonShellExtImage Class”, and “Image Catalog”.
- When you have selected the entries, tap on the File section and select the “Disable Selected Items” option.
- So, hopefully, the problem would have been solved as well.
Make sure that you have downloaded the right version of the app
As we all know that there are two variants of Windows 10 – 32 bit and 64-bit versions. Most of the third-party apps basically developed for Windows 10 are dedicated to either one or many other versions. Thus, if you guys are seeing a ‘This app can’t run on your PC’ error on your device, you have to check if you have downloaded the right version of your program. If you guys are using a 32-bit operating system, you have to download the app with 32-bit version compatibility.
- Tap on Windows + S and then type system information.
- When the application is open, you have to select the system summary on the left panel and choose System Type on the right panel.
- Now you have to check specific applications are of the right version as per your system configuration.
Most of the time if you are launching the app in compatibility mode solves this problem.
- Now right-click on the application and choose Properties.
- Then navigate to the Compatibility tab under Properties.
- There you have to check the options of “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and also “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Now just apply the changes and see if you guys are able to Fix This app can’t run on your PC error on Windows 10.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!