Are you looking for the Music app keyboard shortcuts? While watching a show, you can simply use keyboard shortcuts for the TV app. Also, while listening to a podcast, you can also use shortcuts for the Podcasts app. So, fortunately, if you’re stuffing to your favorite tunes, just use keyboard shortcuts for the Music app on Mac.
These are quite handy shortcuts that can help you to move over to another album or song, control playback, and then navigate Music easier.
The Music app window
Simply use these handy keyboard shortcuts to work with the Music app itself. You can simply input full-screen view, disable or enable the visualizer, and close or quit Music.
- Open the Music window: Command + 0 (zero)
- Hide the window: Command + H
- Hide all other windows: Option + Command + H
- Input or exit full-screen view: Control + Command + F
- Move between a custom and maximum window size: Option + Click the green button
- Open the MiniPlayer: Option + Command + M or Shift + Command + M
- Open the Full Screen player: Shift + Command + F
- Place the Music window in the Dock: Command + M
- Open Music Preferences: Command + , (comma)
- Open Music Help: Command + ? (question mark)
- Display or hide the status bar: Command + / (forward slash)
- Enable or disable the visualizer: Command + T
- Close the window: Command + W
- Quit Music: Command + Q
Shortcuts for playback
Just control the volume of your songs, and much more using these shortcuts.
- Play or pause the selected song: Space Bar
- Play the selected song from the beginning: Return
- Stop playing the selected song: Command +. (period)
- Go backward or forward in a song: Option + Command + Right Arrow, Option + Command + Left Arrow
- Play the next song in a list: Right Arrow
- Play the previous song in a list: Left Arrow
- Show the current song playing in a list: Command + L
- Show the Playing Next list: Option + Command + U
- Play the next or earlier album in a list: Option + Right Arrow, Option + Left Arrow
- Increase the volume: Command + Up Arrow
- Lower the volume: Command + Down Arrow
- Open the equalizer: Option + Command + E
- Stream audio using a URL: Command + U
Shortcuts for playlists
Manage or organize your playlists or instantly create new ones with these shortcuts.
- Make a new playlist: Command + N
- Create a new playlist from the selected song(s): Shift + Command + N
- Create a new Smart Playlist: Option + Command + N
- Remove the selected playlist without confirming: Command + Delete
- Delete the selected playlist and its songs from your library: Option + Delete
- Initiate a Genius Shuffle: Option + Space Bar
Shortcuts for your library
Manage or organize your music library and media files using these handy keyboard shortcuts.
- Import a file: Command + O (capital letter O)
- Display a song file location: Shift + Command + R
- Find or search: Command + F
- Choose all songs in a list: Command + A
- Deselect all songs I a list: Shift + Command + A
- Display or hide the column browser: Command + B
- Copy, Cut, or Paste a selected song’s details or art: Command + X, Command + C, Command + V
Here’s all about “Music app Keyboard Shortcuts On Mac”. The music app is a very simple and elegant app for listening to your favorite music. So you don’t want lots of keyboard shortcuts for it, simply try these shortcuts to perform tasks in the app faster.
Some Mac apps provide you essentials of shortcuts, but the Music app provides you pretty much everything you want to control the app, your library or playlists, and your playback choices.
Do you think that we miss any that you like to see and we haven’t covered yet? Is this article helpful? If you want to know other keyboard shortcuts then visit our website while some useful links are also mentioned below. For further queries and questions let us know in the comment section below!