Well, nowadays, Snapchat has actually become an important medium in order to interact with friends. Through sending them selfies in unique filters that actually make a user look goofy as well as different. With more new updates coming up on the social media app, folks can not only chat as well as share stories. However, they can now create stickers that basically represent their personalities. These stickers are actually called Bitmojis. Apart from this, a lot of exciting features of this app such as Snap Map, 3D Bitmoji, games, and much more. Especially Snap Streaks, keep on intriguing global audiences effectively as well. Just read this article to know all about How to Make a Shortcut on Snapchat. Let’s begin!
Snap Streaks have become an obsession for a lot of social media lovers since it represents strong friendship and engagement. With the increasing number of chats as well as sent selfies, the streaks keep on increasing along with new emojis appearing on the side of the chat. Now, users can also create a Snapchat shortcut for their Snap Buddies, especially best friends. The only thing you and your friends need to have is actually a Bitmoji account that is linked to their Snapchat which is installed in their system as well. But, if you guys are wondering how you can get shortcuts on Snapchat, then do not worry, here is all you have to know:
How to Make a Shortcut on Snapchat
Snapchat has now finally introduced an option in order to create shortcuts within the app. If you guys remember the owl Snapchat widget, it actually works kinda similar. But, the widget was discontinued to the annoyance of many a user.
A recent update to the app has also brought along a new way in order to create shortcuts right within the app itself actually. You guys can now create a shortcut for your favorite contacts in order to speed up the process of sending out snaps as well. Snapchat shortcuts also let you group users that you snap more often than others and then just choose all of them to send a snap to simultaneously. You guys can also imagine how great this would be to help maintain those pesky Snapstreaks as well.
Well, Snapchat shortcuts, we can only create within the Snapchat app. The option also lets you create a group of users from your Friends list. So that you guys can easily send out snaps. You have to follow the guide below in order to create your first Snapchat shortcut.
Create the shortcut
The option in order to create a shortcut on Snapchat is surprisingly hidden actually.
- Just open the Snapchat app and then take a snap to send out using the camera.
- Now click on the blue ‘Send to’ button in order to reach the contacts page.
- Here click on ‘Send To…’ in the top panel. You guys will notice the new ‘Create shortcut button appear’. Tap on it to create a new shortcut.
Choose your emoji
The shortcut option on Snapchat basically lets you choose a custom emoji in order to represent your group. This emoji will act as the group name whenever you guys send out snaps.
- Press the ‘Choose emoji’ button at the top of the screen, and also add the emoji you would like to associate with the group.
- In order to help you identify your shortcuts easier, try selecting an emoji that basically reflects the users in the group. Such as, if you guys are creating a shortcut for your family, then you could add the family 👪 emoji.
Select your friends
- Now under the emoji, you will see a list of your friends on Snapchat. Here you can also select who you would like to add to this shortcut. The users will actually be grouped alphabetically in the shortcut.
- Click on the usernames to add them to the group. You guys will see a blue tick appear beside their name whenever you select them.
- Click on ‘Create Shortcut’ at the bottom when you are done.
How many people can be in a shortcut on Snapchat?
Well, there is no official statement on the limits of the new shortcut feature actually. But it seems that you can add up to 200 users to a single shortcut actually. No more than that and the app will not let you create the shortcut as well.
How can you send a snap using a Snapchat Shortcut?
The shortcut will only appear whenever you try to send out a snap on Snapchat. The shortcut will basically contain a list of users that you guys have grouped together to make it easier in order to send out snaps.
- To send a snap to a shortcut, just open the Snapchat app and tap on a photo using the camera. Now just click on the ‘Send to’ button in the bottom right corner.
- You guys will see the emojis associated along with your shortcuts at the top of the page as well. Tap the emoji to open the shortcut.
- To choose all the users in the list, just click on the ‘+ Select’ button in the top right.
- Now go ahead and then send out the snap as you guys normally would.
How to get shortcuts on Snapchat
Well, the new shortcut feature is being rolled out as an update to the app. Currently, it also seems to be available to only a small set of users as well. Actually, the update is only available on the alpha version of the app. In order to get the new shortcut feature, all you guys have to do is update your Snapchat app to the latest version. There is also no way to force the update, so just keep an eye on your app store actually.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device
Leave a Comment