Install Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505): We’ve some great news for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) owners that the latest Resurrection Remix ROM is now available for the GT-I9505 devices.
This Resurrection Remix ROM is based on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop that comes with bug-fixes and performance optimizations as Samsung seems unlikely to release the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware for these handsets soon. This amazing custom ROM brings Quick-Smart to pull down, Dark Material theme, heads up notifications and awesome battery life. Resurrection Remix ROM is considered one of the best ROMS for Galaxy S4 i9505 due to brilliant stability and a lot of features.
The Resurrection Remix ROM is a mixture of CyanogenMod, Omni ROM, Slim ROM and original builds of Remix ROM. So if you have Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and want to experience the latest Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop then follow the given detailed guide. Keep in mind that this is a custom ROM that is not released by the Samsung officially and you’ll need to have a custom recovery such as CWM (ClockworkMod) to install the ROM and Gapps zipped files on your S4.
- 0.1 Note:
- 0.2 Warning:
- 0.3 Pre-Requirements:
- 0.4 Required Files:
- 1 Steps to Update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
Features Of The Latest Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (v5.4.5) ROM:
Before going ahead check out some of the highlighted features of the latest Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (v5.4.5) ROM:
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart Pulldown
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- ClockColor options
- Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Add changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all cm 12 features
This guide containing the Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix ROM and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (International variant). Check the model number of your device first by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
We will not responsible for any kind of damage or mishap that occurred to your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that you’ve taken proper backup of all your important data and settings on your device before proceeding to the installation of this custom ROM using a recommended custom recovery like ClockworkMod recovery. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that you’ve properly installed USB Drivers for the Galaxy S4 I9505 on the PC.
- Your Galaxy S4 should be rooted in the latest version of CWM recovery already installed.
- The Bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- Verify the battery level of your Galaxy S4, it should be charged at least about 80% before going ahead to the installation instructions to prevent unexpected shutdowns while the firmware installation.
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 I9505 to Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
Follow the given step by step guide to update Galaxy S4 with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
First, download Android 5.1.1 Resurrection custom ROM (Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.4.5-20150520-jfltexx.zip) for Galaxy S4 (I9505) on the desktop of the PC.
Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Transfer Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Unplug the Galaxy S4 (I9505) from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe Dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → to choose zip from sdcard.
Navigate to the Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S4 I9505 to Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or trouble while installing Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy S4.