OBS or Open Broadcaster Software is actually one of the best open-source software that can stream and capture game audio as well. It is compatible along with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. But, a lot of people have faced issues along with OBS not recording audio on Windows 10 Computer. If you too are one of them and are thinking about how you can fix OBS not capturing game audio, then you have come to the right place. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix OBS Not Capturing Game Audio – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
In this tutorial, we will first go through the steps to use OBS to record your game audio as well. Then, we will proceed to the numerous fixes that you can also try if you face OBS not recording desktop audio errors. Let us now begin!
How to Fix OBS Not Capturing Game Audio
For OBS to capture game audio, you guys will have to select the correct audio source of your games. Just follow these simple steps in order to start
How to Capture Game Audio in OBS
- Open OBSon your PC. Head to the Sources section at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap on the plus sign (+) and then choose Audio Output Capture.
- Select Add Existing option; then, click desktop Audio as shown below. Tap on OK to confirm.
Now, you have selected the right source in order to capture game audio.
Note: If you want to modify the settings further, then just navigate to Files> Settings> Audio.
- In order to capture your game audio, make sure your game is running. On the OBS screen. Just click on Start Recording. When you are done, then just tap on Stop Recording.
- Whenever your session is complete, and you want to hear the captured audio. Head to File> Show recordings. This will open File Explorer, where you guys will be able to view all your recordings created with OBS.
In case you guys have already implemented these steps and found that OBS is not capturing the desktop audio. Just continue reading below to learn how you can fix OBS not capturing game audio issue.
Tweak Device Sound Settings
If there is something wrong along with the settings of your computer speaker. Then this might be the reason why OBS is not able to capture game audio actually. To fix this, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Tap on the Windows + R keys together on the keyboard. This will open the Run dialogue box.
- Type Control in the box and tap on OK in order to launch Control Panel.
- In the top right corner, head to the View by option. Here, tap on small icons. Then click on Sound.
- Right-click on the empty space and you have to check Show Disabled Devices in the menu.
- Under the Playback tab, just choose the speaker that you are using. Now, just tap on the Set Default button.
- When again, select this speaker and tap on Properties.
- Head to the second tab marked Levels. Then check if the device is muted.
- Drag the slider to the right in order to increase the volume. Press Apply in order to save the changes made.
- In the next tab i.e. Advanced tab, untick the box next to permit applications to take exclusive control of this device.
- Click Apply followed via OK in order to save all changes.
- Choose your speaker again and click on Configure.
- In the audio Channels menu, just choose Stereo. Tap on Next.
Check if OBS is recording game audio now or not. If not, move on to the next solution in order to fix OBS not capturing game audio.
Unmute OBS | OBS Not Capturing Game Audio
It is possible that you guys might have accidentally muted your device. You have to check your Volume Mixer on Windows in order to verify that OBS Studio is on mute. When you unmute it, it might fix OBS not capturing the game audio problem.
- Right-tap on the speaker icon in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar. Just tap on Open Volume Mixer.
- Click on the speaker icon under OBS in order to unmute OBS if it is muted.
- Or else, just exit the mixer as well. Check to see if OBS is now able to capture desktop audio actually. If not, then move to the next method.
Tweak Speaker Enhancements
Here are the steps in order to enhance the performance of computer speaker:
- Right-tap on the speaker icon located on the bottom-right corner of the taskbar. Then tap on Sounds.
- In Sound settings, head to the playback tab. Right-click on your speakers and then tap on Properties as explained in the previous method.
- In the Speakers/Headphones Properties window, head to the Enhancement tab. Tick the boxes next to Bass Boost, Virtual Surround, and also Loudness equalization.
- Tap on Apply > OK in order to confirm and apply these settings.
If the ‘OBS not capturing audio’ issue still persists, then move on to the next method in order to modify OBS settings.
Many users have reported that the Nahimic Audio Manager causes conflict with Open Broadcaster Software. Hence, uninstalling it might fix the OBS not recording sound issue. To uninstall Nahimic, follow these simple steps:
- Click on Start menu> Settings.
- Click on apps, then open Apps and Features.
- From the list of apps, tap on Nahimic.
- Then tap on Uninstall.
If the above solutions did not help fix OBS not capturing game audio error, then the last resort is to reinstall OBS.
Modify OBS Settings | OBS Not Capturing Game Audio
Now that you guys have already tried fixing the audio via desktop settings, then the next step is to alter and tweak OBS audio settings:
- Just open Open Broadcaster Software.
- Click on a file from the top-left corner and then tap on Settings.
- Here, tap on Audio> Channels. Select the Stereo option for audio.
- Scroll down in that same window and then search for Global Audio Devices. Choose the device you are using for Desktop Audio as well as for Mic/Auxiliary Audio.
- Now, just tap on Encoding from the left side of the Settings window.
- Then under Audio encoding, change the Bitrate to 128.
- Now under Video encoding, then change the max bitrate to 3500.
- Just uncheck these CBR options under Video Encoding.
- Now tap on the Output option in the Settings window.
- Tap on the recording tab to see the audio tracks that are selected.
- Choose the audio that you want to record.
- Tap on Apply and then click on Ok.
Restart OBS software and then check if you’re able to fix OBS not recording the mic audio issue.
Reinstalling OBS will fix in-depth program issues if any. Here is how you can do it:
- On the keyboard, tap on the Windows +R keys together to open the Run dialogue box. Typical and tap on OK.
- In the Control Panel window, right-tap on OBS Studio and then tap on Uninstall/Change.
- When uninstalled, download obs from the official website and then install it.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!