So, a minimalist windows 10 desktop is also practical. There is also free clutter such as too many icons, too many menus, or any UI elements. Now, some of the users do not need it. You can also create one thing that is not hard but it will always be different depending on the needs of an individual user. So, that is why it is important or unimportant for them. Now, here are a few basic steps that you can also follow to create a minimalist desktop on Windows 10.
Few Minimalist Windows 10 Desktop:
The Minimalist windows 10 desktop without third-party apps:
In case, if you are looking to create a minimalist desktop on Windows 10. Then you will do not want to install any apps to change how it looks. So, here are a few basic things that you can do.
- To hide desktop icons. You have to right-click on an empty area of the desktop. You have to Go to the View and also from the sub-menu. Also, uncheck the ‘Show desktop icon’ option.
- You can also Auto-hide the taskbar. Now, Open the Settings app and also go to the Personalization group of settings. Then select the Taskbar tab and also set it to auto-hide which is available in desktop mode.
- Also, remove all tiles from the Start menu. In case, if you do not like the Start menu and then think its tiles offer a cluttered interface. Now, you can also remove all of them and just have a simple apps’ list. So, You can also hide the app’s list and also pin all your favorite app tiles, files, and folders to the Start menu in a neat layout.
- This is Optional: Now, You can also give the full-screen version of the Start menu. That will try and also see if it suits your minimalist needs better. Now, this will be enabled in the form of the Settings app. You have to Go to the Personalization group of settings. You can also select the Start tab, and also turn on the ‘Use Start full screen’ button.
- Now, you can also hide system tray icons that are available in the overflow menu. Also, The system tray will always show you the date and time. Then every of the other icon on it that can be hidden in its overflow menu. So, this will also help you just because of the taskbar that will appear. If you position your mouse cursor over it so keeping the clutter hidden is a good idea.
- Also, note that it might be a good idea to unpin unnecessary items from the taskbar.
- You can also change the wallpaper to one that is simple. A Flat image also works best instead of high definition photos. Now, You can also go with a simple wallpaper that favors dark colors. You have to find something that also has a color in it but isn’t too busy.
- In the end, you can also disable color on the title bar, the Start Menu, and the taskbar. You have To do that, and then open the Settings app and also go to the Personalization group of settings. Also, Uncheck the ‘Start, Taskbar, and action center’ option. After that, the ‘Title bars and windows borders’ option.
The Minimalist windows 10 desktop using third-party apps:
In case, if you are willing to install a few apps on your system. This is available on your desktop that could also look exponentially better. In case, if you were to just rely on the stock customization options that Windows 10 has. Now, For a nice minimalist desktop, we will also recommend using the following apps.
- The TranslucentTB: So, this will also make the taskbar translucent or also add a nice blur background and do it.
- A Rainmeter: The Rainmeter has lots of Dock skins. Now, You can also use them instead of the Start menu.
- The TaskBar Hider: This will Completely hide the taskbar so that it won’t appear. If you move the mouse cursor over it.
- A T-Clock: Now, For customizing the System tray clock.
Now, The above apps that are great for changing the UI of Windows 10. Then you can also use all or some of them. It depends on what will suit you.
How To Create this desktop?
- In the very First step, you have to hide the desktop icons. Then right-click on any of the empty areas on the desktop and then go to the View. You have to Uncheck the ‘Show desktop icons’ option. In case, if you can’t live without desktop icons. You can also consider limiting them. Then make sure that they are aligned to the grid. Now, you Don’t make a habit of saving files to it.
- You have to change the desktop wallpaper to something minimalist.
- Now, you have to decide what you want to do with the taskbar. Also, we have a given thing that you use tools to hide it completely or to make it transparent.
- After that, Find a dock or also the launcher skin for Rainmeter. So, this will also take a good deal of time from there are lots of Rainmeter skins out there. You have to find one that suits you, and that is easy to customize. Now, we will also use BlueRose. This is very easy to customize and also presents everything neat, clean layout.
You just have to Remember that blacks and greys thing that is not what this make up a minimalist desktop. Now, a minimalist desktop that is all about a clean interface where there is nothing that isn’t needed ever appears. Now, this will also need to be tweak from time to time. In case, if you want to add music controls or the weather forecast. Also, if you want to add more apps to your launcher. You can also remove the color that is not key.
So, You can also have a very colorful minimalist desktop. In case, if you are looking for inspiration. Then check out DeviantArt or one of the many Rainmeter skins that are available and you will also find lots of ideas. Most of the minimal desktop enthusiasts include the wallpaper in the overall design of the desktop. Also, this is both aesthetically nice and also useful.