AirPods have taken over the sound market such as a storm ever since its launch in 2016. Folks love to invest in these devices primarily, due to the influential parent company, Apple, and the high-quality audio experience. But, some technical issues might occur that can be easily resolved via resetting the device. Just read this article to know all about How to Reset Your Airpods Pro – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
How to Reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro
Resetting the AirPods helps in order to renew its basic functioning and to get rid of minor glitches. Not only does it make the audio quality better, however, also helps in restoring the device connected to normal. Hence, you must know how you can reset AirPods, as and when required.
Why Factory Reset AirPods?
In most of the cases, resetting is the easiest troubleshooting option for a plethora of AirPod-related issues, such as:
- AirPods won’t connect to iPhone: Many times, AirPods begin acting up whenever syncing with the device that they were previously connected to. This could be a result of a corrupt Bluetooth connection between the two devices as well. Resetting the AirPods helps refresh the connection and then also makes sure that the devices sync quickly and properly as well.
- AirPods not charging: There have been incidents whenever AirPods won’t charge, even after repeatedly connecting the case along with the cable. Resetting the device might help fix this issue as well.
- Quicker battery drain: Whenever you guys spend so much money buying a top-notch device. Then you expect it to function for a significant amount of time. However, many Apple users have complained of quick battery drainage.
AirPods or AirPods Pro
Hard reset or Factory reset helps in order to restore AirPods settings to default i.e. the way they were whenever you first bought them. Here’s how you can reset AirPods Pro in reference to your iPhone:
- Click on the Settings menu of your iOS device and then choose Bluetooth.
- There you guys will find a list of all the Bluetooth devices that are/were connected to your device.
- Click on the I icon (info) in front of the name of your AirPods e.g. AirPods Pro as well.
- Just choose to Forget This Device.
- Now tap on Confirm in order to disconnect the AirPods from the device.
- Now take both the earbuds and then put them firmly inside the wireless case as well.
- Close the lid and then wait for about 30 seconds before opening them again.
- Now, tap and hold the round Reset Button at the back of the wireless case for about 15 seconds as well.
- A flickering LED under the hood of the lid will flash amber and then, white as well. Whenever it stops flashing, then it means that the reset process is complete.
You guys can now connect your AirPods to your iOS device again and enjoy listening to high-quality music. Read below in order to know more!
How can you connect AirPods to your Bluetooth device after a Reset?
Your AirPods must be within range to be detected via your iOS or macOS device. Although, the range will differ from one BT version to the other just like discussed in the Apple Community forum.
With a macOS device
Here’s how you can connect AirPods to Bluetooth of your MacBook:
- When your AirPods have been reset, then bring them close to your MacBook.
- Then, just tap on the Apple icon > System Preferences, as shown.
- Next, just tap on the Turn Bluetooth Off option in order to disable it. Your MacBook will no longer be discoverable or connected to the AirPods.
- Just open the lid of the AirPods case.
- Now tap on the round Reset/Set up button on the back of the case until the LED flashes white.
- Whenever the name of your AirPods finally appears on the MacBook screen, just then tap on Connect.
Your AirPods will now be connected to your MacBook, and you guys can play your audio seamlessly.
With an iOS device
After the reset process is completed, you can then connect the AirPods to your iOS device as instructed:
- You have to bring the fully charged AirPods close to your iOS device.
- Now a Setup Animation will also appear, that will show you the image and model of your AirPods.
- Click on the Connect button for the AirPods to be paired again along with your iPhone.
How can I reset the Max?
If you guys want to reset the AirPods Max to factory settings and unpair them from your iCloud account as well. Then just do the same, however, wait for the LED in order to change from flashing amber to white.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a way to hard reset or factory reset AirPods?
Yes, AirPods can also be hard reset via pressing and holding the setup button at the back of the wireless case whenever keeping the lid open. When the light flashes from amber to white, then you can be certain that the AirPods have been reset as well.
How can I reset my Apple AirPods?
You guys can reset Apple AirPods easily via disconnecting them from the iOS/macOS device. And then tapping on the setup button, until the LED flashes white as well.
How can I reset my AirPods without even my phone?
AirPods don’t really need a phone to be reset. They only have to be disconnected from the phone to initiate the resetting process. When disconnected, the round setup button at the back of the case is just to be pressed until the LED under the hood flashes from amber to white. When this is done, the AirPods would be reset as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this “Reset Your Airpods Pro” article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!