Missing files have mostly prevented the installation of many games and programs in Windows. The missing files are mostly .dll files along with names so vague the average user can’t even begin in order to figure out where said file might have gone missing too. A DLL file is actually a library file that will execute functions or also it might contain a lot of variables or resources. Let’s just read this article to know all about MSVCR120.dll Is Missing From Your Computer – Fix
Because these files are associated with the frameworks they belong to, and also apps are built on certain frameworks. Their absence on your system avoids an app that is dependant on a DLL file from installing or running. The fix isn’t difficult actually; you just have to get the file back on your system. If you’re getting the ‘MSVCR120.dll Is Missing From Your PC‘ error during the installation or execution of an EXE file on Windows, then here’s how you can fix it.
- 1 What is MSVCR120.dll? | MSVCR120.dll Is Missing
What is MSVCR120.dll? | MSVCR120.dll Is Missing
What is actually the MSVCR120.dll file? MSVCR120.dll is an important file for the Windows Operating System. The file is used to extract the valuable application resources required at runtime via the third-party installation program. MSVCR120.dll is actually the corresponding C++ library. If MSVCR120.dll is missing, then you won’t be able to open games or other programs in the C++ programming languages.
Install the MSVCR120.dll file
If MSVCR120.dll is missing or not found on your computer, then you can fix your problem via restoring the missing file in your computer. In order to do so, just use the DLL-files.com Client.
The DLL-files.com Client will also fix your DLL error in just one tap. You guys don’t have to know what system is running on your computer, and you don’t have to worry about downloading the wrong file. The DLL-files.com handles it all for you.
- First, download and install the DLL-files.com Client.
- Then run the application.
- Just type MSVCR120.dll in the search box and tap on Search for DLL file.
- Tap on msvcr120.dll in the search result.
- Click Install (you’re required to register the program before you guys can install the files – you’ll be prompted when you tap on Install).
When you install, check if your MSVCR120.dll missing problem has been fixed or not.
Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages | MSVCR120.dll Is Missing
The MSVCR120.dll file basically belongs to the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. If it’s missing on your computer, then something went wrong installing this package. The easiest way in order to fix what msvcr120.dll is missing is actually to re-download the packages from Microsoft.
Important: Download the file from the official websites to prevent potential risks. In addition, DO NOT download the .dll files from unofficial websites, in an attempt to replace your missing files actually. Those are unapprove sources for DLL files and maybe infect along with viruses. So it’s recommended not to do that to make sure your computer security.
- Head to the Microsoft download website.
- Tap on Download.
- Choose the file according to your system type ( x64 for 64-bit and x86 for 32-bit). Then tap on Next.
Tips: You guys can check if you are running 32-bit or 64-bit through cmd in Windows: Open cmd.exe, and type system info, and tap on Enter, and then you can see your system type is x86-based or x64-based.
- After downloading, double tap onthe downloaded .exe file, and follow the instructions to install.
- Just restart your PC. Then open the same program in order to see if it works.
This should resolve your problem as well. If not, then try the following steps.
Do a clean installation of the program
As suggested in the error message, you guys can try to reinstall the program to fix it. The program file may be corrupted whenever installing, so a clean reinstallation to have a complete and correct file may also solve the problem.
- On your keyboard, tap on the Windows logo key + R at the same time.
- Then just type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and press Enter.Right-click the program that provides the error, then tap on Uninstall. In my case, the program that gives the error is Python, so I right-click Python and tap on Uninstall.
- Just follow the popup instructions in order to confirm the delete.
- Restart your computer, just reinstall the program, and open it to see if it works.
Copy the file from another computer | MSVCR120.dll Is Missing
You can also fix this error via copying the same file from another computer and paste it to your own. To do this:
- Find another PC that runs the same operating system as yours actually.
The versions (Windows 10/8/7) and architectures (32-bit/64-bit) of both operating systems must be the same as well.
- On that computer, you have to open File Explorer (via pressing the Windows logo key and E on your keyboard). Then head to C:\Windows\System32 and also copy the msvcr120.dll there.
- Now paste the copied file to the same location (C:\Windows\System32) on your own computer. (You guys may need an external storage device, such as a flash drive.)
Run a virus scan for your system
A virus or malware infection in your system could also stop the .dll file from running actually. Some errors such as dll not found or dll is missing, are related to malware, such as Trojan, that actually pretends to be the dll files. IN order to check this possibility, just run a full system check with your anti-virus program. Windows Defender alone might not be able to help. So you can try other anti-virus programs, like Norton and AVG AntiVirus Free.
Just run a complete virus scan for your whole Windows system, and this could take a few minutes. An instant system scan may not include many parts of your Windows PC. So please make sure to check each and every part of your computer. After scanning, you then have restart your PC. If unfortunately, your Windows has infected via malware. Just follow the instructions shown through the anti-virus program in order to fix it. Then restart your computer and then see if the problem is solved.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!
Leave a Comment