Omegle is basically a free online chat website where users can socialize along with others without even registering in a one-on-one chat session. The service basically pairs users randomly. Users can also communicate anonymously in spy mode via using names such as “stranger” or “stranger 1.” Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Omegle Error Connecting to Server. Let’s begin!
Whenever members try to start a chat on Omegle, then they get the message “Error connecting to server.” So, what steps can be taken to resolve it actually? After reviewing a lot of fixes to resolve the Omegle error connecting to the server, we’ve compiled a list of the best fixes as well. If you’re unsure how you can get rid of the error, try the solutions outlined by us.
- 1 How to Fix Omegle Error Connecting to Server
- 1.1 Try a different Network
- 1.2 Use this set of Helpful Commands | omegle error connecting to server
- 1.3 Use a trusted VPN
- 1.4 Use Another Device
- 1.5 Delete Flash Browsing Data | Omegle error connecting to server
- 1.6 Restart Your Router/Modem
- 1.7 Switch to a different browser
- 1.8 Clear Browsing Data
- 1.9 Contact Omegle Support | omegle error connecting to server
- 1.10 Conclusion
How to Fix Omegle Error Connecting to Server
Omegle, according to our observations, will also create an error connecting to a server in the following situations:
- Your IP address has been blacklisted, due to which you are no longer able to use Omegle.
- Omegle also has some network issues over which you guys have no control.
- Your ISP may block the Omegle website.
- Also, Incorrect configuration settings.
- Corrupted browser cache as well as cookies.
- Faulty or weak network too.
Try a different Network
Your network firewall rule might also be blocking Omegle. If you guys want to eliminate this possibility as well, then connect your system with another network (WiFi or Mobile hotspot). Make sure the network is actually different from your primary network.
When connected to the new network, then again try to visit Omegle. If this fix works, then either Omegle’s servers have blocked your IP, or your ISP also has strict guidelines against this service.
Use this set of Helpful Commands | omegle error connecting to server
These commands basically runs in Command and it can also help you solve many network connection problems. The thing is that this will basically rebuild some IP and DNS settings and reacquire some of them as well. Just check to see if this method works out for you.
- You have to search for “Command Prompt” via typing it either right in the Start menu or via pressing the search button right next to it. Right-tap on the first entry that will pop up as a search result and then choose the “Run as administrator” context menu entry.
- Plus, you can also use the Windows Logo Key + R key combination in order to bring up the Run dialog box actually. Type in “cmd” in the dialog box that basically appears and use the Ctrl + Shift + Enter key combination for admin Command Prompt.
- Now type in the following commands in the window and make sure you click Enter after typing each one. Wait for the “Operation completed successfully” message. Or something just the same as to know that the method worked and you haven’t made any mistakes when typing. Make a short pause between these two commands as well.
ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/release ipconfig/release6 ipconfig/renew
- Now reopen Omegle in your browser and then check to see if the Omegle “Error connecting to server” message appears.
Use a trusted VPN
Using a VPN to open the Omegle website without even receiving the “Error connecting to server” message has been proven successful actually. You could try installing a VPN and then see if you’re able to connect to Omegle.
But, using a VPN is prohibited in some nations. So, before connecting to a VPN, first, check with your service provider to see if VPN usage is possible.
Use Another Device
This is one of the easiest fixes that is actually worth attempting. If you guys have any other internet-connected device that can connect to Omegle, then go ahead and try this method with them.
If you get the same error, then you can be assured that the issue of Omegle connecting to server error is not caused via your device.
Delete Flash Browsing Data | Omegle error connecting to server
Deleting this data can also do within your browser and this is one of the major solutions to the problem since Omegle uses Flash extensively.
- Navigate to this link via clicking it and check under the Website Storage Settings panel for the Flash loading. If it doesn’t load automatically, then tap on getting Adobe Flash and a popup should appear prompting to run Flash so confirm it.
- Now under the Website Storage Settings tab, tap on Delete all sites and confirm your choice. Just estart your browser and Omegle should work.
Restart Your Router/Modem
In a lot of cases, network problems can be resolved via simply unplugging the modem and/or router for some time and then plugging them back in. If you guys have a dynamic IP address, then you can get a new one via restarting your router (relying on your subscription).
Switch to a different browser
Sometimes, the browser settings, as well as files, might get corrupted which can lead to many issues. Omegle is basically a video messaging platform, so you’ll need a browser. That’s compatible along with audio & video for Omegle to work without even any issues. Google Chrome is actually the best web browser for using Omegle. You can also get it for free and update it on your pc.
If you’re still facing an Omegle error connecting to the server via Google Chrome, try switching to another famous browser such as Mozilla Firefox. This is just a simple approach that has helped quite many users who were struggling along with this issue.
Clear Browsing Data
It’s a really good idea to clear your browsing data now and then. Since this can help you fix the Omegle error connecting to the server. Delete all the cookies from your browser:
- Open Google Chrome then tap on the three dots at the top of the screen and then click on Settings.
- Next, tap on Clear browsing data.
- From the time range drop-down select the time frame for which you want to clear the cache. Then make sure the boxes beside the Cache images and files and also Cookies and other sites data are ticked.
- At last, click on the Clear data button.
Contact Omegle Support | omegle error connecting to server
The Omegle error may also occur due to the server error from Omegle’s end. If that’s the case then it might be beyond the user’s scope in order to fix it. As a result, the safest course of action is actually contacting Omegle and seeing if there is also a maintenance problem or if the server is down on their end. However, this is uncommon, it is possible. Getting Omegle to determine the cause could be beneficial as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!