A series Samsung Galaxy is the middle tier smartphone of Samsung. As compared to the Samsung Galaxy S series the cost is almost half. Although, the specs and build quality difference is not much in both series. Still, if the S series smartphones come with an Aluminium body or premium glass, then the A-series will come with a plastic body. If S series smartphones have 3 or 4 cameras, then the A-series will have just one at the front and one at the back. Indeed, Samsung smartphones rarely get into problems. Still, if your phone’s firmware is corrupted, or you rooted your phone and now you want to unroot Galaxy A50. Dont worry! we are here to help you just follow these steps:
- 1 The Samsung Galaxy A50:
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A50 Features:
- 3 Available methods to install stock firmware on Samsung smartphones:
- 4 Install Stock firmware on Galaxy A50 via ODIN:
- 4.1 Step to Step guide on how to install stock firmware on Samsung Devices via ODIN:
- 4.2 Install Stock firmware on Galaxy A50 via Samsung Smart switch:
- 4.3 CONCLUSION:
The Samsung Galaxy A50:
Samsung Galaxy A50 released in March 2019 as it is the latest smartphone of the Galaxy A series. It comes with Samsung’s modified version of Android 9 Pie. From its looks and feel. You can’t say it is a middle-tier smartphone, as it has one camera on the front and three on the back. It takes amazing pictures using the trio-cameras combination on the back. Its display screen is 6.4″ inch which is quite elegant. It also has an on-screen finger-print scanner which is introduced recently on the Galaxy S10 series.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Features:
Galaxy A50 comes in four amazing colors. You can buy it with or without a contract from most of the famous service providers.
It has support for external storage via a microSD card. Moreover, you have a built-in storage of 128 or 64 GB.
The processing power is handled by the heavy-duty Exynos 9610. Along with that, it has 4 or 6 GB of RAM for processing.
When it comes to battery timing. It is featured with a 4000 mAh battery. That is good enough.
Considering all these features. It stands as one of the most good-looking and powerful phones out there with a small price tag. You can get it in 275€ on Amazon and you can get it in around 350€ from the official site of Samsung.
Available methods to install stock firmware on Samsung smartphones:
Two methods are available that can be used to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50:
- You can either install it via ODIN: As it is the old method and works for every Samsung smartphone but it is a little technical.
- The other method is via Smart switch. It is easy and done via software that is easy to operate.
A brief description of these two methods is given below. You can try with either one of them. Let’s start with ODIN in order to flash the stock firmware on Galaxy Alpha.
Install Stock firmware on Galaxy A50 via ODIN:
ODIN is the official tool by Samsung to flash the firmware on Samsung devices manually. It comes with some considerations that are needed to be dealt with. We will explain to you the whole process with full detail. So, if anyone who has never used it before gets an idea and understanding how to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50 using ODIN.
Before we proceed further, there are some pre-requisites that are to be installed or to be set up. I will discuss them below.
- The first thing you need is a computer with a Windows operating system. ODIN is not available on MAC and it is no support for OSX.
- And then install Samsung drivers for PC on your Computer. So your phone is recognized when you connect it with your PC. You can download and install it from the official Samsung website.
- Now, Download and Install ODIN on your computer.
- Lastly, find the appropriate firmware for your Galaxy A50. Open the website, enter your phone model. It will display all the firmware of your phone model.
To Find A Model Number:
If anyone doesn’t know the model of Galaxy A50. Then you just need to go to the Settings of your phone -> About Phone -> About Device. There you will see the model of your phone.
Branded Or Unbranded Firmware:
Another important thing you consider while figuring out the correct firmware for your Galaxy A50 is that if your phone is unbranded, then the firmware should also be unbranded. And if your phone is branded. You should find the same branded firmware with the same country for your phone. If your phone is unbranded, then you can install unbranded firmware of any country on your phone. But make sure the model number is the same.
If you don’t want to lose any data while you install stock firmware on Galaxy A50. Find exactly the same firmware that is already installed on your A50. Keep it in mind that the country and the firmware version should be the same. You will not lose any of the data present on your phone.
Step to Step guide on how to install stock firmware on Samsung Devices via ODIN:
Hopefully, you already have installed ODIN and Samsung drivers for mobile on your computer.
- At first turn off your Galaxy A50.
- Once it is turned off just enter into download mode.
- As the phone is off Press and Holds the Volume up and Power button.
- After that, the phone will turn on into the Recovery menu.
- In the recovery menu using the power button select “Reboot to bootloader”.
- Now turn on your PC. Open ODIN.
- Using the data cable connect your phone with your computer. In the logs of ODIN, you will see added.
- When the connection is successful. The ID: COM section on ODIN will change into blue. If the connection is not successful. Make sure your phone is properly connected to your computer and you have the proper driver for Samsung devices on your computer.
- Now, on the ODIN. You will see a number of tabs. Click on the CP tab and locate and select the CP file from the extracted firmware. Click on AP and select the file with AP in the name. Similarly, add BL file in the BL tab.
- If you want to factory reset while you install stock firmware on Galaxy A50. Select CSC file in the CSC file. Otherwise, load the HOME_CSC instead.
- Moreover, make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto-Reboot options are checked in the ODIN. If there is any other option checked. Uncheck it.
- Finally, when everything is ready, press the “Start” button. The whole process will take a few minutes. Once done, your phone will reboot.
It is important to know that this whole process is critical. If you try to disconnect or stop your phone while it is still going on. It will be critical for your phone and it might end up in hard brick. So, dont try to do such things even if the process takes some time. Let it be.
Install Stock firmware on Galaxy A50 via Samsung Smart switch:
The Smart Switch is a tool that can be downloaded from the official website of Samsung. it has a number of features i.e:
- Samsung Smart-Switch allows Samsung users to troubleshoot a number of problems.
- It also allows the users to make a full backup of their phone on their computers.
- The plus point of Smart switch is that it works on both Windows and OSX operating systems. You can use it on your MAC computer as well. Whereas, ODIN cannot be used on MAC.
how to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50 using the smart switch:
- First of all, download Smart-switch from its official website and install it on your PC.
- Now connect your Galaxy A50 to your computer.
- Open Smart-switch, it will recognize your Galaxy Alpha and show you all the details on the screen.
- You can also make a backup of all of your data using a Smart switch. Installing stock firmware will delete all the data present in the internal storage of your phone. But the data in the external storage will not be deleted.
- In order to install stock firmware, locate and select “Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization”
- Here, you will see an option of Software Update and Initialization.
- Now you will see the list of all the available firmware for your Galaxy A50.
- From the list of firmware, select the latest firmware, and follow the screen to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50.
- Once done, your phone will restart. If it was rooted, it will be unrooted. If you were not getting the OTA updates on your phone.
Furthermore, you will have regular OTA updates on your phone. All the software issues will be solved. Your Galaxy A50 will be flawless as new.
That’s it, on how to install stock firmware on Galaxy A50. If you have any questions, query or confusion regarding any of the methods above. Just write it in the comments or on our social media pages. I hope this guide helped you to fix the problems of your Galaxy Alpha phone.