You guys can use Mobdro as a Kodi addon in order to stream your favorite content on your home screen. This is compatible along with multiple devices and operating systems. Also, including Android, iOS, Windows, Media Streaming Devices, Game Consoles, PlayStations, Roku TV, Roku Stick, Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and much more. Just read this article to know all about Download and Install Mobdro on Roku – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Mobdro can’t be installed directly on Roku because it counts as a third-party Kodi addon for Roku. But, you can stream content for free through it. You guys can easily install it on your Android Phone and Tablet and mirror your Mobile screen on Roku.
- 1 What is Mobdro?
- 1.1 Can you install Mobdro on Roku?
- 1.2 How to watch Mobdro on Roku via native Screen Mirroring
- 1.3 How to watch Mobdro on Roku via an app for screen mirroring
- 1.4 Conclusion
What is Mobdro?
Mobdro is actually a free media streaming service that is built for Android-running devices. Mobdro also lets you stream free media in exchange for ads played between. The app actually has a nice selection of content and also even categorized it for you to help you select better. Categories include News, TV Shows, Movies, and much more.
Mobdro also has a ‘Download’ option, that is essentially a screen recorder. The app lets you select how long you would like to record the screen along with the video playing (weird or revolutionary?). Mobdro also has some cool features such as Sleep Timer (turns off the device automatically when not in use), Live sports, and much more.
Can you install Mobdro on Roku?
Unfortunately, Mobdro is built only in order to run on Android devices running Android 4.4+. Even though Android and Roku both run Linux-based systems, and also the Android system is differently modified. That means that you cannot run APK files on your Roku device.
Luckily though, Roku also lets your cast your phone screen to your TV and watch content right from your phone! We will be using the ‘Screen Mirroring’ function built into your Roku device in order to watch Mobdro content on your TV.
How to watch Mobdro on Roku via native Screen Mirroring
Most Android devices running Android 4.2 and above actually have Screen Mirroring inbuilt. Relying on the phone, it may be called something else. Such as, Samsung devices have an option called ‘Smart View’ that lets you connect your device to another Miracast enabled device and also mirror your screen. Just like that, LG and Huawei also provide their own Smart View-like streaming option. That makes it super easy to mirror the phone screen to a smart TV and also streaming devices such as Roku.
Just follow the guide below in order to learn how you can watch Mobdro content on your Roku device.
What do you need
Before you guys start off, here is what you have to watch Mobdro content on a Roku device via your native Screen Mirroring.
- Android device (Android 4.2+) (An easy option for Samsung devices covered below)
- Mobdro APK (Download Link)
- Roku device
The first thing that you want to do is download the Mobdro APK on your android phone and install the application. You will have to allow installation from third-party apps if you guys get prompted. Next, you need to make sure that both, your Android device and also your Roku TV are on the same wireless network.
Turn on Screen Mirroring on your Roku device
As mentioned above, Roku actually has Miracast (Screen Mirroring) built in. However, you need to turn it on before you can connect many other devices to your TV.
- In order to enable the function, press the ‘Home’ button on your remote and then head to ‘Settings’.
- Now head to System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode as well.
- Choose ‘Prompt’ in the next screen to always receive a prompt whenever an unknown device tries to mirror their screen onto your TV.
Streaming from your Android device
This is basically the final step. On your Android device, just head to the screen mirroring option and choose ‘Cast’. If you guys have a Samsung device the option is right in the Notification center as well. Swipe down from the Notification panel in order to access your quick apps. Now click on Smart View to turn it on. You can also search for Smart View in the Settings app as well.
- For Huawei devices, it’s basically called Wireless Projection, and can also be found under Settings > More connections > Easy Projection. For many other devices, look for the ‘Cast’ option under Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Cast as well.
- Your phone will then search for other compatible devices on the same wireless network. Just choose your Roku device from the list.
- You guys will not see a prompt on your TV letting you know that a device wants to mirror its screen. Tap on ‘Accept’. You guys should now see your phone screen mirrored on your Roku TV.
- Now all you have to do is just launch the Mobdro app on your phone and start streaming. Both, your video and also audio will be mirrored to your Roku TV!
How to watch Mobdro on Roku via an app for screen mirroring
If it just so happens that your phone does not really have an inbuilt screen mirroring app (such as Pixel phones), there’s just no need to worry. We got you covered. You guys can use an app to mirror your phone’s screen to a Roku device, hence streaming the content from Mobdro to your Roku device.
What do you need
Before you start off, here is what you have to watch Mobdro on a Roku device via a third-party Screen Mirroring app.
- All Screen Android app
- Android Device (Android 4.2+)
- Mobdro APK
- Roku device
- First, you have to download and install the APK file of the Mobdro app on your Android device actually. Next, you need to make sure that both, your Android device and also your Roku TV are on the same wireless network.
- Now you have to turn on the screen mirroring on your Roku device. In order to do so follow the guide above to head to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Prompt.
- On your Android device, just open the All Screen app. It will automatically search for devices on the same Wi-Fi. Choose your Roku device from the list in order to connect your phone to your TV.
- On your TV you should now see an option in order to ‘Add channel’. Choose this option to pair your phone and your TV. You only have to do this the first time that you connect your phone to your Roku device.
- Now click on the home button on your Android phone in order to minimize the All Screen app. Open the Mobdro app on your Android device and select the movie or show that you would like to watch on your TV. As soon as the content buffers, then you should be able to see it on your Roku TV.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Leave a Comment