Wireless charging (or Inductive Charging) is not a recent phenomenon actually. In fact, some electric toothbrushes have been using wireless charging since the early ’90s as well. Mobiles have had wireless charging capabilities because of 2012. But, it did not become famous until mobiles became capable of fast charging. Just read this article to know all about Samsung Wireless Charging Paused Error – Fix. Let’s start!
Now, we can just place our fast charging capable phone on a wireless charging station and also pick up a fully charged device in an hour. No hassle. Unless something goes wrong actually. Some Samsung devices (such as the Galaxy Note 5) tend to randomly pause along with the error “Wireless Charging Paused”. If you guys are seeing this error, here is what you can do:
Causes of the “Wireless Charging Paused” Error?
After you receive numerous reports from multiple users we decided to investigate the issue and devised a set of solutions that eradicated the problem for most of our users as well. Also, we looked into the reasons because of which this error was being triggered and listed them below.
- Faulty Charger: It is possible that the charger that you are using to charge the device is damage or it isn’t connect properly.
- System Cache: Cache is saved via applications to decrease loading times and provide a smoother experience to users. But, over time this cache can be corrupted which in turn can affect many features of the phone. Thus, it is possible that the corrupted cache is limiting the functionality of the phone and causing issues.
- Fast Wireless Charging Option: In many cases, if the Fast Wireless Charging option in the settings is disable, the Wireless Charging feature malfunctions and it does not continue to charge.
- Outdated Applications: If many applications have not been updated to the latest versions they might interfere along with important system features and avoid them from functioning properly. Hence, both the Galaxy Apps and the third-party apps have to be updated to the latest versions.
- Outdated Software: Many bugs and performance fixes are provided to users in software updates. It is possible the mobile phone acquire a bug that is interfering with important elements of the system and avoiding proper functionality. Thus, software updates have to be applied to minimize these types of problems.
Now that you guys have a basic understanding of the nature of the problem we will move on towards the solutions. Make sure to implement these solutions in the particular order in which they are provided to prevent any conflicts.
Samsung Wireless Charging Paused Error – Fix
As discussed, this is basically an error that pops up on Samsung Galaxy flagship phones from time to time actually. First-timers might immediately think that this is basically a hardware defect and might take it to a repair center. Honestly, you guys do not need to. In most of the cases, this is a software bug that you can easily fix at home as well.
Check If Fast Charging Is On
If, when you guys are charging your device and it does not fast charge. Then there are two things to check. Is fast-charging turned on? In order to check Open the Settings app and head to Advanced Features > Accessories > Fast Charging.
So let’s now take a look at the following things that might work for you. In order to get rid of this “Wireless charging paused”‘ error message:
If the above solution does not fix the wireless charging paused problem then the most likely culprit is basically a faulty cable. Many USB cables tend to malfunction to such a degree that they can also recharge just fine, however, cannot transfer data. These types of cables are going to create a bottleneck on your device and they will not fast charge as well.
Changing cables should restore fast charging actually. But, if you cannot immediately gain access to a new cable, simply turn off ‘Fast Charging’ and also it should still retain normal function. Just like that, connect to a PC and check if the cable works (the screen should say ‘Cable Charging’) as well.
Fast Charging Turns On But Pauses Immediately
Whenever you put your phone down on the wireless charging surface. It actually says “fast charging” but immediately says “fast charging paused”. This is also a common affliction along with multiple possible culprits.
The very first thing to check is for a faulty adapter. Plugin your phone and if it basically says “Cable Charging”. That means the wireless charger’s adapter is either not fast charging compatible, or is also malfunctioning. In either scenario, the only solution is actually to purchase a new one. You can also confirm this through using your phone’s own fast charger and that should resume normal charging as well.
If that fails, then try the options below.
Phone Stops Charging When The Screen Turns Off
If in case your phone stops charging when the screen locks, then you guys can stop your screen from turning off. Keep in mind, this will wear out your display real quickly. In order to do this, you guys will need access to developer options.
- Head to Settings > About Phone (scroll to the end) > Software Information > click on Build Number 7 times to activate Developer Options.
- When you go back to Settings, you guys will see ‘Developer Options’ under ‘About phone.
- Just enter Developer Options and switch them on. Heed the warning, do not go into anything you don’t understand as well.
- Here, you have to click on ‘Stay Awake’. This will keep your screen powered when it is charging. This should avoid the device from pausing in Wireless Mode.
- Note: If your phone is covered under warranty, then you should be able to claim for the faulty product (be it the phone or the charging station) actually.