If you guys are facing issues along with Mouse Scroll not working properly as well as if you can’t get the mouse to work at all. Then this guide is absolutely for you. This guide also applies to if you guys cannot change mouse settings, scrolling is too slow or too fast, or also you receive the error message “Some mouse settings might not work until you guys connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth technology.” Just read this article to know all about How to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working in Windows. Let’s begin!
So, the main question is why does the problem occur in the Mouse scroll? Well, there can actually be a number of causes. Such as outdated or incompatible mouse drivers, hardware issues, also dust clogging, conflict along with 3rd party software, the problem with IntelliPoint software or drivers as well. So without even wasting any let’s now see how to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working On the Windows 10 issue along with the help of the below guide.
- 1 How to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working in Windows
How to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working in Windows
Before following the below methods first just try some basic troubleshooting in order to see if you can Resolve problems along with mouse scrolling:
- Reboot your PC and then check again.
- Just connect your Mouse to another PC and then see if it’s working or not.
- If it’s actually a USB mouse then try to connect it to a different USB port.
- If you guys are using a Wireless Mouse then just make sure to replace the mouse batteries.
- Try to check mouse scrolling in a different program, now you have to see if the scrolling problem occurs system-wide or in some specific programs as well as applications.
Check Mouse Properties | Mouse Scroll Not Working
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type main.cpl and click on Enter in order to open Mouse Properties.
- You have to switch to the Wheel tab and just make sure “The following number of lines at a time” is all set to 5.
- Tap on Apply and then move to Device Settings or Dell Touchpad tab and then tap on Settings.
- You have to make sure to click on Default in order to revert settings to default.
- Then, switch to Gestures and just make sure to enable “Enable Vertical Scrolling” and then “Enable Horizontal Scrolling.”
- Tap on Apply followed by OK.
- Now close everything and reboot your PC. See if you guys are able to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working On Windows 10.
Update Mouse Drivers
- Tap on Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Just expand Mice and other pointing devices and then right-click on your device and choose Update Driver.
- First of all, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and then wait for it to automatically install the latest drivers.
- Now if the above fails to fix the issue then again follow the above steps. However, except, on the Update driver screen, this time select “Browse my computer for driver software.“
- Next, choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.“
- Choose the appropriate driver and then tap Next to install it.
- Now just reboot your PC in order to save changes.
- If you guys are still facing the issue then on the select driver page, choose “PS/2 Compatible Mouse” driver and press Next.
- Again check if you guys are able to Fix the Mouse Scroll Not Working issue.
Perform Clean Boot | Mouse Scroll Not Working
Many times 3rd party software can conflict with Windows and can actually cause the delay in Mouse Scroll. In order to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working On Windows 10, you have to perform a clean boot on your PC and then diagnose the issue step by step.
Start HID service
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and click Enter.
- Now find Human Interface Device (HID) service in the list and then double-click on it to open its Properties window.
- Just make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic and if the service is not running, then click on Start.
- Tap on Apply followed by OK.
- Now reboot your PC to save changes and see if you guys are able to resolve problems with mouse scrolling.
Uninstall Mouse Drivers | Mouse Scroll Not Working
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click on Enter to open Device Manager.
- Now expand Mice and other pointing devices and then right-tap on your device and choose Uninstall.
- Now if asked for confirmation choose Yes.
- Then reboot your PC in order to save changes and Windows will automatically install the default drivers.
Make sure Windows is up to Date
- Tap on Windows Key + I and then select Update & Security.
- Next, again tap on Check for updates and just make sure to install any pending updates.
- Now after the updates are installed reboot your PC and then see if you’re able to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working Issue.
- You have to type Control in the Windows Search and then click on Control Panel.
- Then choose to Uninstall a program and now find Synaptics (or your mouse software for example in Dell laptops there is actually Dell Touchpad, not Synaptics).
- Now right-click on it and choose Uninstall. Tap Yes if asked for confirmation.
- When the uninstallation is complete reboot your PC in order to save changes.
- Now head to your mouse or touchpad manufacturer website and then download the latest drivers.
- Then install it and reboot your PC. See if you guys are able to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working On Windows 10.
Well, That is all from my side. If you want to know more about this article or have any queries. Then feel free to ask me anything in the comments section below.
Have a Good Day!