There are plenty of Pokemon on the Pokemon Go shiny list because new ones are added to the game frequently, whether it’s as part of a big event or small update. Dedicated Pokemon Go players like to collect as many Pokemon Go shinies as possible so if you are looking for all of the existing ones in the game. Then you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to talk about The Pokemon Go Shiny List You should Know. Let’s begin!
Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go official? | pokemon go shiny list
Yes, they are! At least, for some Pokémon anyways. Not all Pokémon can be shiny, but most of them can. Read below, From Pokémon Go:
Trainers across the globe have reported sightings of golden Magikarp in the wild. These Shiny Magikarp are extremely rare, so pay close attention to the Magikarp you encounter when you are out exploring the world to make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to catch one!
What are Shiny Pokémon?
Just simply put, color variants.
A Shiny Pokémon (Japanese: 光るポケモン Shiny Pokémon), previously officially known as alternate coloration or rare coloration (Japanese: 色違い differently colored), and called Color Pokémon in Pokémon Stadium 2, is a particular Pokémon along with different coloration to what is usual for its species. It is one of the many differences that a Pokémon can have within its species.
The term “Shiny Pokémon” was first created by fans to refer to the sparkling sound effect and animation made at the start of an encounter with one in the games. Eventually, this term fell into official usage in Generation IV, used on promotional material promoting Shiny event Pokémon. The term Shiny Pokémon was first used in-game in Pokémon Black and also White in Nimbasa City.
There is actually only one color variant per Pokémon. Some variants are obvious such as Shiny Gyarados is red rather than blue. Others are more subtle, like Shiny Bulbasaur or Squirtle, that actually is the same color but slightly different shades. In the core games, every single Pokémon has a shiny variant, however, in Pokémon Go, shiny Pokémon are mostly released during Community Day or other special events.
Which Shiny Pokémon are available in Pokémon Go? | pokemon go shiny list
As of 2020, these are all of the Pokémon that can be shiny in Pokémon Go, then in order of Pokédex number:
- Bulbasaur (Variants: Shedinja, Party Hat)
- Venusaur (Variants: Clone)
- Charmander(Variants: Cubone, Party Hat)
- Charizard (Variants: Clone)
- Squirtle (Variants: Sunglasses, Yamask, Party Hat also)
- Wartortle (Variants: Sunglasses)
- Blastoise (Variants: Sunglasses, Clone)
- Rattata (Variants: Alolan)
- Raticate (Variants: Alolan, Party Hat)
- Pikachu (Variants: Ash Cap, Party Hat, Santa Hat, Witch Hat, Fragment Cap, Summer Hat, Detective Hat, Flower Crown, Straw Hat, Mimikyu, Snow Beanie)
- Raichu (Variants: Ash Cap, Party Hat, Santa Hat, Witch Hat, Fragment Cap, Summer Hat, Detective Hat, Flower Crown, Alolan, Snow Beanie)
- Sandshrew (Variants: Alolan)
- Sandslash (Variants: Alolan)
- Nidorino (Variants: Party Hat)
- Vulpix (Alolan only)
- Ninetails (Alolan only)
- Diglett (Variants: Alolan)
- Dugtrio (Variants: Alolan)
- Meowth (Variants: Alolan)
- Persian (Variants: Alolan)
- Geodude (Variants: Alolan)
- Graveler (Variants: Alolan)
- Golem (Variants: Alolan)
- Grimer (Variants: Alolan)
- Muk (Variants: Alolan)
- Gengar (Variants: Party Hat)
- Exeggutor (Alolan only)
- Marowak (Variants: Alolan)
- Weezing (Variants: Galarian)
- Mr. Mime
- Eevee (Variants: Flower Crown, Party Hat)
- Vaporeon (Variants: Flower Crown)
- Flareon (Variants: Flower Crown)
- Jolteon (Costumes: Flower Crown)
- Pichu (Variants: Ash Cap, Party Hat, Santa Hat, Witch Hat, Summer Style, Snow Beanie)
- Espeon (Variants: Flower Crown)
- Umbreon (Variants: Flower Crown)
- Wobuffet (Variants: Party Hat)
- Stantler (Variants: Jingle Bells)
- Wurmple (Variants: Party Hat)
- Spinda (Variants: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9)
- Castform (normal form only)
- Burmy (Variants: Plant, Sandy, Trash)
- Wormadam (Variants: Plant, Sandy, Trash)
- Mime Jr.
- Leafeon (Variants: Flower Crown)
- Glaceon (Variants: Flower Crown)
- Giratina (Variants: Origin, Altered)
Find a Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go
That’s over the million Pokémon question. Folks have been guessing since the introduction of Shiny Magikarp and those guesses have ranged from 1/512 to 1/4096. Even the experts over at The Silph Road have to admit that the Shiny Rate varies depending on the Pokémon, also the Events, and then some.
That having been said, that it’s still random, so you can get a Shiny right away, or it might take you twice or three times as long as someone else. That’s actually one of the most controversial design decisions in Pokémon Go: Unmitigated randomness for everything.
Hatch Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?
Yup. In most cases, the Shiny rate seems to be also similar as it is for wild encounters: 1/450.
Shiny babies, but, seem to be boosted to 1/50.
Pokémon show up on Nearby or Sightings? | pokemon go shiny list
No, sadly. Pokémon show up on Nearby or Sightings, but they actually look totally normal.
It’s only revealed as Shiny when you click on it and go to the catch screen. So, if you see a normal Magikarp or Pikachu on Nearby or Sightings, then do not discount it. When you click on it, it could be Shiny. And that list of possible Shiny Pokémon actually gets longer all the time, so make sure to Shiny check them all!
Pokémon Shiny for everybody
Nope. With Ditto, once a Pokémon is determined to be Ditto, then the servers make it Ditto for everyone. Along with Shiny, it is done on a player-by-player basis.
That actually means you and a friend can both catch the same Magikarp, yours could turn out to be Shiny, and theirs… not.
With one exception so far: For the July 2018 Community Day, Pokémon Go had Sunglasses Squirtle available via Field Research and, tasks that had a Shiny Sunglasses Squirtle were Shiny for everyone!
Show off Shiny Pokémon in Gyms?
You can, but with two caveats only:
- Shiny Legendaries still can’t go to Gyms.
- Shiny versions do not count as different Pokémon, so if there’s already a regular version in the Gym, then you can’t add your Shiny version.
Pokémon show in the Pokédex? | pokemon go shiny list
They do! Not as separate entries, though, but as a badge on the main entries, just like genders do. You will need to make sure that you are running the latest version of Pokémon Go, then:
- Click the Menu button (looks like a Poké Ball), button right.
- Then click Pokédex, top middle.
- Press on the Pokémon you want to check. (Only Magikarp and Gyarados for now.)
- Then look for the Shiny badge.
Obviously, the Shiny badge will only show up when you have caught a Shiny version of that Pokémon. So, if you do not see it, go catch one!
Do Pokémon have perfect stats?
Nope. Shiny Pokémon actually have the same stats (IV) as non-shiny variants. Which we can say, a range. You can catch a perfect Shiny Magikarp, however, you can also catch a not-so-great one.
They also have no special movesets or powers of any type. Apart from looking AWESOME on Gyms.
(If you evolve a Community Day Shiny during the event window and get the exclusive move, the Shiny will also have that move, however, still won’t be different than a regular version evolved at the same time.)
Totally. Shiny status, such as festive hat status, stays with a Pokémon during evolution. If you get a Shiny Magikarp and decide to hit the Evolution button, you will end up with a Shiny Gyarados. Same with Shiny Pichu or Shiny Pikachu. That’s how you get Shiny Raichu.
What if you catch a shiny Pokémon, can it turn into a Shiny Ditto? No. Magikarp was removed from the Ditto potentials shortly after Shiny Magikarp became available, and also the same has held true for other common Pokémon since. No one, not even Pokémon Go wanted to deal with that kind of pain as well.
Transfer Shiny Pokémon back to the professor?
You can transfer Shiny Pokémon, but Pokémon Go will treat them as though they are automatically favorited.
So, if you try to select a Shiny Pokémon as part of a bulk transfer, then you will be prevented from doing so. If you try to transfer a Shiny Pokémon separately, then you will get a warning.
Get Them All
First, you need to find as many Pokémon as you can. That means finding spawns or nests where those kinds of Pokémon are common. Then click, click away, and see if you encounter a Shiny.
As for eggs and babies, collect as many as you can. Walk as much as you actually can. And then hatch, hatch, hatch. So for the Raid Pokémon, the story is the same. Find the Raids, Beat the Raid Boss. I hope the one you get is Shiny.
And for field Research. Find the tasks that give you a Pokémon with a Shiny form, then work with your community in order to find the PokéStops giving away the right tasks, and then complete as many as you can.
Shiny Field Research Pokémon have a 0% flee rate, but that is for everything else, remember your basics:
Have a Look | pokemon go shiny list
- ABC. Always be curving. when you can nail Curve Ball every time, you will get a 1.7x bonus every time.
- Max out your medals. Some are easier to get than others but they consume no resources such as Great or Ultra Balls or Razz Berries, so when you get them, that 1.1x to 1.3x is automatically applied each time.
- Consistency counts. Aim for the smallest target you can nail every time. If that’s good, it’s nice. If that’s Great or Excellent, even nicer. But better the bonus you get then one you miss, and that extra 1.3 to 2x also does not take resources and can make a difference.
- Razz for real. Use Razz Berries whenever you need to. Unlike Great or Ultra Balls, you can’t miss with a Razz Berry, and its 1.5x bonus will last until you hit them. For the new Golden Razz Berries, it is now 2.5x!
- Bump them Balls. Use Great and also Ultra Balls to maximize your odds. You get an extra 1.5x for a Great Ball and 2x for an Ultra Ball so use them if you want to get those super rare or hard to catch Pokémon.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this pokemon go shiny list article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!