If you guys are facing audio issues such as “No audio device installed” as well as no sound coming from speakers. Then the problem is related to the multimedia audio controller actually. If multimedia controller drivers get corrupted as well as outdated then you guys will also face sound issues on your PC. If you open the device manager and then you will find a yellow exclamation mark that is actually next to Multimedia Audio Controller listed under Other devices. Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Multimedia Audio Controller Problem. Let’s start!
To know more about the yellow exclamation mark, then just right-tap on Multimedia Audio Controller and choose Properties. In the properties window, you guys will see that it says “No drivers installed for this device“. Don’t worry many Windows users have also faced this issue. So you guys can easily resolve this issue via following the below-listed guide.
How to Fix Multimedia Audio Controller Problem
Multimedia Audio Controller drivers enable the Operating system in order to communicate with the Multimedia Audio Controller hardware. Such as your audio output devices as well. So if there is an issue along with the Multimedia Controller drivers, then you won’t be able to use your system normally and will actually face a lot of issues also including the No sound issue on your PC.
As you guys know the main cause behind the above issue is basically corrupted, outdated as well as incompatible Multimedia Controller drivers. We can easily fix the issue via either updating the drivers or completely re-installing the drivers from scratch as well. So without even wasting any time let’s see How you can Fix Multimedia Audio Controller Driver Issue with the help of the below-listed guide.
Check for Windows Update
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings and then click on Update & Security.
- Now from the left-hand side, the menu clicks on Windows Update.
- Now just tap on the “Check for updates” button in order to check for any available updates actually.
- If any updates are pending then just tap on Download & Install updates.
When the updates are downloaded, install them and your Windows will then become up-to-date.
Uninstall Multimedia Audio Controller Driver
- First of all, tap on Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Then expand Sound, video, and game Controllers and now find Multimedia Audio Controller.
- If you’re unable to find then expand to Other devices and here you guys will find Multimedia Controller along with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Right-click on Multimedia Audio Controller and then choose Uninstall.
- Tap on Yes to confirm the uninstallation and when you finish, reboot your PC.
- When the system restart, Windows will then try to automatically install the default drivers for Multimedia Controller.
- However, if the issue is still not resolved then try to visit your sound card manufacturer’s website.
- You have to find the latest drivers for your sound card under the drivers and download section.
- Just download and install the latest driver on your system and this should Fix Multimedia Controller Driver Issue.
Update Multimedia Audio Controller Driver
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and click Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now expand Sound, video, and also game Controllers and then find Multimedia Audio Controller.
- If you’re unable to then expand Other devices and then here you will find Multimedia Controller.
- Now Right-click on Multimedia Audio Controller and choose Update.
- On the next screen, just tap on “Search automatically for updated driver software“ as well.
- Just wait for the process to finish finding the latest available update for your sound drivers as well. If found, then make sure to click on Install to complete the process.
- When finished, click Close and then reboot your PC to save changes.
- But if your driver is already up-to-date then you guys will get a message saying “The best driver software for your device is already installed“.
- Tap on Close and you don’t even need to do anything as the drivers are already up-to-date.
- If you guys are still facing the Multimedia Audio Controller Driver Issue then you guys have to manually update the drivers, then just follow the next step.
- Again open Device Manager and then right-click on Multimedia Controller and choose Update driver.
- This time, you guys have to tap on “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Next, just choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- Choose the appropriate driver from the list and then tap on Next.
- Now let the driver installation complete and then restart your computer.
Add a Legacy hardware
- Click on Windows Key + R and then just type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and click on enter in order to open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager just choose Sound, video, and game controllers and then tap on Action > Add legacy hardware.
- Tap on Next, and select ‘Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended).‘
- Manually install the drivers and then reboot your system in order to save changes as well.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!