One of the most irritating problems that most of us actually experience in our system is not really working the keyboard. Most of the time whenever the keyboard also becomes non-functional, we also get annoyed and frustrated. Most of the time, if you experience that Spacebar is not really working on your Windows 10 operating system. You don’t need to worry. There is nothing to worry about until you guys spill water on your keyboard as well as the damage it physically. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Spacebar Not Working on Windows 10.
Yes, you have to make sure that you guys do not get your keyboard physically damaged otherwise you need to replace it. If your keyboard is just physically fit, we can also help you in order to solve the spacebar not working on Windows 10 issue. We will also walk you through some of the methods via which you guys can easily get this problem solved.
- 1 How to Fix Spacebar Not Working on Windows 10
- 1.1 Start with turning sticky keys and filter keys
- 1.2 Update the Keyboard driver | Spacebar Not Working
- 1.3 Reinstall the previous version of the Keyboard driver
- 1.4 Reinstall the keyboard driver
- 1.5 Check for Windows Update
- 1.6 Repair Install Windows 10 | Spacebar Not Working
- 1.7 Scan your system for malware
- 1.8 Conclusion
How to Fix Spacebar Not Working on Windows 10
Start with turning sticky keys and filter keys
Ease of access is the feature built via Microsoft in order to make PC usage easier for the users. Sticky keys also help you to tap on one key rather than pressing multiple keys. In order to get one function done on your system. But, it has reported that turning sticky keys off resolve the spacebar not working problem as well. Hence, we are now also trying this method first.
- You have to navigate to Setting either via pressing Windows + I on your keyboard together or via typing settings on Windows search bar.
- Then you have to select Ease of Access option.
- Now from the left side window, you guys will see the Keyboard section. When you will tap on the keyboard section, then you will see sticky keys and also filter keys options.
- Also, make sure to turn off the toggle for Sticky keys and Filter keys as well.
If the problem still persists, then you have to choose the other method. Since we have always been saying this thing that there could be a lot of reasons behind this issue. Hence, there would be the right solution, therefore, you guys have to keep on trying the best method that finally serves your purpose.
Update the Keyboard driver | Spacebar Not Working
Updating the keyboard driver is also one of the best ways to resolve your spacebar not working issue.
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now just expand Keyboard and then right-click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and choose Update Driver.
- First of all, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and then wait for Windows to automatically install the latest driver.
- Now reboot your PC and see if you guys are able to fix the issue, if not then just continue.
- Again just head back to Device Manager and right-click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and then choose Update Driver.
- This time just choose “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Now on the next screen, just click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.“
- Choose the latest drivers from the list and then tap on Next.
- Just reboot your PC to save changes and then see if you are able to Fix Spacebar Not Working on Windows 10 issue.
Reinstall the previous version of the Keyboard driver
It could also be possible that the latest driver may be causing trouble for your keyboard. Thus, we can also try to reinstall the previous version keyboard driver in order to Fix Spacebar Not Working on Windows 10 issue as well.
- You have to open the Device Manager in your system. You have to tap on Windows + X wherein you have to select Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, you will see the Keyboard option. Just expand it and then select the keyboard attached to your system. Now right-click on the keyboard option and then choose Properties.
- Here you guys will see the Roll Back Driver option, tap on it.
If you guys do not even have the Roll Back Driver option, then you have to download the previous version of the driver from the web.
Reinstall the keyboard driver
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter in order to open the driver manager.
- Now just navigate to the keyboard section, and then right-click on the Keyboard and choose the Uninstall option.
- Just reboot your system and then Windows will automatically reinstall your keyboard drivers.
Hopefully, this method will also solve the problem. But, in case Windows does not start the installation of the keyboard driver, then you guys can download the driver from the keyboard manufacturer’s website.
Check for Windows Update
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then click on Update & Security.
- Now from the left-hand menu, just make sure to select Windows Update.
- Then tap on the “Check for updates” button and then download & install any pending updates.
If there is no malware, then you can resort to another method to fix Spacebar not working on Windows 10 problem
Repair Install Windows 10 | Spacebar Not Working
This method is basically the last resort because if nothing really works out. Then this method will surely repair all of your problems along with your PC. Repair Install just using an in-place upgrade in order to repair issues with the system without even deleting user data present on the system.
The above methods will surely help you guys to fix the problem as well. But, it is also highly recommended that you should check the physical damage to your laptop first. You can also connect your Keyboard to another system in order to check if it is working fine in another system or not. This is another way in order to find out where the problem lies.
Scan your system for malware
Don’t you guys think that sometimes malware causes a lot of problems in your system? Yes, hence, it is highly recommended in order to run a diagnostic tool for scanning your system for malware and viruses.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!