In the current scenario, we don’t really know what lies ahead and what the “new normal” would be. Because the Covid-19 pandemic, physical proximity also has gone out the window. In order to stay in touch along with our loved ones, we had to switch to a virtual presence online. Make it remote work, distance education, or social relations, video apps such as Zoom and Google Meet came to the rescue. Just read this article to know all about How to Play Bingo on Zoom with Friends. Let’s begin!
Zoom quickly became my favorite because of its interactive, user-friendly interface. It also has become the go-to platform for formal as well as an informal form of communication as well. Interacting, enjoying tea parties, and playing games online, along with friends & family, is how most of us adapted ourselves to the situation as well. Playing games is a really fantastic activity in order to help us deal along with the isolation & boredom that ‘lockdown’ brought upon us.
Many video apps give games to play for your enjoyment, however, Zoom does not have such a feature. Although, if you guys are creative enough, you can still play a lot of games over Zoom, and Bingo is one of them. From kids to grandmas, everyone loves playing it right. The luck factor involved makes it all the more exciting as well. Through this perfect guide, we will also tell you how you can play bingo on Zoom and keep yourself & many others entertained.
How to Play Bingo on Zoom
Things you have to play Bingo on Zoom Online
- Zoom PC app: The most evident thing that you need is a Zoom PC app along with an active account, to play Bingo on it.
- A printer (optional): It would be really convenient to have a printer at home. But, if you do not have a printer, then you can screenshot your card and upload it to any photo editor application. After uploading the photo, you can also mark out the numbers on the card, via the drawing tool.
Play Bingo on Zoom – For Adults
a) You have to create an “account” on the Zoom PC app, if you do not already have one.
b) Just start a new Zoom meeting & invite everyone you guys want to play with.
Note: If you are not hosting the Zoom meeting, you just need a unique ID to join an existing Zoom meeting.
c) When all the members of the game have joined in, start setting up.
Now you guys can play Bingo on Zoom as given below.
- Go to this link in order to generate “Bingo cards” via this Bingo card generator. You have to fill in the “Number of cards” you guys want to generate and the “Colour” of these cards. After this, choose “Printing Options” according to your preferences. We would actually recommend ‘2′ per page.
- After choosing the appropriate options, then tap on Generate Cards button.
- Now, just print the cards you have generated with the help of the Print Cards option. You guys have to “send the same link” to all the players in order to create and print cards for themselves.
Although this is the best Bingo card generator, it does not really let you print only a single card on paper. However, you can do so, via selecting “1” for the field of “Number of cards”.
Many folks play along with two or even three cards simultaneously, but honestly, it would be cheating. But, if you want to increase your chances of winning the game, then you can try this method.
- After every member of the game gets their cards printed out, tell them to take a “marker” to cross out the corresponding numbers in the blocks. When everybody is done along with the above steps.
- After opening the above link, then choose the “kind of game” you and your team want to host. It will be present at the top-left corner of the page, just below the “Bingo icon”.
- Now, any one of the players can also do this task. Use the “Screen Share” option at the bottom of the screen in the Zoom meeting as well. It will share your browser window on which the game is actually running, with all the meet members. This would work just like a table where each and every player would keep track of “called-out numbers”.
- When all the meet members are able to see this window, “Choose a pattern” from the drop-down list present at the top-left corner. You should choose the pattern keeping everyone’s wish in mind.
- Now, tap on the “Start New Game” button in order to begin a new game. The first number of the game will be called out via the generator.
- Whenever the generator’s first number has been marked via everybody, tap on the Call Next Number button in order to get the next number. Repeat the same process for the whole game.
You can even automate the system via tapping on “Start Autoplay” for the smooth functioning of the game.
There is also an additional feature called “Bingo Caller”, that is offered via the letsplaybingo website. Although it is optional, the computer-generated voice calls out the numbers and then makes the game more lively. Thus, we have enabled the feature in the next steps.
- Turn on the feature via checking the box “Enable” under the “Bingo Caller” option. Now, your game will be really smooth and hassle-free.
- You can also select “Voice” and “Language” from the drop-down menu.
During Bingo matches along with their family and friends, a lot of people pool some money and use it to buy a gift for the winner of the game. These types of ideas actually make the game more interesting. However, make sure that you always act responsibly, whenever it comes to hypothetical rewards and associated repercussions as well.
Play Bingo on Zoom – for Kids
As a good parent, you guys should always keep in mind that kids need variety. Along along with the educational curriculum. There should also be a good mix of different extra-curricular activities for their overall development as well. These help increase concentration levels, creativity, and also learning ability among children. Bingo is a suitable option in order to keep kids engaged & entertained.
- in order to play Bingo on Zoom along with friends, for your kids, you need the same materials as mentioned earlier, i.e., a Zoom PC app along with a Zoom account and a printer.
- After arranging the above resources, you have to decide if you will draw the numbers from a bag over a Zoom meeting. Or you will use software or a website that randomizes Bingo numbers as well.
- Then you have to download an assortment of Bingo sheets and distribute them among children. Instruct them in order to print them out as we did in the above method for adults.
- Just play using a randomizer application until someone wins, and ‘Bingo!’ you’re all set.
Note here, that you can also change the “numbers” along with “words” or “phrases” and mark them as they occur. You can also even use “fruits and vegetable names”. This activity would indirectly help the kids in order to learn new words whenever playing a game they enjoy.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!