If you guys are looking to overclock a GPU or undervolt it, then you will have heard of an app called MSI Afterburner actually. Most of the guides mention this app as an easy and reliable way in order to overclock a GPU or undervolt it. It basically supports both Nvidia and AMD GPUs. And can also be used in order to control the fan speed of a GPU as well as monitor its temperature as well. Just read this article to know all about MSI Afterburner not Showing Anything – Fix.
If you are trying to use MSI Afterburner to change how the hardware on your system works actually. And you are unable to change anything or the numerous controls aren’t working, here’s what you guys can do.
What Causes MSI Afterburner to not Work on Windows?
There are a few causes that can avoid MSI Afterburner from working properly on Windows. Also, it relies on which feature that you are struggling with. But, you should have a clear idea of what your scenario might be after you check out the list of causes we also have prepared below!
- Numerous overlays running on your PC – Whenever multiple overlays run at the same time, the errors are bound to ruin everything! The most common culprits are definitely Steam and also NVIDIA overlays. That needs to be disabled for MSI Afterburner’s overlay to work properly.
- Onboard graphics card – Whenever you’re having problems overclocking via MSI Afterburner, consider disabling the integrated graphics card in BIOS. In order to switch all the graphics handling to your external graphics card actually!
MSI Afterburner not Showing Anything – Fix
There are actually two common problems that users experience in MSI Afterburner. And they’re unable to access the graph to customize the fan speed, or the sliders that control the clock speeds do not really work.
Ctrl+F not working
You can also bring up the fan speed control via tapping the Ctrl+F keyboard shortcut. But your GPU must have its own fan in order to be able to use this feature as well.
Check GPU fan
In order to check if your GPU has its own fan, you can also look at the packaging or box it came in. Or you can Google its model number as well.
- Right-tap on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the context menu as well.
- Head to the Performance tab on the Task Manager.
- Choose GPU – 1 from the column on the left as well.
- At the top right of the GPU 1 graph, then note down the model of your GPU.
- Just visit the manufacturer’s website for the GPU and check the specifications of your model in order to see if it has a fan of its own. Normally, GPUs used in laptops do not really have their own fan.
Enable hardware modificationIf you guys have confirmed that your GPU has its own fan that MSI Afterburner should also be able to control. Then you may have to enable the fan control itself.
- Just tap on the Settings button on the main MSI Afterburner interface.
- Head to the Fans tab (if the Fans tab is absent, the app cannot really detect your GPU fan).
- Turn on the “Enable user-defined software automatic fan control” option now.
- Tap Ctrl+F and you guys will see the fan curve.
If there is no GPU fan in order to control, and then you can use other apps in order to control the fans on a Windows 10 system as well.
The sliders on MSI Afterburner may also be inactive for two reasons. A problem with the app, a restriction along with the hardware. In order to fix a problem with the app, then uninstall it.
- First, you have to open the Control Panel.
- Head to Programs>Uninstall a program.
- Choose MSI Afterburner from the list of installed apps.
- Tap on the Uninstall button at the top.
- During the uninstallation process, MSI Afterburner will also ask if you want to keep your settings. Make sure you choose NO.
- When the app has been uninstalled, then install it again and you will be able to control the Memory clock and the Core clock at the very least as well.
Other inactive sliders
It is also possible that the GPU model you have doesn’t permit you in order to change the core voltage and core power consumption for the chip as well. In that case, the sliders for these two items will not work as well. These sorts of restrictions are normally found in GPUs used in laptops and also there’s actually no way around them.
Reinstall Afterburner’s Latest Version
If MSI Afterburner isn’t really working properly on your computer. Then you guys should consider uninstalling the version currently installed on your PC and updating to the latest one. This is an easy process in order to perform and it’s something in order to try out before moving onto more difficult methods!
- Tap on the Start menu button and open Control Panel through searching for it. Just like that, you can click on the cog icon in order to open settings if you guys are using Windows 10.
- In Control Panel, choose to View as – Category at the top right corner and tap on Uninstall a Program under the Programs section actually.
- If you are using the Settings app, tapping on Apps should immediately open a list of all installed programs on your PC as well.
- Now locate the MSI Afterburner tool in Control Panel or Settings and tap on Uninstall. Its uninstall wizard should open so just follow the instructions in order to uninstall it.
- Tap on Finish when the uninstaller completes the process and restart your computer to see if errors will still appear or not. Make sure you visit this website, download the installation file, and then install it again to see if MSI Afterburner is working properly!
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!