HMD Global has started rolling out the September 2019 security patch based on stable Android 10 for Nokia 8.1. As we know that the company always pushing out the latest software updates for its current generation of smartphones very quickly. In this article, we come with great news for all the users of Nokia 8.1. The most recent update comes with the September security patch and also upgraded the software version. Given below, we share a detailed guide on how to download and install the September 2019 security update Android 10 for Nokia 8.1.
The Android 10 official stable update brings lots of new features, bug fixes, many improvements, and customizations. So after installing this latest update, you can get the experience and enjoy all the features on your own device officially. Nokia’s most recent update is available via OTA (over-the-air) for the Indian users currently, and it will take some time in reaching to all regions. If you have not received the stable Android 10 update yet and wish to upgrade your device as soon as possible then, still you can install it manually.
The stable Android 10 update brings the latest gesture navigation control method, dark theme, new Smart Reply, enhanced privacy controls, September 2019 security patch, and much more. The size of this firmware update is about 1.5 GB. Now proceed to download and install the September 2019 security patch based on stable Android 10 for Nokia 8.1.
The stable Android 10 OTA and instructions given in this guide are only working with the variants as mentioned earlier of the Nokia 8.1. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device first.
We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or mishap that occurred to the Nokia 8.1 during or after the installation of a stable Android 10 official OTA build. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure, take a proper backup of all your existing data and settings before proceeding to the ROM installation guide.
- Now download and install the correct USB Drivers for the Nokia 8.1 on the PC.
- Your device should be unrooted.
- The Nokia 8.1 must have a stock recovery installed.
- Verify that the battery level of your device should be charged at least about 80%.
Procedure To Install Nokia Online Service Tool:
- Download the Nokia Online Update Tool 6.1.2 .zip and Nokia OST LA 6.1.2.zip (patch file), then extract it to your computer.
- Next, Open the extracted folder ‘Nokia_OST_LA_6.1.2′ and double-click the ‘launcher.exe’ file.
- Now click the Next button to initiate the installation. When the Nokia OST tool is installed, click the Close button.
- Open the ‘Nokia_Online_Update_Tool_6.1.2′ folder that you extracted earlier and copy ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe.’
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA directory and paste it there.
- Now Click ‘Replace the file in the destination’ option when prompted.
- In the OST LA folder, delete the file named ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config.’
Done! You have successfully installed and patched the Nokia OST tool.
Procedure to Flash Stock Firmware On Nokia Devices Using Nokia OST Tool:
- First, open the folder where the Nokia Online Service tool is installed.
- Look for a file named ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe’ and double click on the same to run it.
- Once you open the Nokia Online Service tool, you will see the below screen:
- You will see several files after the extraction from which select, Flash_tool.exe, then click the Next button.
- Here you will need to choose the file location which you need to flash your Nokia device.
- Now Reboot the device into Download Mode.
- Select the firmware, and click the ‘Edit Phone Information’ button on the bottom right corner will become enabled.
- An error message will show up. Simply click, OK.
- The firmware flashing process would have begun by now. Besides, it might take a few minutes to finish. Moreover, this is standard behavior and nothing to worry about.
If your Nokia phone gives you some problems like boot loop, frequent device overheating, performance lag, or slow performance, then with the help of this tool you can fix these kinds of issues. If you wish to download and install the Nokia OST tool on your PC and flash the official stock firmware on the Nokia device then read our guide carefully and follow every step mention above.
And if you face any difficulty during installation then let us know in the comment section below! Till then keep smiling 🙂