Zoom, as most of you must be aware is a video-telephonic software program, that has become the new ‘normal’ as the Corona-virus pandemic began all over the world. Organizations, schools & colleges, all kinds of professionals and a common man; everyone has used this app, at least once for a lot of reasons. Zoom rooms allow more than 1000 participants, along with a 30-hour time restriction, for paid accounts. But it also gives rooms for 100 members, along with a 40-minute time restriction, for free account holders as well. This is why it became so famous during ‘lockdown’. Just read this article to know all about How to See Everyone on Zoom – User Guide.
If you are an active user of the Zoom app, then you must understand how important it is just to know all the participants present in a Zoom room and comprehend who is actually saying what. Whenever there are only three or four members present in a meeting, things actually go smoothly since you can use Zoom’s focusing method.
However, what if there are a large number of folks present in a single Zoom room? In these cases, it would be really helpful to know ‘how you can see all participants in Zoom’. Since you guys would not need to switch between many thumbnails constantly, during the zoom call. It is a tire-some & frustrating process. Hence, knowing how to view all participants at once, would save you a lot of time and energy, whenever increasing your work efficiency.
Fortunately for all of us, Zoom gives an in-built feature called “Gallery view,” through which you guys can easily view all Zoom participants. It is really easy to enable it by switching your active speaker view along with “Gallery view”. In this guide, we will also explain everything you have to know about ‘Gallery view’ and the steps in order to enable it.
- 1 How to See Everyone on Zoom
- 1.1 How to Find Gallery View on my PC?
- 1.2 See Everyone on Zoom For Smartphone users
- 1.3 For desktop users | See Everyone on Zoom
- 1.4 What more you guys can do once you can view all the participants in a Zoom call?
- 1.5 FAQs
- 1.6 Conclusion
How to See Everyone on Zoom
Gallery view is a viewing feature in Zoom that permits users to view thumbnail displays of multiple participants in grids as well. The grid size relies completely on the number of participants in the Zoom room and also the device you are using for it. This grid in gallery view keeps updating itself through adding a new video feed whenever a participant joins in or via deleting it whenever someone leaves.
- Desktop Gallery View: For a standard modern desktop, Zoom permits the Gallery view to display more than 49 participants in a single grid. Whenever the number of participants exceeds this limit, then it automatically creates a new page in order to fit the remaining participants. You guys can easily switch between these pages via the “left and right arrow buttons” present on these pages. You can view more than 500 thumbnails.
- Smartphone Gallery View: For modern Android smartphones and iPhones, Zoom permits the Gallery view to show a maximum of 4 participants on a single screen.
- iPad Gallery View: If you guys are iPad users, you can view more than 9 participants at a time on a single screen.
How to Find Gallery View on my PC?
If you are stuck in “Active speaker” mode where Zoom only focuses on the participant who is also speaking and thinking why you are not seeing all the participants; we’ve got you covered actually. The only reason behind it is – you guys have not enabled the “Gallery view”.
However, if, even after enabling Gallery view, you are not able to view more than 49 members on a single screen. Then it implies that your device (PC/Mac) does not meet the minimum system requirements for this viewing feature of Zoom as well. The minimum requirements for your laptop as well as desktop PC in order to support “Gallery view” are:
- Intel i7 or equivalent CPU
- For a single monitor setup: Dual-core processor
- For a dual monitor setup: Quad-core processor
- Zoom client 4.1.x.0122 or later version, for Windows as well as Mac
See Everyone on Zoom For Smartphone users
The Zoom mobile app keeps the view to the “Active Speaker” mode actually. It can show a maximum of 4 participants per page, via the “Gallery view” feature.
- Open the Zoom app on your iOS as well as Android smartphone.
- Start or join a Zoom meeting then.
- Now, swipe left from the “Active speaker” mode in order to switch the view mode to “Gallery view.”
- If you want to, then swipe right to come back to “Active Speaker” mode.
Note: You cannot swipe left until you guys have up to 2 participants in the meeting.
For desktop users | See Everyone on Zoom
- First, open the Zoom desktop app for your PC or Mac and head to “Settings.” For this, tap on the “Gear” option present at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Whenever the “Settings” window appears, tap on “Video” in the left sidebar.
- There you’ll also find “Maximum participants displayed per screen in Gallery View”. Now under this option, just choose “49 Participants”.
Note: If this option is not available to you, then just check your minimum system requirements.
- Now, just close the “Settings”. “Start or Join” a new meeting in Zoom.
- When you have joined a Zoom meeting, go to the “Gallery view” option present at the top-right corner to see 49 participants per page as well.
If the number of participants is up to 49, you have to scroll the pages using the “left and right arrow buttons” in order to see all the participants in the meeting.
What more you guys can do once you can view all the participants in a Zoom call?
Hide Non-Video Participants
If a user has not enabled their video or has joined via telephone, you can also hide their thumbnail from the grid. This way you can also prevent the creation of multiple pages in Zoom meetings. To do this, just follow these simple steps:
- Turn on the “Gallery view” for the meeting. Head to the participant’s thumbnail who has turned their video-off and tap on the three-dots present at the top-right corner of the participant’s grid.
- Now after this, just choose “Hide Non-Video Participants.”
- If you want to show non-video participants again, then tap on the “View” button present at the top-right corner. After this, tap on the “Show Non-Video Participants.”
Customizing the Video Order
When you enable the Gallery view, Zoom also permits its users to click and drag videos to create an order. According to their preferences. It also proves to be the most useful whenever you are doing some activity in which sequence matters. When you reorder the grids corresponding to different participants. They will also remain in their places, until some change also occurs again.
- If a new user enters the meeting, then they will be added to the bottom-right space of the page.
- Also, if there are multiple pages present in the conference, Zoom will also add the new user to the last page.
- If a non-video member enables their video, they will also be treated as a new video feed grid. As well as added to the bottom-right spot of the last page.
Note: This ordering will be limited only to the user who basically reorders it.
If the host really wants to reflect the same order to all the participants. They have to enable following their “customized order” for all the participants.
- First of all, host or join a Zoom meeting.
- Tap and drag any of the member’s video feed to the ‘location’ you want. Just continue doing this until you see all participants, in the desired order.
Now, you can perform any of the following actions:
- Just follow the host’s video order: You guys can force all the meeting members to view your “custom video order” via enabling this option. The custom order also applies to the “Active speaker” view and “Gallery view” for desktop as well as mobile users.
- You have to release the customized video order: By enabling this feature. You can also release the customized order and then revert to “Zoom’s default order”.
How can I see everyone on Zoom when sharing my screen?
Head to the Settings and then click the “Share Screen” tab. Now, just tick the “side-by-side” mode. After doing so, Zoom will automatically show you the participants whenever you share your screen.
How can I see all participants in Zoom?
You guys can see video feeds of all the participants in the form of grids, via the “Gallery view” feature offered through Zoom. All you have to do is, just enable it.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How to Fix Cannot Send Photos on Facebook Messenger
Leave a Comment