PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), one of the most hyped games of the year, is definitely everyone’s favorite. An online royale game that basically demands players in order to eliminate other players through saving themselves on an unknown island. As the game proceeds, space becomes tighter, and along with the clock ticking – the game just gets tougher and tougher actually. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix PUBG freezes in computer. Let’s begin!
There is also no doubt that kids, adults, men, women – everyone is also a fan of it. Working fine for a long time, PUBG is now showing up crashes that actually are causing players to lose the game. Keep reading to know about the crash and how you can fix it in no time. Users are also facing errors whenever playing PUBG on PC like:
- An error occurred whenever updating PLAYERUNKOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS (unknown error): invalid launch option
- BattlEye: Query Timeout” issue”, “bad_module_info
- Battleye: corrupted Data – please perform a clean game reinstall 4.9.6 – ABCBF9
- Blocked loading of file:C:\ProgramFiles\SmartTechnology\Software\ProfilerU.exe
- 1 Why does PUBG keep crashing
- 2 How to Fix PUBG Freezes in Computer
- 2.1 Update the PUBG Game
- 2.2 Turn off Overclocking | PUBG freezes in computer
- 2.3 Run Security Center & Windows Management Instrumentation Services
- 2.4 Run Steam & PUBG with Admin Privileges
- 2.5 Limit the number of Cores involved
- 2.6 Temporary turn off Antivirus Software | PUBG freezes in computer
- 2.7 Update Graphics Drivers | PUBG freezes in computer
- 2.8 Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- 2.9 Conclusion
Why does PUBG keep crashing
PUBG is a really amazing game but users are facing a lot of problems whenever playing PUBG on PC such as crashing, loading, matchmaking, freezing, etc issues. Many times PUBG crashes randomly while playing the game that is the most irritating problem. The cause behind the issue can also be different for different users since each user also has a different computer configuration. However, there are certain causes that are known in order to cause the PUBG game to crash. Such as corrupted or outdated Graphics driver, Overclocking, also Windows is not up to date, corrupted Visual C++ Redistributable package, few services are disabled which are required for running PUBG on PC, also Antivirus might be interfering with the game, as well.
PUBG runs via the Internet, so poor connection, network lag, connectivity issues can also cause the Internet problem. Disruption in Internet connection can also cause the PUBG in order to crash from time to time. So, in order to play the PUBG smoothly, you guys should switch to a wired connection such as Ethernet.
How to Fix PUBG Freezes in Computer
Below are given different methods in order to fix PUBG crashes on PC. You don’t have to try all the methods, just try the methods one by one until you guys find the solution that works for you.
Update the PUBG Game
The first thing that you should try in order to fix the PUBG Crashing issue on your Windows PC is just to update the PUBG. Now, Bluehole which is actually the company behind the famous game, PUBG rolls out a lot of patches each and every month. Not only does installing these latest patches keep your game up to date. However, it also solves a lot of issues such as the one a lot of people are following these days, the Pubg Crash.
Updating your Pubg game is a really easy and straightforward task. All you have to do is simply head to the Settings and tap on Check for Updates button. If you guys find an available update, then download and install the same on your Windows PC. If the problem still persists, then you can always try the next method in order to fix the PUBG Crash Issue.
Turn off Overclocking | PUBG freezes in computer
Overclocking basically means setting a higher clock rate in order to increase the performance of your PC. Now clock speed is actually the speed at which the machine (CPU or GPU) can also process data. In simple words, overlocking is the process with which CPUs or GPUs are run beyond their specifications for increased performance as well.
Although, overclocking seems good, however, most of the time it causes the system to become unstable. And that can actually be one of the major causes for PUBG crashing in the middle of the game. So it is recommended that you turn off overclocking of your hardware to fix the PUBG crashing issue.
Run Security Center & Windows Management Instrumentation Services
PUBG developers also have confirmed that the Security Center & Windows Management Instrumentation Services have to be running in order to play PUBG on PC. If there is any problem along with these services or they are not running then you guys will face the PUBG crashing issue.
In order to check if these services are running or not follow the below steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + R then types services. msc and click Enter.
- Now just scroll down and find the Security Center service.
- Right-tap on the Security Center and choose Properties.
- The Security Center Properties window will now open up. Just make sure the process is running via checking the Service status. If not then you can set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Now again head back to the Services window and then look for Windows Management Instrumentation service.
- Just right-click on Windows Management Instrumentation and choose Properties.
- You have to make sure that the Startup type is all set to Automatic and also Start the service if it is not running already.
- Tao on OK to save the changes.
After completing the above steps, you guys may be able to play PUBG on the PC without even the crashing issue.
Run Steam & PUBG with Admin Privileges
If you guys are facing frequent PUBG crashes then you have to run Steam and PUBG along with administrative rights:
- You have to navigate to the following path in the address bar of the File Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
- When inside the Steam folder, right-click on Steam.exe and choose “Run as Administrator“.
- First, navigate to the below path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlegrounds\TslGame\Binaries\Win64
- Now under the Win64 folder, right-click on TslGame.exe and choose Run as Administrator.
Now after completing the above steps, the permissions for the PUBG will change and now you guys will not face any problem playing PUBG.
Limit the number of Cores involved
Games mostly use more than one core whenever running that in turn sometimes can also cause the games to crash. So before doing anything, just make sure the PUBG is running in Windowed mode. So that you guys can simultaneously use task manager in order to limit the number of cores involved.
To make sure PUBG is running in Windowed mode, you have to follow the below steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type taskmgr and hit Enter.
- The above command will now open the Task Manager window.
- You can switch to the Details tab from the Task Manager menu and open PUBG.
- Now you guys have to act quickly since you have a really small window between the process being displayed in the Task Manager and also the game launching. You have to right-click on the PUBG process and choose “Set affinity“.
- Now in the Processor affinity window, just uncheck “All Processors“. Then you can checkmark the box next to CPU 0.
- When finished, then tap on the OK button to save changes. This will basically force the game in order to start along with only one processor.
Temporary turn off Antivirus Software | PUBG freezes in computer
PUBG crashing issues can also arise because of Antivirus software interfering along with the Game. So with temporarily disabling your Antivirus Software, you guys can check if this is the case here.
- You have to open Settings via searching for it using the search bar or tap on Windows Key + I.
- Now just tap on Update & Security.
- Tap on the Windows Security option from the left panel and then click on the “Open Windows Security” as well as the “Open Windows Defender Security Center” button.
- Now you can nder the Real-time protection, just set the toggle button to off.
- Restart your computer in order to save changes.
After completing the above steps, then Windows Defender will be disabled. Now check if you’re able to, you have to check if you are able to Fix PUBG Crashes on the Computer issue.
If you guys have third-party Antivirus software then you guys can disable it via the following steps:
- Right-tap on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray and choose Disable.
- Next, choose the time frame for which the Antivirus will remain disabled.
Note: Select the smallest amount of time possible such as 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
- When you do that, again try to play PUBG and this time the game won’t crash.
Update Graphics Drivers | PUBG freezes in computer
Automatically Update Graphics Drivers from Manufacturer Website
- Tap on Windows Key + R and in the dialog box, just type “dxdiag” and hit enter.
- Now after that search for the display tab (there will be two display tabs one for the integrated graphics card and also another one will be dedicated such as Nvidia). Tap on the Display tab and find out more information about your dedicated Graphics card as well.
- Now head to the Nvidia driver download website and then enter the product details that we just find out.
- You can search your drivers after inputting the information, just tap on Agree and download the drivers.
- Now after successful download, install the driver and you have successfully updated your Nvidia drivers manually as well.
Manually Update Graphics Drivers using Device Manager
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on enter to open Device Manager.
- Then, expand Display adapters and right-click on your Graphics Card, and choose Enable.
- When you have done this again right-tap on your graphics card and choose “Update Driver“.
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and also let it finish the process.
- Also, if the above steps were helpful in fixing the issue then really good, if not then continue.
- Again right-tap on your graphics card and choose “Update Driver”, however, this time on the next screen choose “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- You have to select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- At last, select the latest driver from the list and tap on Next.
- Just let the above process finish and restart your PC in order to save changes.
You can follow the same steps for the integrated graphics card (that is Intel in this case) in order to update its drivers. Just see if you’re able to Fix PUBG Crashes on Computer, if not then continue along with the next step.
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
In this method, we are reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on our Windows PC. Here are the steps which you have to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you have to visit this link on your browser.
- Now, tap on the download button to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
- Choose the architecture of your Windows PC in order to start the download.
- When downloading, then just run the vc_redist.x64.exe or vc_redist.x32.exe file on your PC.
- Now, tap on the Install button and now wait for the installation process in order to get completed.
- When you do that, restart your Windows PC and also check if the PUBG Crash Error is fixed.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this “PUBG freezes in computer” article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!