Send WhatsApp Messages To yourself: There are lots of methods to share the files between PC and mobile. However, transferring one or two files, we prefer WhatsApp Web to share the data between PC and Mobile. For Whatsapp web, we use our friend’s contacts to share the data. It is efficient to use this method when you are in public PC. Despite connecting and syncing all your mobile data, you can share only one file. Many of us use some contacts to save funny memes and necessary files. When the data is confidential, you can’t share them with your friends or other contacts. In that case, the following method will help you. When you can send the WhatsApp messages to yourself, you don’t worry about your privacy.
Most people use Memo notes to store WhatsApp messages. Also, you don’t need third-party apps to save your messages. While using this method, you can also access those messages in WhatsApp web.
- 0.1 How to Share WhatsApp messages to Yourself (To My Number/Myself) on Android Mobiles and iOS?
- 0.2 Method 1: Using your saved Contact
- 0.3 Method 2: Creating Private WhatsApp group
- 0.4 Method 3: Using WhatsApp API to send messages to ourself
- 0.5 Method 4: Using a Third-Party App called “Click to chat” (Android Phones)
- 1 Where this Send to me, messages will be useful?
- 2 Conclusion:
There are many methods to share WhatsApp messages to yourself. I will elaborate on the widespread and natural ways. I am using those methods for taking print out using WhatsApp Web in Internet Cafe. It’ll be useful when you don’t have the Pendrive to copy your documents. You can also log out the WhatsApp web on your mobile. So, you don’t need to bother about somebody reading your messages. While moving WhatsApp messages from one mobile to another, consider using different processes.
Method 1: Using your saved Contact
This method is quite straightforward compared with all other ways. You can also use your number to send and receive the messages. Yes, you don’t want to create groups or to use third-party sites to send boomerang messages. Simply follow the steps below to share the messages from and to your number. When you need to download and save the WhatsApp status in one place, you can store them here.
- Firstly, save your phone number (own) i.e My number or another name.
- You can also see your saved contact in your contacts or phone app. But, you can’t search this contact in your WhatsApp because the number is linked with your own WhatsApp.
- But, there is a way to share the messages. Simply, go to your contacts and find for “My Number.” After getting the contact, click on the profile to get the linked profiles.
- You can also see the choices like the message to “+91..” with the WhatsApp icon. Click the option and share the test message. You have to set up this setting one time. Once you access your contact from the WhatsApp chats. You can only send the messages. It is like a message storage box.
- You can also use this contact on the WhatsApp web to share the data between PC and mobile.
Method 2: Creating Private WhatsApp group
You know how to create a group in WhatsApp. Using a similar way we create a group but only for us. Yes, It is like a private island where we save the messages, images, and videos in the group. Also, we’ve to add one contact initially. Later we can delete that contact and make the group only for us. You can’t use blocked contact numbers in the group.
- Firstly, open WhatsApp in your Android or iPhone.
- Now click on the “three-dot” icon to get the options menu. Choose the New group.
- Find the contacts and add one of your friend contacts. However, if your friend is restricted from the group invite, It will Ask “Invite the contact to the group?”. Choose “No.” Now, you are the only person in the newly created group.
- If your friend enables Public group invitations, It will automatically add the contact in your group. To remove the contact, click on the group name, then scroll down, and click on your friend’s contact and remove it. Now you can save your messages.
Method 3: Using WhatsApp API to send messages to ourself
Yes, WhatsApp has a separate API call to share the messages to our number from a link. Using this facility, we can also send messages to our number. We have to modify the API link to do this. Follow the steps below.
- Firstly, open wa.me/your phone number in your mobile browser. Your mobile should have WhatsApp installed.
- The phone number can’t contain any special characters but only with prefix country code. Example for India- https://wa.me/910000000000. Here “91” is country code. “0..” are phone numbers.
- Once you enter entering the number press enter, It will ask you to share the message to a specific phone number. Choose “Message.” It will open the WhatsApp with your current typed number. Also, you can send messages, including media files.
Method 4: Using a Third-Party App called “Click to chat” (Android Phones)
I know we do all these methods to maintain the security of our messages. But the question is how can a third-party app maintain that privacy? This app works on the WhatsApp API call. Also, this app doesn’t need any additional permissions. The app size is only KBs. So, you don’t need to worry about your data. This app also can be used to share WhatsApp messages to the numbers which are not present in our contact list.
- Firstly, download and Install Click to chat from Play Store. This app works as a shortcut. So, add this app shortcut to your Home screen.
- Then open the app and add your phone number. Choose the expand icon on the right side to open the message box. If you don’t want the message box, you can just add the number and open the WhatsApp.
- It will create a chat with a typed message. Just like the above methods, It is a one-time setup after this, you can also share messages to your self.
Where this Send to me, messages will be useful?
If you didn’t use some other methods, then I will explain some scenarios to make sense of this method in real-time. I will give only a few scenes. But, It will provide you with an overall idea about how you can use these methods.
- Internet Cafe: You want to print out your ID copy. You move to nearby Internet Cafe, Where there is no card reader but the USB cable is available. In that situation, you can just send the documents to your number and can take a print out using WhatsApp Web.
- Saving our Favourite Memes and Messages: You can also access all the images and videos in your mobile Gallery. But, you can’t see emoji messages in the Gallery. So, you can store them in your private message.
- Preview Messages: When you share pictures or video from another app, You can also preview the messages before sending to someone. For example, you are creating flowers with the emoji, after typing using third-party sites. However, when you send the message, due to alignment, then it may break the creation, and the receiver doesn’t know what creation you are sending. They will, then, you send the only a bunch of emojis. So, If we preview the messages, we can also align them perfectly.
Some problems have small solutions. When we required to share data between PC and mobile, We install PC suites or Sync third-party apps. However, When we want to move one or two files to our computer, you can use this method to share the WhatsApp message to yourself and share the data using the WhatsApp web. Well, I hope these methods will help you to reduce your works. All these methods are work within Whatsapp. So, you don’t need to worry about the WhatsApp ban problems. You can also use the same scenario when your mobile supports RCS messaging.
Here’s all about Send WhatsApp Messages To yourself. For further queries and questions let us know in the comments section below!