If you guys are facing the error message “NVIDIA Display settings are not available” then this means that you guys are not currently using the monitor or show that is attached to an NVIDIA GPU. So if you guys are not using the show attached to Nvidia then it also makes sense that you will not be able to access Nvidia Display settings as well. Just read this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available Error. Let’s begin!
NVIDIA shows settings not being available is a really common problem and there can be a lot of reasons behind this. Such as your display is connected to the wrong port actually, there may be a driver problem, as well. However, what if you guys are using the display that is attached to Nvidia GPU and still facing the above error message as well? Well, in that case, you have to troubleshoot the issue and fix the underlying cause in order to completely resolve the issue as well.
How to Fix NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available Error
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong as well.
Below are given different methods via which you can fix the issue of NVIDIA show settings are not available:
Check Your Display Connection
Another important thing that you guys should check is that if the Monitor is plugged into the right port or not. There are actually two ports available where you guys can insert your display cable that are:
- Intel Integrated Graphics
- NVIDIA Graphics Hardware
Make sure your monitor is also plugged into the graphics port also known as the discrete port. If it is connected to another port then you can change it and insert it into the graphics port. Restart your computer after you make the above changes and this may fix the NVIDIA display settings that are a not available issue actually.
Change the Adapter Output
If even after changing the port and through the monitor cable into the graphics port. That you’re still facing the issue then you have to either use a convertor or also change the adapter (Graphics card) output.
For converter, you can use VGA to HDMI converter and then use the HDMI port on your Graphics card or you can also change the form of the output directly. Such as use a display port rather than HDMI or VGA and this may also solve your problem.
Turn off & Re-Enable GPU
Before we actually go any further, let us first try the basic troubleshooting step of disabling & re-enabling the Nvidia GPU. This step may actually fix the issue, so it is worth a shot. In order to disable & then re-enable the GPU just follow the below steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type “devmgmt.msc” (without even quotes) and click on enter in order to open Device Manager.
- Then, expand Display adapters and right-tap on your Nvidia Graphics card, and choose Disable.
- A warning dialog box that says the disabling device will stop functioning and then asking for confirmation. If you are sure you want to turn off this device then tap on the Yes button.
- Now again right-tap on your Nvidia Graphics card, however, this time select Enable.
- This will also make your device enabled again and also the normal working of the device will resume.
After completing the above steps, just check if you’re able to resolve the NVIDIA display settings are not available problem as well.
Restart Several Nvidia Services | NVIDIA Display Settings
There are a lot of NVIDIA services running on your system that manage the NVIDIA display drivers & make sure smooth functioning of the Display drivers. These services are basically a middleman between the NVIDIA hardware and the operating system as well. And if these services are stopped via third-party software then the computer might fail in order to detect the NVIDIA display hardware and can also cause the NVIDIA display settings are not an available problem as well.
So in order to fix the problem, make sure the NVIDIA services are actually running. In order to check if Nvidia services are running or not, then just follow the below steps:
- Tapon Windows Key + R then type services.msc and hit Enter.
- Then you guys find the following NVIDIA services:
NVIDIA Display Container LS
NVIDIA LocalSystem Container
NVIDIA NetworkService Container
NVIDIA Telemetry Container
- Right-tap on NVIDIA Display Container LS and then choose Properties.
- Tap on Stop then selects Automatic from Startup type drop-down. Now, wait for a few minutes then again tap on the Start button in order to start the particular service.
- Then repeat steps 3 & 4 for all the other remaining services of NVIDIA.
- When finished, and tap on Apply followed via OK to save the changes.
When you have made sure the Nvidia services are up & running, then check if you are still getting the error message “NVIDIA Display settings are not available”.
Uninstall Nvidia completely from your system | NVIDIA Display Settings
Just boot your PC in Safe Mode then follow these steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter.
- Now expand Display adapters then right-click on your NVIDIA graphic card and choose Uninstall.
- If asked for confirmation then choose Yes.
- Press Windows Key + R and then type control and tap on Enter in order to open Control Panel.
- From Control Panel, just click on Uninstall a Program.
- Then, uninstall everything related to Nvidia.
- Now you need to navigate to the following path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\
- Find the following files and then right-click on them and choose Delete:
- Now just navigate to the following directories:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
- Just delete any file under the above two folders.
- Reboot your system in order to save changes and again download the setup.
- Again run the NVIDIA installer and this time you have to choose “Custom” and then checkmark “Perform a clean installation.”
- Once you are sure that you guys have removed everything, then try installing the drivers again and check if you’re able to fix the NVIDIA Display settings are not an available issue.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!