Games that actually have support for controllers do not need any setup. You can also connect a controller to your PC, and the game will also detect it automatically. Most games played on Windows 10 are preconfigured in order to work with an Xbox controller. The controls will already be mapped, and you guys can access the game’s settings in order to see which button or joystick does what. Just read this article to know all about How to Remap Gamepad Buttons in Windows 10. Let’s begin!
How to Remap Gamepad Buttons in Windows 10
Well, most modern PC games have controller support, some of them also offer better gameplay if you guys use a keyboard. The controller’s default configuration may also not work intuitively in the game. In order to work around this, you guys can map a controller to keyboard keys as well.
We are now going to describe two methods in order to map a controller to keyboard keys. The first method is via Steam and will only work for Steam games. The second method will also permit you to map controller keys for any and all games too.
Note: While we used an Xbox controller in this post, you guys will be able to use these same tools in order to map a PS4 controller to keyboard keys.
You have to make sure you have the Steam app installed on your Windows 10 system.
- First of all, just open Steam and go to Steam>Settings.
- Choose the Controller tab.
- Tap on the Guide button chord configuration.
- A new window will then open with a controller. Choose the various groups of controls that you want to map.
- Tap a button, and from the on-screen keyboard that appears, then click on the key you want to map it to. Repeat for all the controls you guys want to remap.
- Now save the configuration and give it a name that tells you that which game it is for. It’s a good idea in order to save it locally.
- To apply the configuration, you have to open Steam.
- Head to Steam>Settings>Controller.
- You have to tap on the Guide Button Chord Configuration.
- Tap on Browser Configuration.
- Head to Personal.
- Choose the configuration you saved.
- Tap on Apply Configuration.
While Steam lets the users map a controller to keyboard keys, and it’s a bit confusing in order to use it with multiple controller types and configurations. AntiMicro is a much better tool to use as well.
- You have to download and install AntiMicro from Github.
- Just connect your controller to your system and open AntiMicro.
- Tap on a button or move a joystick on the controller. It will also be highlighted on the app’s interface.
- Press the highlighted button on the app’s interface.
- Choose a mouse or keyboard control in order to assign to it.
- Now repeat for all controls.
- Just save the profile.
- Minimize AntiMicro to the system tray, and also play your game.
Well, That all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!