Netflix is actually one of the most used video streaming platforms in the world. Everybody is actually aware of the term ‘Netflix and chill’. As Netflix offers thousands of movies, web series, as well as documentaries that you guys can binge-watch. There are times when you guys want to take a screenshot of your favorite scene from a movie as well as web series too. In order to make a funny meme as well as send it to a friend. But, when you guys try to take a screenshot. Then you actually are greeted via a blank screen as well as a prompt message that basically says couldn’t capture screenshots. Just read this article to know all about How Can You take a Screenshot on Netflix. Let’s start!
Netflix does not permit the users to take screenshots or even screen record the content to prevent content pirating. You may be looking for workarounds on how you can take a screenshot on Netflix. Then, in this situation, we actually have a guide that you can follow for easily taking screenshots on Netflix.
How Can You take a Screenshot on Netflix?
As you cannot capture screenshots on Netflix directly, you actually have to look for third-party apps in order to do the job for you. There are a lot of third-party apps out there that you guys can use if you don’t know how to capture screenshots on Netflix. We are now listing two of the best third-party apps for capturing screenshots on Netflix.
Is It Really Possible to Screenshot Netflix?
Netflix does not permit users to take screenshots. If you guys attempt to capture an image of a movie as well as show it. All you’ll get is a blank screen or also a “couldn’t capture screenshot” prompt message. You guys can’t really create screen records either.
As disappointing as this is, it’s actually difficult to argue against the reason behind it. Netflix does this in order to prevent the pirating of content on the platform. Without these restrictions, some unscrupulous users would actually seize the chance to create their own copies of copyrighted content actually. For eventual redistribution via many other platforms.
However, are there any workarounds, you guys may ask? The answer is yes. There are a lot of third-party tools that you can also use to screenshot Netflix. Some of these tools only work on particular devices. For this reason, we are now going to look at the steps you guys have to take to take screenshots on Netflix whenever using some of the most famous devices on the market.
If you guys use the Netflix platform on your desktop as well as laptop. Then you can also check out the following third-party apps to take screenshots on Netflix here.
Via Sandboxie on Desktop
If you guys don’t know how to take a screenshot on Netflix, then you can run Netflix in a sandbox. And in order to run Netflix in a sandbox, there is actually a perfect app for the job called Sandboxie. You can just follow these pretty simple steps to use the Sandboxie app:
- So, the first step is just to download and install the Sandboxie app on your system. You guys can download the app from here.
- Then after successfully downloading and installing the app on your system. now you have to run your Google browser in a sandbox. Right-tap on Google Chrome and click on ‘Run sandboxed.’
- Now, you will also see a yellow border around your Chrome browser. This yellow border basically indicates that you guys are running your browser in a sandbox.
- You have to open Netflix on your browser and navigate the movie or web series scene as well as part you want to screenshot.
- Then tap on outside the browser to make sure that the screen is not active before you even take a screenshot.
- Now, you can just use the in-built screenshot feature of your Windows system. You can also use the shortcut Windows key + PrtSc in order to capture the screenshot on Netflix.
This way, you can easily take as many screenshots as you guys really need. Sandboxie software can also come in handy whenever you want to take many screenshots from your favorite Netflix shows as well.
Via Fireshot on Desktop
Fireshot is also a really great screenshot tool that is available on the Chrome browser. You guys can follow these steps in order to use Fireshot.
- First of all, you guys have to open your Chrome browser and head to the Chrome web store.
- In the web store, type fireshot in the search bar in the top-left corner of the screen as well.
- You have to choose ‘Take Webpage Screenshots Entirely- Fireshot‘ from the search results and tap on Add to chrome.
- Now after successfully adding the extension to your browser, then you can pin the extension to view it next to the extension icon as well.
- Now just open Netflix on your browser and then play the movie as well as the series.
- Choose the part of the movie or series that you want to take a screenshot of and tap on the Fireshot extension. In our case, we are now taking a screenshot from the web series ‘Friends.’
- Tap on ‘Capture entire page,’ or you also have the option of using the shortcut Ctrl + shift + Y.
- The fireshot extension will then open a new window with the screenshot, where you guys can easily download the screenshot.
- At last, you can tap on ‘Save as image‘ in order to save the screenshot on your system.
That’s just it; you guys can effortlessly take screenshots of your favorite scenes from movies as well as web series. But, if you just don’t really like the Fireshot extension. Then you can also check out the next third-party software.
Using Screen Recorder app on Android Phone | Screenshot on Netflix
So, taking a screenshot on Netflix using your phone can be really tricky as Netflix will not permit you in order to take screenshots directly. You guys will have to use third-party apps in order to take screenshots. But, along with some apps, you guys will have to turn off your Wi-Fi. After navigating to the movie as well as the series scene you want to take a screenshot of. You guys may even have to switch to airplane mode before you guys even take a screenshot through a third-party app.
Thus, the best app that you guys can use is the ‘Screen recorder and video recorder- Xrecorder‘ app via InShot Inc. This app is really great as you can also even use it to screen record your favorite shows on Netflix. You have to follow these steps in order to use this app.
- First of all, you need to open the Google Play Store and then install the ‘Screen recorder and video recorder- Xrecorder‘ app via InShot Inc on your device.
- Now after installing the app, you guys will have to allow the app in order to run over other apps and give the necessary permissions.
- You have to open Netflix and navigate to the movie as well as the series scene you want to screenshot.
- Click on the camera icon on the screen.
- Then click on the Tool in the bag icon.
- Now tap on the check box next to the screenshot.
- At last, a new camera icon will pop up on your screen. Click on the new camera icon in order to capture the screenshot of the screen.
Plus, if you guys want to capture a screen recording. Then you just have to tap on the camera icon and then choose the recording option in order to start the screen recording.
How can I screenshot Netflix without even getting a black screen image?
If you guys want to screenshot Netflix shows without even getting a black screen image on your phone. Then you can always use a third-party app that is called the “Screen recorder and video recorder- Xrecorder‘ app via InShot Inc. Along with the help of this app, then you can not only take screenshots, however, also record Netflix shows. Furthermore, if you guys are using the Netflix platform on your desktop, then you can use the third-party apps mentioned in our guide as well.
Does Netflix allow screenshots?
Netflix does not really permit the users to take screenshots since it does not want other users to pirate or steal their content. However, in order to protect their content, Netflix does not let users take screenshots as well as even screen record any content.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then you can let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: An Error Occurred While Attempting to Read the Boot Configuration Data
Leave a Comment