While playing video on the web browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer as well). You guys may face an error message saying “If playback doesn’t begin shortly try restarting your device”. Then don’t worry as today we are going to see how you guys can fix this issue. The main issue due to which this error is caused is the new HTML5 video player. That YouTube or other modern website uses as well as the issue can be simply the hardware acceleration in web browsers as well. Just read this article to talk about How to Fix If Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly. Let’s start!
So you have to disable hardware acceleration as well as install HTML5 player add-ons. In order to fix this issue. Also, you could try to update Graphic card drivers as well as completely uninstall them in order to troubleshoot the issue. So without wasting any time let’s see how you can Fix If playback doesn’t begin shortly try restarting your device along with the help of the below guide.
- 1 How to Fix If Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly
- 1.1 Update Graphics driver
- 1.2 Uninstall Graphics Drivers
- 1.3 Disable Hardware Acceleration | Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly
- 1.4 Install HTML5 player add-ons | Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly
- 1.5 Conclusion
How to Fix If Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly
Update Graphics driver
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and click on enter in order to open Device Manager.
- Next, just expand Display adapters and right-tap on your Nvidia Graphic Card, and choose Enable.
- When you have done this again, then right-click on your graphic card and choose “Update Driver Software.”
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and just let it finish the process as well.
- Now choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- At last, select the compatible driver from the list for your Nvidia Graphic Card and tap on Next.
- Now let the above process finish and restart your PC in order to save changes. After updating the Graphic card you may be able to Fix If playback doesn’t begin shortly try restarting your device error as well.
Uninstall Graphics Drivers
- Just right-click on your NVIDIA graphic card that is under device manager and then choose Uninstall.
- If asked for confirmation, then choose Yes.
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type control and click on Enter.
- From Control Panel, you have to tap on Uninstall a Program.
- Next, just uninstall everything related to Nvidia.
- Now reboot your system to save changes and then again download the setup from the manufacturer’s website.
- Whenever you are sure that you guys have removed everything, then try installing the drivers again.
Disable Hardware Acceleration | Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly
Disable hardware acceleration in Firefox
- You guys have to open Firefox and then type “about:preferences” (without quotes) in the address bar and click on Enter.
- Then scroll down to Performance and then uncheck “Use recommended performance settings”
- Now Under Performance uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available“.
- Just close Firefox and then just reboot your PC.
Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome
- First, open Google Chrome and then tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and choose Settings.
- Now, just scroll down till you find Advanced (which would be probably located at the bottom), and then just click on it.
- Now scroll down till you guys find System settings and then just make sure to disable the toggle or turn off the option “Use hardware acceleration when available.”
- Just restart Chrome and this should help you guys Fix If playback doesn’t begin shortly try restarting your device error.
Turn off hardware acceleration in Internet Explorer
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type inetcpl.cpl and click on enter in order to open Internet Properties.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and then just tick mark the option “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.”
- Tap on Apply followed by OK, then this would disable Hardware acceleration.
- Again just re-launch your IE and see if you guys are able to fix the issue as well.
Install HTML5 player add-ons | Playback Doesn’t Begin Shortly
If the issue is now still not resolved then you can make sure that the problem is caused via the new HTML5 video player. In order to fix the issue, you guys have to install HTML5 player add-ons to your web browser.
For Mozilla Firefox download and then install the HTML5 player add-ons.
For Google Chrome there are also add-ons try them both and see which one works for you:
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article as well as have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.