Whenever operating Safari, you guys must have come across This Connection is Not Private error. This error may actually occur while browsing the internet or while watching a video on YouTube. Also going through a website, or just scrolling through Google Feed on Safari as well. Unfortunately, when this error appears, nothing seems to function properly. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Safari This Connection is Not Private. Let’s start!
Safari is actually one of the safest web browsers as it helps to encrypt websites and gives other security protocols in order to protect the data of its users. Since a lot of websites, as well as spam links on the internet, are intended to steal user data, Safari should be your preferred web browser on Apple devices actually. It basically blocks unsecured sites and also protects your data from being hacked. Safari actually protects you from the prying eyes of hackers and also deceptive websites from inflicting harm as well as damage to your device. During this blocking, it may also trigger the said error.
- 1 Why This Connection is Not Private Safari Error occurs?
- 2 Check Internet Connectivity
- 3 Set Correct Date and Time
- 4 Restart your Device
- 5 Delete Website Cache Data
- 6 Disable Third-party Apps | Safari This Connection is Not Private
- 7 Use Private Browsing Mode
- 8 Use Keychain Access (Only for Mac) | Safari This Connection is Not Private
- 9 Disable VPN
- 10 Conclusion
Why This Connection is Not Private Safari Error occurs?
- Non-adherence to HTTPS Protocol: Whenever you guys try to navigate a website that is not protected via the HTTPS protocol, you guys will encounter This Connection is Not Private error.
- Expired SSL certification: If a website SSL certificate is expired as well as if this certification has never been issued to this website, then one may encounter this error.
- Server Mismatch: A lot of time, this error may also occur as a result of a server mismatch. This reason may hold true if the website that you guys are trying to open is a trusted one.
- Outdated browser: If you have not updated your browser in a really long time, then it may also not be able to communicate properly along with the website SSL, which may result in this error.
Check Internet Connectivity
If your Wi-Fi is on, the network along with the best signal strength will choose automatically too. But, this won’t make sure that it is the right network. Only strong, secure, as well as viable connections should actually be utilized for browsing the internet via Safari. Open networks tend to contribute to Safari errors such as This Connection is Not Private error.
Set Correct Date and Time
Just make sure that the date and time on your Apple device are correct in order to prevent This Connection is Not Private error on Safari.
On an iOS device:
- Click on Settings and then, then choose General.
- From the list, you need to scroll to Date and Time and click on it.
- Now in this menu, then toggle on the Set Automatically.
- Tap on the Apple menu and head to System Preferences.
- Choose Date & Time.
- There, you need to check the box next to Set date and time automatically in order to fix This Connection is Not Private error.
Restart your Device
You guys can also do away with this error via simply, restarting your Apple device.
- Well, in the case of a MacBook, just tap on the Apple menu and select Restart.
- In the case of an iPhone or an iPad, you need to click and hold the power button to switch the device off. Then, just turn it on long-pressing it until the Apple logo appears.
- In addition to the above, just try restarting your Wi-Fi router. Or, reset it via tapping on the Reset button.
Just run an Online Speed Test in order to confirm if basic troubleshooting steps have worked or not.
Delete Website Cache Data
Whenever you scroll through websites, a lot of your preferences get stored in the memory of the PC in the form of cache data. If this data gets corrupt, then you might encounter an error. The only solution in order to get rid of this data is via deleting it.
For iOS users:
- First of all, just click on Settings and choose Safari.
- Then, just click on Clear History and Website Data.
For Mac users:
- Open the Safari browser and then select Preferences.
- Tap on Privacy and then just click on the Manage Website Data… as depicted below.
- Finally, tap on Remove All button in order to get rid of Browsing history.
- Tap on the Advanced tab in Preferences.
- Now just check the box titled Show Develop Menu option.
- Now, choose the Develop option from the Menu bar.
- At last, click on Empty Caches in order to delete cookies and clear the browsing history together.
Disable Third-party Apps | Safari This Connection is Not Private
Well, we highly recommend you to use only those applications that are sponsored via Apple on the App Store for iOS & macOS devices as well. Third-party applications like antivirus software can trigger this error, via mistake. They do this by overriding your normal network preferences. How can you fix a Connection that is not Private? Just, turn off or uninstall unverified third-party apps in order to fix it.
Use Private Browsing Mode
You guys can utilize the private browsing mode in order to view a website without encountering This Connection is Not Private error. You have to copy the URL address of the website and then just paste it into the Private Window on Safari. If the error no longer appears, you can also use the same URL in order to open it in Normal mode.
On an iOS device:
- Open the Safari app on your iPhone or iPad and then tap on the New Tab icon.
- Choose Private in order to browse in the Private window and click on Done.
On Mac OS device:
- You have to open the Safari web browser on your MacBook.
- Then tap on File and select New Private Window, as highlighted below.
Use Keychain Access (Only for Mac) | Safari This Connection is Not Private
If this error only occurs whenever launching the website on Mac. Then you guys can also utilize the Keychain Access application in order to fix it, as follows:
- First of all, just open Keychain Access from Mac Utilities Folder.
- Then find the Certificate and double-click on it.
- Next, just click on Trust > Always Trust. Navigate to the website again in order to check if the error has been resolved.
Note: Just delete the certificate, if this does not really work for you.
VPN or Virtual Private Network is utilized in order to access those websites which are prohibited as well as restricted in your region. In case, you guys are unable to use VPN on your device, then try to turn it off as it might be causing This Connection is Not Private Safari error. After disabling the VPN, you guys can now try opening the same website.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Also See: How To Fix The Firefox Going Black Issue