Google chrome is actually the most used browser whenever you guys are looking for some information. But, it can be challenging if you guys want to carry out your tasks of browsing information with one hand. Like the address bar of the Chrome browser is actually at the top by default. For reaching the address bar at the top, then you either need long thumbs, or you can easily move the chrome address bar to the bottom of the browser for your convenience. Just read this article to know all about How to Move Chrome Address Bar from Bottom to Top. Let’s begin!
Google Chrome basically introduced a new feature for moving the address bar to the bottom as many users were facing problems whenever trying to access the address bar with just one hand. Now, you guys can easily access the address bar from the bottom of your smartphone screens without even having to stretch your thumbs in order to reach the Google Chrome address bar. Thus, to help you out, we have come up along with how you can easily move the Address bar to the bottom of the screen as well.
How to Move Chrome Address Bar to the Bottom of the Screen
The procedure for moving the chrome address bar to the bottom of your Android phone screen is really simple. But, before going ahead with the procedure, just make sure you read the warning about the browser’s experimental feature. There are also chances that you may lose your saved data, or there could be problems along with your security or privacy.
You guys can follow these steps for moving the Chrome address bar to the bottom of your screen:
- You have to open the Chrome browser on your Android smartphone.
- In the Address bar of the Chrome browser, type ‘chrome://flags’ and click on Enter or the Search icon.
- After you type chrome://flags, you will then get redirected to the Experiments page of the browser. You can actually go through the experimental warning before proceeding further.
- Well, in this step, you have to locate the search box on the page in order to type ‘Chrome duet’ and click on Enter.
- Now, choose the Chrome duet from the search results and click on the default button in order to get the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, you guys will see many options such as ‘Enabled’ and ‘Home-search-share,’ that are really much the same as they have the same button configuration that is home, search, and share as well. But, the ‘Home-search-Tab’ has a different button configuration. There the share button gets replaced along with a button for viewing all the open tabs. The ‘NewTab-search-share’ option is just the same as the ‘Enabled’ option. Along with a slight difference in the new tab button’s positioning and the first icon.
- You can also decide the option as per your preference of the button arrangements for the bottom address bar.
- After deciding the button arrangement, you guys have to choose the option of ‘Relaunch’ at the bottom to apply the changes.
- At last, you can Restart Chrome in order to check if you were able to move the Chrome address bar to the bottom.
You can easily follow the above steps for moving the chrome address bar to the bottom. However, if you are not comfortable with these new changes. Then you can always move the address bar to the default settings.
How to Move Chrome Address Bar to the Top of the Screen
So, after changing the address bar from the default place to the bottom of the screen. You guys can always go back to the default settings. We also understand that it may take some time in order to get used to the new address bar at the bottom. That is why we have listed the steps that you guys can follow for moving the chrome address bar back to the top of the screen:
- You guys have to open Google Chrome and then type Chrome://flags in the URL bar and click on Enter.
- Now, you guys have to type ‘Chrome duet’ in the search flags option at the top of the page.
- Tap on the Chrome duet’s drop-down menu and choose the option of ‘Default.’
- At last, click on the ‘Relaunch’ button at the bottom of the page in order to apply the new changes.
- You can also restart Google Chrome in order to check the Chrome address bar is shifted to the top again.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!